Rob Rang: Could the Rams Have the Top Pick in 2015?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
CBS Sports’ Rob Rang joins Erin Sharoni to discuss if the Rams will end up with the first overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft. While Rang admires the talent level the Rams have built up, the lack of quality QB play and their very tough schedule make it possible that they could experience a free-fall similar to Houston last year. (1:41)

Watch Rob Rang Talk Rams

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not a chance. Case Keenum will help us get 9 wins.

I made a bet with myself earlier this year that Bradford would get to and win his first playoff game. But then I had to amend it after he got hurt and said Hill would be able to do it. So, needless to say, if Keenum gets the start, I'm just gonna shut my mouth. My bets are killing our QBs.

V3

Hall of Fame

I made a bet with myself earlier this year that Bradford would get to and win his first playoff game. But then I had to amend it after he got hurt and said Hill would be able to do it. So, needless to say, if Keenum gets the start, I'm just gonna shut my mouth. My bets are killing our QBs.
Don't be so hard on yourself. Your bets aren't killing our QB's. The Warner Curse is.

cracengl

Rookie
How do you feel about Kapernick and Wilson, X? Huh? You love them, don't you?

LOVE THEM, DAMN YOU!!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Short answer Rob.....No. Next man up. This team is not going to lay down over a couple of injuries.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How do you feel about Kapernick and Wilson, X? Huh? You love them, don't you?

LOVE THEM, DAMN YOU!!
They'll both meet each other in the NFC Title game and then they'll both go onto the Super Bowl in which both will win it. And then they'll go on to live healthy and prosperous lives until they're both 108 years old.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, they could get the top pick. If it's a really weird season where every team finishes 8-8 except one team going 9-7 and the Rams - thanks to their opening day loss - going 7-9.

But I wouldn't bet on it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Don't be so hard on yourself. Your bets aren't killing our QB's. The Warner Curse is.
Well, then, let's get rid of it. A quick Wiccan search yielded this.
  • Light a black candle for cleansing and banishing.
  • Find a photo of your once-target and anoint it with olive oil. This will ruin the photo.
  • Say, “My fiery anger did not last. Remove the curse that I have cast. Let all ill will and energy flee, and let [target’s name] never suspect me.”
  • If you’re looking to avoid bad luck from removing a curse, it’s a good idea to give some small offering (that belonged to you) in exchange for the removal.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

One thing is that Kurt Warner showed that there are no such thing "a curse" when he wore #13 to the Super Bowl MVP

But if there was such thing as a curse it's more likely due to Martz/Devaney/Linehan/Spags

Plus Kurt Warner was rocking his Ram Jersey during this last draft. He clearly loves the Rams which is evident here. AZ is just way more appreciative as a franchise. Kroenke/Fisher and Co just need to hang his sacred jersey from the rafters and make the healing complete

-1.jpg

jdhommert

Rookie
The Around the NFL podcast with 4 of the best nfl.com guys do wagers on a lot of things during the season. A guy says something he'll bet on, and the other guys will take or leave the bet.

He bet that the Rams will have the worst record in the NFL this year. Nobody wanted to bet against that. Not even if they tied for the worst record.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The Around the NFL podcast with 4 of the best nfl.com guys do wagers on a lot of things during the season. A guy says something he'll bet on, and the other guys will take or leave the bet.

He bet that the Rams will have the worst record in the NFL this year. Nobody wanted to bet against that. Not even if they tied for the worst record.

So? are you saying we are coming in last.
You should possibly consider starting a thread about who will we take with the #1 pick in 2015, if you think those "4 of the best nfl.com guys" are so right

The season just fucking started!!!!! we are in a bad way with our QB's but there is no way we are going to lay down this year

V3

Hall of Fame
Well, then, let's get rid of it. A quick Wiccan search yielded this.
  • Light a black candle for cleansing and banishing.
  • Find a photo of your once-target and anoint it with olive oil. This will ruin the photo.
  • Say, “My fiery anger did not last. Remove the curse that I have cast. Let all ill will and energy flee, and let [target’s name] never suspect me.”
  • If you’re looking to avoid bad luck from removing a curse, it’s a good idea to give some small offering (that belonged to you) in exchange for the removal.
You think retiring number would help? Maybe we're being punished extra hard this year since Arizona of all teams did it before we did.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So that Bradford bet is off right?

V3

Hall of Fame
One thing is that Kurt Warner showed that there are no such thing "a curse" when he wore #13 to the Super Bowl MVP

But if there was such thing as a curse it's more likely due to Martz/Devaney/Linehan/Spags

Plus Kurt Warner was rocking his Ram Jersey during this last draft. He clearly loves the Rams which is evident here. AZ is just way more appreciative as a franchise. Kroenke/Fisher and Co just need to hang his sacred jersey from the rafters and make the healing complete

View attachment 3076
I just mentioned to X that retiring his number might help. I think we need to start a campaign. Who has Demoff's number?

jdhommert

Rookie
So? are you saying we are coming in last.
You should possibly consider starting a thread about who will we take with the #1 pick in 2015, if you think those "4 of the best nfl.com guys" are so right

The season just fucking started!!!!! we are in a bad way with our QB's but there is no way we are going to lay down this year
Calm down man lol

The thread was started saying we could have the 1st pick, and I posted something from someone else who said the same thing...

I was just reporting that some respected NFL.com guys agree with Rob Rang another respected guy who are basing their opinion on how we looked as a team in the opener and were already on our 3rd string QB, lost Chris Long for most of the year, horrible play calling...etc etc..

Of course the Rams won't lay down. Fisher does his best work with horrible teams and situations. But it sure as hell doesn't look good and we played game 1 like we will be competing for a top pick in teh draft...if we don't win at least 1 of the next 2 games...

Just don't see it, as bad a position as Fisher's put us in with Hill as a starter all season I still think we'll win a minimum of 4. Now if we lose to Tampa that will most likely change.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
At this point, given our roster construction, I'd really consider trading up with a Redskins type of deal.

That would be the only way we get the #1 overall pick though.

jdhommert

Rookie
Just don't see it, as bad a position as Fisher's put us in with Hill as a starter all season I still think we'll win a minimum of 4. Now if we lose to Tampa that will most likely change.
4 is a real possibility--depending on how much we improve over the opening performance. I think we can beat the Raiders and Redskins and Giants. We'll see how we can do against the Bucs, Cowboys, Cardinals etc..maybe we can steal one against a great team too.