RG3 free in 2016?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best way I can explain it is this...RGIII was the #2 pick...not the 4 spots they moved up. The two first round picks and the second were equal to those 4 spots in terms of price. Whereas the price on RGIII(#2) was #6, 1st, 1st, and 2nd.

If you buy a steak from the grocery store(and the steak is worth $10) for $13, you don't say that you gave up $3 for the steak. You gave up $13 for the steak.

Think of it like that. RGIII is a commodity in this sense. And in order to get that commodity, the Redskins had to give us three firsts and a second.
I don't understand your motivation of getting this technical over something like this and to be frank its annoying. I think from the beginning its pretty obvious that I was indicating the 2012 first rounder was more of a swap and the other two were the cost of that swap. Its not a profound thought that 3 of the Redskins first round picks were included in the deal. St Louis Gained 2 first rounders in this trade and Washington was left without 2 first round picks in this trade...that's all I was saying.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't understand your motivation of getting this technical over something like this and to be frank its annoying. I think from the beginning its pretty obvious that I was indicating the 2012 first rounder was more of a swap and the other two were the cost of that swap. Its not a profound thought that 3 of the Redskins first round picks were included in the deal. St Louis Gained 2 first rounders in this trade and Washington was left without 2 first round picks in this trade...that's all I was saying.

Okay. No need to get annoyed. You asked a question so I tried to clarify why I see it the way I do since we seemed to have a disconnect. I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying. Only telling you why people would misunderstand what you were saying and disagree with you.

I figured you were curious because you asked a question. It's hard to discern tone on the internet.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Let's see. We got:

Micheal Brokers
Janoris Jenkins
Alex Ogletree
Zac Stacy
Greg Robinson

beauty trade, eh?
upload_2014-11-17_21-14-35.jpeg

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's see. We got:

Micheal Brokers
Janoris Jenkins
Alex Ogletree
Zac Stacy
Greg Robinson

decent trade, eh?
View attachment 4066
On top of that, Imo having 2 first rounders this year afforded us the luxury of drafting Aaron Donald. Even though he wasnt part of the trade technically I think that if the Rams only had their own first round pick we would have taken Zack Martin 13th overall and not Donald.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So which came first? The train or the wreck? And is RGme the train or the wreck? Which ever it is, I can't help but watch the circus side show much like a train wreck. Is any of this possibly Dan Snyder's doing? Is he the train that causes the wreck? I have to wonder honestly. Does RGme have a chance at some sort of normalcy if he is not drafted by Snyder? What is the acceptable norm in that organization these days? It's ok for Gruden to throw Bobby under the bus because his star QB did it first? Should we really expect that a young RG3 have the couth that we would expect out of someone hired to coach these young men?

Man - I really have to wonder. While I love the picks this dysfunction has given us, I can't help but feel that Bob wouldn't have been better served in a different situation. I'm not acquitting RG of his stupidity in all this. Far from it actually. I just have to wonder if another owner would have put things in place to better advise and mold a player that could truly make a franchise.

Does anyone really think Shanny was the problem? Maybe - if he didn't put things in place like Fish has done here. Maybe that is KD's doing or Snead's. Maybe Stan gave an edict to what SHALL be expected. I don't know. But I honestly suspect that RG3 has been severely disserviced by those surrounding him. He's still acting like a BMOC in college. Someone should have been making sure he knew how to be a pro.

The injury? I suspect that has Snyder written all over it too. I have no love for Shanihan. I don't dislike him but I don't really give him much thought period. But this is an experienced coach who has done well and I just don't see him as the problem here. In fact, I have to guess that he is VERY relieved to be out of there.

So what do you guys think? Is RGme really a bigger narcissist than many other young stars? Or has that franchise just compounded things?

My take? Thank you Daniel for ensuring we got the better out of that trade. And I hope for this kid - and he is still a kid - to get the hell away from him and get some much needed mentoring. Hopefully he will take it when offered.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
So which came first? The train or the wreck? And is RGme the train or the wreck? Which ever it is, I can't help but watch the circus side show much like a train wreck. Is any of this possibly Dan Snyder's doing? Is he the train that causes the wreck? I have to wonder honestly. Does RGme have a chance at some sort of normalcy if he is not drafted by Snyder? What is the acceptable norm in that organization these days? It's ok for Gruden to throw Bobby under the bus because his star QB did it first? Should we really expect that a young RG3 have the couth that we would expect out of someone hired to coach these young men?

Man - I really have to wonder. While I love the picks this dysfunction has given us, I can't help but feel that Bob wouldn't have been better served in a different situation. I'm not acquitting RG of his stupidity in all this. Far from it actually. I just have to wonder if another owner would have put things in place to better advise and mold a player that could truly make a franchise.

