Rocky Mountain Oyster Fry

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We came. We saw. WE KICKED THEIR ASS!

We weren’t going to do it because it’s a crapload of work but my wife convinced me.

Team Pho-Q - just my wife and me. Took on teams with 4-10 members and took home the hardware plus about $1500 in prize money.

Over 800 orders of Pho-king hot balls served. And everyone kept saying they would have never known they were balls if they weren’t at a testicle festival.

I sliced 90 lbs of balls and marinated them in a very spicy Scorpion chili marinade and then made an authentic beef Pho broth and added rice vermicelli. We served bean sprouts, Thai basil, and a lime wedge on the side. It was a truly tasty dish and the balls tasted like a spicy Vietnamese meat ball.
AFE03076-E8CC-428E-B4CE-1700EFFF63AF.jpeg
EA1AE853-9543-4759-B90B-8710B2426B95.jpeg
F35C0B66-0D92-4E9E-94AF-ACBAAD9AA17E.jpeg
D9ED51EF-2139-4D04-906C-AFFDCF00CB5C.jpeg
C0EE5ABE-B3E7-496D-B250-08115C37720F.jpeg
989D9672-7025-42B3-8C6F-AC72D48D3FAE.jpeg
6516A23D-BE73-43B0-9014-DDAD67188096.jpeg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Congrats man! One of these years I'll make it up for that, was at the soccer match downtown.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I would eat your balls.... hold on, let me rephrase — CONGRATS!!!! this should come as no surprise though. Pho Q hahahah so epic

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Pho- Q, Stu!

Great job. You slayed the competition. Wish we could have made it. :cheers:

:bow::banana:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Completely and totally FANTASTIC Stu.

What a fucking trifecta.

Best Overall Taste
Most Creative Dish
Best Team Name

So how did you and your wife cook your balls before adding them to the dish?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Completely and totally FANTASTIC Stu.

What a freaking trifecta.

Best Overall Taste
Most Creative Dish
Best Team Name

So how did you and your wife cook your balls before adding them to the dish?
Woked of course. Unfortunately I had to wok my own balls.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Congrats, Stu! The food you made sounds absolutely delicious. Wish I could've been there to try some.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We came. We saw. WE KICKED THEIR ASS!

We weren’t going to do it because it’s a crapload of work but my wife convinced me.

Team Pho-Q - just my wife and me. Took on teams with 4-10 members and took home the hardware plus about $1500 in prize money.

Over 800 orders of Pho-king hot balls served. And everyone kept saying they would have never known they were balls if they weren’t at a testicle festival.

I sliced 90 lbs of balls and marinated them in a very spicy Scorpion chili marinade and then made an authentic beef Pho broth and added rice vermicelli. We served bean sprouts, Thai basil, and a lime wedge on the side. It was a truly tasty dish and the balls tasted like a spicy Vietnamese meat ball. View attachment 28650View attachment 28651View attachment 28652View attachment 28653View attachment 28654View attachment 28655View attachment 28656
Very cool Man!!

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Big congrats on the wins! So many balls. So little time.

Cooking with balls: the world's first testicle cookbook
Have you tried tackling testicles?

Susan Smillie

Thu 2 Oct 2008 06.38 EDTFirst published on Thu 2 Oct 2008 06.38 EDT

balls460.jpg

If you don't want to know the result, look away now. Photograph: Andrew Wong/Getty
Everyone's very excited about a new e-cookbook launched today, by online publishers YUDU. It's been compiled by a Serbian fellow called Ljubomir Erovic who has apparently been a testicular cook for some 20 years.

"The tastiest testicles in my opinion probably come from bulls, stallions or ostriches, although other people have their own favourites," says Mr Erovic. He also uses those from pigs and turkeys in his cooking and points out that "all testicles can be eaten - except human, of course". Glad to hear it Ljubomir.

Testicles are rich in testosterone (no kidding!) and are believed by many to have powerful aphrodisiac qualities.

testicle_pizza200.jpg

Testicle pizza as made by Ljubomir Erovic. Photograph: PR
Erovic reckons "the best for aphrodisiac properties are sheep and stallion testicles". So there you go.

While the ingredient is fairly challenging, most of the dishes in the book are less adventurous, from testicle pizza, goulash, battered testicles to barbecued testicles and giblets. To be fair though, it doesn't hurt to keep it simple, and there are a couple of more demanding recipes in there, for instance, calf testicles in wine (white or red but not sweet) and testicles with bourguignon sauce.

As for preparation, the recipe for omelette with calf testicles starts, "Remove fine veins from the testicles and put them in boiling water for 2-3 minutes". Presumably, this refers to the testicles, not the veins, but in such untested waters you can never be sure - however there are videos guides for the nervous. The book says testicles should be soaked in water before cooking, to soften them up, and cooks are advised that they will need a "very sharp knife" to tackle them with, so I'm thinking they're perhaps a little tough. Has anyone tried them?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Big congrats on the wins! So many balls. So little time.

