ROD Pick Em Contest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I figured since people like to make their picks for games on this board, that we should go ahead and make it interesting.

Join here:
<a class="postlink" href="http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... /joingroup</a>

Group ID: 59515
Password: rams8088rams8088

Use this thread to report problems with registration or to ask any questions.
EDIT: You'll be picking against the spread, by the way (just to make it interesting).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
PhxRam said:
got paypal? we should make this a little interesting :p
Yeah, I got paypal. :hehe:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
StlouisramsX said:
EDIT: You'll be picking against the spread, by the way (just to make it interesting).

Joined. My name is "Derek Smitherson?"

Dumb question: What exactly does picking against the spread mean? I hear it all the time for people betting on sports games but never knew what it meant.

PhxRam

JdashSTL said:
StlouisramsX said:

Joined. My name is "Derek Smitherson?"

Dumb question: What exactly does picking against the spread mean? I hear it all the time for people betting on sports games but never knew what it meant.

Meaning you are not just picking the winner straight up.

Example this weekend. Philly -5

If you pick the Rams and they lose, you still could be right if they lose by less than 5 pts.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks X. I love this stuff. Paypal? Did somebody say they wanted to put money in my Paypal???? :hehe:

PhxRam

Ramhusker said:
Thanks X. I love this stuff. Paypal? Did somebody say they wanted to put money in my Paypal???? :hehe:

I am game. per week or year basis? Obviously need enough participants to make it worthwhile

New to the board! Love how the site is set up! Also signed up for the Pick em contest! (Rams over Eagles) Hope to have some fun with you all!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Spags2Riches said:
New to the board! Love how the site is set up! Also signed up for the Pick em contest! (Rams over Eagles) Hope to have some fun with you all!
Awesome screen name, man. :sly:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Spags2Riches said:
Welcome to the board...great to have new blood. Please check out the rules section and introduce yourself in the sticky if you get a chance. We don't allow bashing unless it's against the team we are playing, then it is encouraged. :hehe:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Okay, I joined. I don't know if you'd call me an amateur, but I've never been in one of these. How does it work? Do you have to submit all your picks before the first game? Or just as each game starts?

Do you have to pick on all the games or is there a minimum? I plan to pick on all, but I'm scoping out the system, you know?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram Quixote said:
Okay, I joined. I don't know if you'd call me an amateur, but I've never been in one of these. How does it work? Do you have to submit all your picks before the first game? Or just as each game starts?

Do you have to pick on all the games or is there a minimum? I plan to pick on all, but I'm scoping out the system, you know?
You have to get all of your picks in, and they have to be in no later than 5 minutes before the game starts (so watch out for Thursday games). We're also picking against the spread, and there are 'tie-breakers' wherein you predict the score for a couple of games too. Pretty easy stuff - I'm sure you'll master it in a few minutes.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
StlouisramsX said:
Ram Quixote said:

You have to get all of your picks in, and they have to be in no later than 5 minutes before the game starts (so watch out for Thursday games). We're also picking against the spread, and there are 'tie-breakers' wherein you predict the score for a couple of games too. Pretty easy stuff - I'm sure you'll master it in a few minutes.
Just to be clear, I have to have tomorrow's pick in, but the Sunday games can wait til Sunday morning, right?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram Quixote said:
StlouisramsX said:
Ram Quixote said:

Just to be clear, I have to have tomorrow's pick in, but the Sunday games can wait til Sunday morning, right?
yessir.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
StlouisramsX said:
Ram Quixote said:
StlouisramsX said:
Ram Quixote said:

yessir.

Or Bro you can do like I try to do.......make your picks, set your roster, etc. EARLY. If you are able, and some news has come to light in the interim, then Saturday night, Sunday morning, whenever.....you change up.

But if something happens that precludes you from getting it done Sunday morning and NOTHING has been announced that would have changed how you would have selected on Tuesday or Wednesday....then yer screwed and could end up starting hurt guys or guys on bye week.

And really.....once you lose once or twice like that.....it will never happen to you again. Just a bit of advice in ADVANCE.

Good Luck!