RG Knee...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
His style is always going to put him at risk.

The trade looks better and better everyday.

Robert Gimpin' the Turd on the sideline for a bunch of early picks...yeah, I'll have that, thanks!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I found this story a bit interesting:

Andrews: Shanahan didn't ask me

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/st ... enter-game

Dr. James Andrews told USA Today Sports that he didn't clear Robert Griffin III to return for four plays against the Baltimore Ravens on Dec. 9 when he sprained his knee as Mike Shanahan had told reporters after that game and that he's still worried about the Washington Redskins quarterback's knee, even though he has been cleared to play.

When asked why he risked Griffin's long-term health by letting the quarterback return to the game, Shanahan had said he only let Griffin return after he got the OK from Andrews, who was on the team's sideline.

"He's the one that gives me that information," Shanahan said on Dec. 10. "It's way over my head."

Griffin left after the four plays and Kirk Cousins finished the game, helping the Redskins win in overtime.

"He didn't even let us look at him," Andrews told USA Today Sports. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players, and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion. We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."

Andrews told USA Today Sports that he made the call to shut Griffin down on Dec. 9.

"I'm the one that shut him down that day, finally," Andrews told USA Today. "I've been a nervous wreck letting him come back as quick as he has. He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering and I'm holding my breath because of it.

"He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do, but it's been a trying moment for me, to be honest with you."

Griffin again will wear a brace on his knee Sunday in Washington's wild-card playoff game against the Seahawks. He missed the Redskins' Dec. 16 win over the Browns but has worn the brace since returning on Dec. 23.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He's a good kid. Good head on his shoulders.
And he really energized that city & fan base.
They got theirs, we got ours (and a buncha picks)

Win-win.

Speeps

Starter
Rams brass looks smarter for getting what we can for the RGIII deal, because RGIII is going to have durability issues for a long time with his play style and that "kill your QB" style of offense.

Dr. Andrews is a smart man. Why any one would ignore him is beyond me.

Speeps

Starter
X said:

Win-win.
Summed up perfectly. He may have to change his plat style, and Shannahan may want to think about ways to make the offense safer for his QB.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:

Win-win.

It IS hard to root against the guy.

Like Sum1BTRthnU, the trade continues to look good for us.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Speeps said:
X said:

Win-win.
Summed up perfectly. He may have to change his plat style, and Shannahan may want to think about ways to make the offense safer for his QB.
I have a feeling Shamaham is gonna continue to ride Griffin into the ground as an option QB. It looks great on paper, but he's just not big enough to keep absorbing hits from angry defensive players hungry for a highlight hit on a QB.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Speeps said:
He may have to change his playing style, and Shannahan may want to think about ways to make the offense safer for his QB.

No doubt they need to work on this.

But, how to do it?

Running is a big part of what he does. And... like Pettis, he always seems to get hit hard.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah, like I said earlier in the game, RG3 wont last if he stays like that. He's a talented player, but this isn't college. You can't run a college offense. Defenses will adapt, and it's going to get him killed with those hits.

Speeps

Starter
CGI_Ram said:
Speeps said:
He may have to change his playing style, and Shannahan may want to think about ways to make the offense safer for his QB.

No doubt they need to work on this.

But, how to do it?

Running is a big part of what he does. And... like Pettis, he always seems to get hit hard.
That's a good point. I don't know how you make the option safer. I personally think it's not smart to run it in the NFL. Shannahan may be learning this the hard way.

Like X said, he may choose to run RGIII into the ground.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Shanahan's an idiot for running those plays in the first place. It got him hurt by some of the hardest hitters in the league in Weatherspoon and Ngata. However, the worst thing that he did was lie about Andrews clearing RG3 and the health of his franchise quarterback. He should've been shut down a long time ago. Was this first round playoff loss honestly worth getting his franchise quarterback badly injured by running that stupid option offense? Was lying about Andrews and RG3's prior injury worth getting his ass fined by the league for his idiocy?

If it weren't for the fact that we're getting draft picks from them, I'd almost feel sorry for the Redskins fans.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Memento said:
Shanahan's an idiot for running those plays in the first place. It got him hurt by some of the hardest hitters in the league in Weatherspoon and Ngata. However, the worst thing that he did was lie about Andrews clearing RG3 and the health of his franchise quarterback. He should've been shut down a long time ago. Was this first round playoff loss honestly worth getting his franchise quarterback badly injured by running that stupid option offense? Was lying about Andrews and RG3's prior injury worth getting his ass fined by the league for his idiocy?

If it weren't for the fact that we're getting draft picks from them, I'd almost feel sorry for the Redskins fans.

Yeah my respect for him went out the window b/c of that.

Also, I don't feel sorry for any Redskin fans...especially "die hard" fans. Probably some of the most arrogant, uptight fans in the league.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Honestly, that was hard to watch yesterday. The kid was CLEARLY injured,...not hurt...INJURED. Bamaham should be ashamed of himself for leaving him out there like that. Does it really surprise anybody though? He rode T Davis into an early retirement by playing him with a bad wheel on multiple occasions. Even used him as a decoy in the first Superbowl even though Davis has a migraine so bad that he was actually BLIND at the time. Hopefully RG's knee will be ok, but I am not so sure. That thing buckled pretty bad on that last plant. Nasty.....

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Anybody else think when the MRI comes back ,,, it's gonna say - torn ACL ?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Selassie I said:
Anybody else think when the MRI comes back ,,, it's gonna say - torn ACL ?