Cooking with balls: the world's first testicle cookbook
Have you tried tackling testicles?

Susan Smillie

Thu 2 Oct 2008 06.38 EDTFirst published on Thu 2 Oct 2008 06.38 EDT

balls460.jpg

If you don't want to know the result, look away now. Photograph: Andrew Wong/Getty
Everyone's very excited about a new e-cookbook launched today, by online publishers YUDU. It's been compiled by a Serbian fellow called Ljubomir Erovic who has apparently been a testicular cook for some 20 years.

"The tastiest testicles in my opinion probably come from bulls, stallions or ostriches, although other people have their own favourites," says Mr Erovic. He also uses those from pigs and turkeys in his cooking and points out that "all testicles can be eaten - except human, of course". Glad to hear it Ljubomir.

Testicles are rich in testosterone (no kidding!) and are believed by many to have powerful aphrodisiac qualities.

testicle_pizza200.jpg

Testicle pizza as made by Ljubomir Erovic. Photograph: PR
Erovic reckons "the best for aphrodisiac properties are sheep and stallion testicles". So there you go.

While the ingredient is fairly challenging, most of the dishes in the book are less adventurous, from testicle pizza, goulash, battered testicles to barbecued testicles and giblets. To be fair though, it doesn't hurt to keep it simple, and there are a couple of more demanding recipes in there, for instance, calf testicles in wine (white or red but not sweet) and testicles with bourguignon sauce.

As for preparation, the recipe for omelette with calf testicles starts, "Remove fine veins from the testicles and put them in boiling water for 2-3 minutes". Presumably, this refers to the testicles, not the veins, but in such untested waters you can never be sure - however there are videos guides for the nervous. The book says testicles should be soaked in water before cooking, to soften them up, and cooks are advised that they will need a "very sharp knife" to tackle them with, so I'm thinking they're perhaps a little tough. Has anyone tried them?
Having cooked with bull, turkey, and sheep nads, that picture of the pizza makes my stomach turn. Those thick slabs of calf testicles would be disgusting. The texture would be enough to make me puke and I’m not squeamish in the slightest when it comes to strange foods.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm brave on trying a lot of foods but I draw the line here. No freaking way!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm brave on trying a lot of foods but I draw the line here. No freaking way!!!
I could have so easily slid them by you Bo and you would have thought it was great until I told you and you went running toward the bathroom. :ROFLMAO:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I wouldn't expect anything less Brudda Stu. Those other peeps in the contest didn't have a chance vs you two! Bad Asses I tell ya!!!

Love the pics of you guys. Especially you and your Green Jacket. Was that a prize too... like a Masters Green jacket? You guys look great!

Nobody does balls like you Stu... and to have a wife with a ball PHD. That's like winning the lottery Man!

Looks like you both had a blast. I would have loved to have been there to watch... there's no Phoqing way I would have eaten a ball though... and you know I will eat ALMOST anything.

So glad you guys kicked ass!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wouldn't expect anything less Brudda Stu. Those other peeps in the contest didn't have a chance vs you two! Bad Asses I tell ya!!!

Love the pics of you guys. Especially you and your Green Jacket. Was that a prize too... like a Masters Green jacket? You guys look great!

Nobody does balls like you Stu... and to have a wife with a ball PHD. That's like winning the lottery Man!

Looks like you both had a blast. I would have loved to have been there to watch... there's no Phoqing way I would have eaten a ball though... and you know I will eat ALMOST anything.

So glad you guys kicked ass!!!
It’s an irreverent St Paddy’s day festival. So we found green jackets a couple years ago. Not seen is my kilt in the Stuart clan hunter tartan. A smashing combination. :D

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It’s an irreverent St Paddy’s day festival. So we found green jackets a couple years ago. Not seen is my kilt in the Stuart clan hunter tartan. A smashing combination. :D

LOLOLOLOL

And you were free-ballin with a kilt. BAM

That's fantastic.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LOLOLOLOL

And you were free-ballin with a kilt. BAM

That's fantastic.
Of course. When I went up on stage to accept the awards, there were a bunch of ladies wanting to know. It’s an irreverent festival but maybe not quite THAT irreverent. :ROFLMAO:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Of course. When I went up on stage to accept the awards, there were a bunch of ladies wanting to know. It’s an irreverent festival but maybe not quite THAT irreverent. :ROFLMAO:
Congrats on the win and the lovely draft you must have enjoyed! ;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Stuart clan hunter tartan

My father had tartan ties..........dozens of them and all legit tartans from different clans. He also had a very expensive book that showed illustrations of hundreds of Tartans. I think every one from every Clan but I could be wrong.

He traced the Scottish blood in the family (which is one of a few nationalities I am) back to the MacPherson Clan.

He always wore a white shirt and a tartan tie to work. Every day, no exceptions.