Rewatching the Denver game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
A couple of huge plays early in the third quarter.
One Denver's first possession they ran a well executed WR screen to Sanders. There were two well executed blocks and Sanders had a big play, likely a TD in front of him. Brockers ran the play down from behind and tackled him around the ankles. The Rams went on to get a D stop and remain ahead 13-7. Brockers has been a bit unsung this season but that play showed great hustle and "want". Starting a pass rush, getting off the block and out of the traffic of the middle of the line and running down a WR on the outside to save a TD....big, big play.
Also, on the Rams possession that started at 12:29 in the third quarter Hill made two very good plays. First on the 3rd and 3 and under pressure from the pass rush Hill did not panic, he slid out to the his left (not a sprint....eyes downfield) and made a nice back shoulder throw to Cunningham to convert a third down. Later in the same possession under major pressure, again on third down, Hill slid in the pocket and stepped up making an accurate throw to Cunningham before getting hit by two Broncos....again, Cunningham picking up the first down. These are not big plays on the stat sheet, but, these kinds of plays that a vet QB can give you hold so much value for a team, especially for one that is playing very good D. The ability to remain calm under the pass rush, keep they eyes downfield and keep possession is huge. Instead of a three and out the Rams ended up punting at 8:19 of the third quarter. No points on the drive, but, changing field position (something not done in recent weeks) and holding the ball for 4:10 effectively took a possession away from Denver's dangerous offense.
Also, Kendricks played a role in limiting the Bronco pass rush. He was schemed in a lot and helped block those quick outside rushers.
A great team win with a lot of contributors. We may look back and say this was the game that started the upward swing in the Fisher era.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Hill is going to be a huge part of the rams getting to 9 or 10 wins. He will only get better as he settles in and I really think they can make a run with him running the offense.

Adrian

UDFA
Name
vermeilsRE
So my sister in laws dad, stay with me stay w me for a second... Is a HUGE lions fan. When we signed hill, he predicted that Hill would beat out Bradford in the preseason. Not to say I agree w him at all w this, but Lions fans freaked out w Staffords injuries and not having Hill as a back up.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I distinctly remember the Brockers play and thought, man, what athleticism. If that's what the guy who plays you 0 technique can do, just imagine what the others can do? Our defense is exceptionally athletic, and now they are really starting to get the scheme down. Look the f out, league.

Also, I loved watching GRob on the Tre Mason 27 yard scamper. GRob was bearing down on a CB, and man that guy got down quick ... which was a smart move on his part. No sense in standing in front of an oncoming freight train if you don't have to (y)

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think 8-9 wins are possible: Beat Oakland, SD, Washington, NY Giants & Cards at home (with Stanton at qb). Stanton looked awful against Lions...I watched the whole game- a lot of bad decision.
I think they can beat Seattle at home too--especially with Mebane gone.

Irish

Starter
I think 8-9 wins are possible: Beat Oakland, SD, Washington, NY Giants & Cards at home (with Stanton at qb). Stanton looked awful against Lions...I watched the whole game- a lot of bad decision.
I think they can beat Seattle at home too--especially with Mebane gone.
At this point, Seattle will be playing for their playoff lives. That game is going to be a blood path. The perfect bow on a playoff season if you ask me.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I also saw Brockers make that play downfield. And really honed in on him during the replay. The announcers just mentioned he was tackled, but to see 6'4" 325 Brockers that far downfield and on his last few steps was actually gaining ground, was a sight that should scare the hell out of offensive Coor. around the league......and to think....He's the "lessor" of our 2 tackles........ Thank you Jesus..... Thank you Lord..... (courtesy of the Rolling Stones...of course....)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A great team win with a lot of contributors. We may look back and say this was the game that started the upward swing in the Fisher era.
I completely agree, 10-6 here we come. And play-offs!! (y)

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
How many games does Hill win us had we stuck with him?

You do have to wonder what could have been. I don't think Hill turns over the ball vs the Cardinals and we probably win that game. Same with the 49ers game. Davis was awful in the second half. I'm guessing we would be at least 6-4 with him.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
1482760_10205394498370684_8384861533195894472_n.jpg

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
You do have to wonder what could have been. I don't think Hill turns over the ball vs the Cardinals and we probably win that game. Same with the 49ers game. Davis was awful in the second half. I'm guessing we would be at least 6-4 with him.

Agreed, prime position for a WC spot. We coulda beat Dallas, Philly, ....

R&G was right, we win all of them and Quick doesn't get hurt. :unsure:

Ramatik

Starter
Anybody have the game where I can look at it?

Thanks. Never did get to see it. Ended up watching the 9ers giants game. That stunk. But watching the Rams score come over was great fun.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
watching some highlights and rewatching the game i noticed a couple of the blown coverages Fisher was talking about. thankfully the pressure put manning off his spot so he couldnt hit them. concerning though. really gotta tighten up back there