Wouldn't surprise me. That thing was pretty wobbly.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Faceplant said:
Honestly, that was hard to watch yesterday. The kid was CLEARLY injured,...not hurt...INJURED. Bamaham should be ashamed of himself for leaving him out there like that. Does it really surprise anybody though? He rode T Davis into an early retirement by playing him with a bad wheel on multiple occasions. Even used him as a decoy in the first Superbowl even though Davis has a migraine so bad that he was actually BLIND at the time. Hopefully RG's knee will be ok, but I am not so sure. That thing buckled pretty bad on that last plant. Nasty.....
That's Shamaham. Always lookin' out for Shamaham.

At the very least, when the guy's in a knee brace and clearly not 100%, you probably shouldn't DESIGN plays for him that have him running. But there's the rub. That entire offense is centered around the QB running the ball, so he really had no choice if he wanted to keep lookin' out for #1.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Faceplant said:
That's Shamaham. Always lookin' out for Shamaham. At the very least, when the guy's in a knee brace and clearly not 100%, you probably shouldn't DESIGN plays for him that have him running. But there's the rub. That entire offense is centered around the QB running the ball, so he really had no choice if he wanted to keep lookin' out for #1.
That's coaches, period, the coaches who look out for the players interest ahead of their own lose jobs faster than anyone.

Last year Spagbuthole played Sam with an injury that was being re-agravated just to try to save his job ,at least Shanahan had the playoff entry and possible advancement to gain from risking the kid.
AND BTW when I conjured that I was ADMONISHED that Fisher had sent McNair out grievously injured . So again ,it's coaches ,they aren't social workers.

In the end we once again are reminded that the great new thing in this league isn't always what produces long term success and prudence.
I don't think Washingtons "win" in this trade is nearly as big as ours should be if we don't screw it up.
RG was bound to be used that way, the future is now in the NFL and no-one was going to pass on using a guy that way when they drafted BECAUSE he COULD do those things.

Why does a cat lick his nuts? Because he can,if Bradford was as dynamic a runner as RG , we'd be cheeriing like mofos right up to the play he got hurt, then we'd be holding our chins in our hands and wisely making the better decision in retrospect.
They love you win or win.
BTW I wached the game ,all of it, and RG was never IMO able to drive off that leg when he was throwing never mind being unable to run like he was asked to.
Indy got the best QB by far ,by far.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
X said:
Faceplant said:
That's Shamaham. Always lookin' out for Shamaham. At the very least, when the guy's in a knee brace and clearly not 100%, you probably shouldn't DESIGN plays for him that have him running. But there's the rub. That entire offense is centered around the QB running the ball, so he really had no choice if he wanted to keep lookin' out for #1.
That's coaches, period, the coaches who look out for the players interest ahead of their own lose jobs faster than anyone.

Last year Spagbuthole played Sam with an injury that was being re-agravated just to try to save his job ,at least Shanahan had the playoff entry and possible advancement to gain from risking the kid.
AND BTW when I conjured that I was ADMONISHED that Fisher had sent McNair out grievously injured . So again ,it's coaches ,they aren't social workers.

In the end we once again are reminded that the great new thing in this league isn't always what produces long term success and prudence.
I don't think Washingtons "win" in this trade is nearly as big as ours should be if we don't screw it up.
RG was bound to be used that way, the future is now in the NFL and no-one was going to pass on using a guy that way when they drafted BECAUSE he COULD do those things.

Why does a cat lick his nuts? Because he can,if Bradford was as dynamic a runner as RG , we'd be cheeriing like mofos right up to the play he got hurt, then we'd be holding our chins in our hands and wisely making the better decision in retrospect.
They love you win or win.
BTW I wached the game ,all of it, and RG was never IMO able to drive off that leg when he was throwing never mind being unable to run like he was asked to.
Indy got the best QB by far ,by far.
That's the thing tough. Coaches who look out for themselves by playing guys injured, don't have job security either. What do you think happens to Shamaham if this whole Dr's report that he lied about forces their HUGE investment in Griffin to be a waste? By playing him when he's hurt like that, he can shorten his career and set the whole Franchise back.

I'm not going into the Spagnuolo/Bradford thing again.

And I disagree about your hypothetical. If the Rams were in that position, and had a backup like Cousins on the roster, I wouldn't be cheering for Bradford to be limping back into the game without being able to put any weight on his leg. PARTICULARLY if he was a run-first QB like Griffin. Not in retrospect, and not in present-tense. My view of coaching continuity and longevity ties directly into my view of protecting the Franchise's interests by protecting the Franchise players. Smart decisions focused on long-term interests shouldn't get smart coaches canned.

But that's just my opinion.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RG3 clearly wanted to be out there, the coaches must have felt even dinged up he was their best shot.

But, they could have "taken his keys".

That knee has taken a beating over the last month. I am anxious to hear the diagnosis. Chances are we'll get the rosy version.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
RG3 clearly wanted to be out there, the coaches must have felt even dinged up he was their best shot.

But, they could have "taken his keys".

That knee has taken a beating over the last month. I am anxious to hear the diagnosis. Chances are we'll get the rosy version.
84 yards passing after starting out on fire. He couldn't run, he couldn't step into his throw, he couldn't plant, he couldn't do anything real well after hobbling back out there. Not that I care, really. I just think (and thought at the time) that it was negligent to perpetrate the whole "hero" angle Griffin was trying to conjur up for himself. And the fans..... lol. Most of them are most displeased.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread. ... -Out-RGIII