Does anyone really think Shanny was the problem? Maybe - if he didn't put things in place like Fish has done here. Maybe that is KD's doing or Snead's. Maybe Stan gave an edict to what SHALL be expected. I don't know. But I honestly suspect that RG3 has been severely disserviced by those surrounding him. He's still acting like a BMOC in college. Someone should have been making sure he knew how to be a pro.

The injury? I suspect that has Snyder written all over it too. I have no love for Shanihan. I don't dislike him but I don't really give him much thought period. But this is an experienced coach who has done well and I just don't see him as the problem here. In fact, I have to guess that he is VERY relieved to be out of there.

So what do you guys think? Is RGme really a bigger narcissist than many other young stars? Or has that franchise just compounded things?

My take? Thank you Daniel for ensuring we got the better out of that trade. And I hope for this kid - and he is still a kid - to get the hell away from him and get some much needed mentoring. Hopefully he will take it when offered.
Gruden sure isn't protecting him.
For every statement that goes public, how much is still behind closed doors?
RGme started showing what a loser he was his rookie year. He was a sore loser and crybaby. It's not going to change. He lacks that "it" factor that's makes leaders.
His sense of self entitlement is glaring.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RG3 has the physical talent to be successful.

I'm not sure he has the durability or the mouth to be successful. And truthfully, his ability to read the field may never come around either.

In the right situation it might all come together for him? Right now; no way they touch the option with a 10 foot pole unless Snyder does it himself out of stubbornness.

OkieRamFan

UDFA
Name
Harold
Here's my take.
1. Gruden wanted to wait until after the bye to return Griffin to the lineup. They had just beat Dallas with Colt McCoy starting.
2. Griffin fearing that he was about to lose his job to McCoy, pleaded to Snyder to intercede with Gruden on his behalf, which he did forcing the coach to start Griffin against Minnesota.
3. As a result the team promptly lost two winnable games. Griffin throws his teammates under the bus. Coach throws Griffin under the bus, and sends a message to owner that you made me do this.

Philly5

Rookie
The way I look at it they gave up 2 first round picks and one second round. They didnt give up their 2012 1st round pick they improved it. Its like if you gave me 3 dollars for 1 dollar youve only lost 2 dollars.

No big deal. The way I look at it is the Redskins got RG3 to show for a 2012 1, 2012 2, 2013 1, and 2014 1. They could have had 4 players, instead they got one broken down crybaby.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No big deal. The way I look at it is the Redskins got RG3 to show for a 2012 1, 2012 2, 2013 1, and 2014 1. They could have had 4 players, instead they got one broken down crybaby.
Yup just 2 different ways of looking at it. But there is only 1 way to look at the outcome of the trade...Rams got the way better deal(y)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I wonder what the idiot Browns fan that recorded the YouTube video ripping the Browns has to say right about now.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I wonder what the idiot Browns fan that recorded the YouTube video ripping the Browns has to say right about now.

Better yet, the Rams fans who didn't like the trade after RG III's rookie season. Believe it or not those people did exist.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
What ever happens to Bob3 doesn't matter to me.
I just want to see what their idiot owner will want to give up this year or next to draft a QB.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On top of that, Imo having 2 first rounders this year afforded us the luxury of drafting Aaron Donald. Even though he wasnt part of the trade technically I think that if the Rams only had their own first round pick we would have taken Zack Martin 13th overall and not Donald.
I was just saying the same thing. I totally agree on that, and it cant be understated. Donald is going to be the "WTF were we thinking by not drafting that guy?" for 11 teams. And like you said, its all possible because of that deal

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Redskins received from St Louis the below:
First rd. #2 in 2012
Rams received from Washington the below:
First rd. #6 in 2012 then STL trade w/ Dallas
Dallas received First rd.#6 STL received the below:
First rd.#14 in 2012
Second rd.#45 in 2012
Fifth rd. #150 in 2012

Second rd.#39 in 2012
First rd.#22 in 2013
then STL trade w/ ATL
ATL received First rd.#22 & a Seventh rd.# ? in 2015, STL received the below:
First rd. #30 in 2013
Third rd.#92 in 2013

First rd. #2 in 2014

Currently the Rams have Four starters that came from this trade. Players on the 53 man roster that came from that original Washington trade & trades that Snead made using those Washington traded picks are the following:
DT-M. Brockers-Starter
CB-J.Jenkins-Starter
RB-I.Pead-Reserve IR'd
LB-A.Ogletree-Starter
WR-S.Bailey -Reserve
OT-G.Robinson-Starter

Last edited:

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Even though he wasnt part of the trade technically I think that if the Rams only had their own first round pick we would have taken Zack Martin 13th overall and not Donald.
No! You cannot have the Zack Martin!

Screenshot_2014-11-18-12-56-40-1.png