Rewatched the Atlanta game - Take aways

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

DRich looked good early in the AZ game before he injured his foot. He looked good in a supporting role his rookie season too. I expect a bounce back year.
thats a camp battle i cant wait for...i hope pead wins it but i wouldnt be surprised if cunningham does

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A broken down SJ at the end of his career..

And no I don't have a hate for Drich - i just call it like i see it...why else would he lose the starting job with a deadlast ranked run game (and the rushing yards per game were awful)

DR isn't a rush up the middle guy. Lots of good RBs weren't.

Rams thrived in the run game because they found a back who could play Schotty's limited play calling. I was, and still am, convinced that DR is a starting back on a team that has an OC that designs to the player. Great success at the edge and in the passing game. Sucks up the middle behind a weak rush blocking line.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
thats a camp battle i cant wait for...i hope pead wins it but i wouldnt be surprised if cunningham does
Yeah Pead is the type of all-purpose back we need to step up. Stacy isn't going to frighten defenses trying to catch passes out of the backfield.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watch the "one camera view condensed version" so as to not damage my brain. I thought TA should have had it, but I only saw it once.

Nah. TA had inside position and a step on the post. Sam should have led him to the seam with a low trajectory pass. Instead, he lofted it over the top which put the DB in better position to get to the football and negated the separation and positioning that Tavon had.

Nah. TA had inside position and a step on the post. Sam should have led him to the seam with a low trajectory pass. Instead, he lofted it over the top which put the DB in better position to get to the football and negated the separation and positioning that Tavon had.

2:51 in.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. Exactly. Rip that one down the seam and lead him towards the Falcon (and on his continued post trajectory) instead of throw it over the top and leading him up the field. The DB was leveraged outside which meant Austin had inside position and a step. Ripping it down the seam exploits that inside position and forces the DB to come through Austin to have any chance to stop it.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Most frustrating. ..the fuckin Cowgirls game. At least for me, followed by well the Falcons, both Whiners games, week 17 Seacocks, and Remember the Titans.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Yes, that game was painful, we should have won. Stupid mistakes kept us from winning.

But, the silver lining is that because we lost, the Redskins had a worse record than the Falcons and we have the 2nd overall pick.

If only we could have lost to Houston

Yes, that game was painful, we should have won. Stupid mistakes kept us from winning.

But, the silver lining is that because we lost, the Redskins had a worse record than the Falcons and we have the 2nd overall pick.

If only we could have lost to Houston

Fuckin Chargers cost us the number 1 pick, first down at the one, let's throw it 2 times :rolleyes:. At least we get a shot at revenge next year.

xander47

Rookie
Yep. Exactly. Rip that one down the seam and lead him towards the Falcon (and on his continued post trajectory) instead of throw it over the top and leading him up the field. The DB was leveraged outside which meant Austin had inside position and a step. Ripping it down the seam exploits that inside position and forces the DB to come through Austin to have any chance to stop it.

Wouldn't the other safety pop Austin then if you lead him over the middle or are you saying split the safeties? Just trying to get an understanding of the coverage and route.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wouldn't the other safety pop Austin then if you lead him over the middle or are you saying split the safeties? Just trying to get an understanding of the coverage and route.

Nah, other safety shouldn't be a threat with Austin's speed if you lead him up-field. Throw it to the nearer hash to Austin with as much velocity as possible.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Nah, other safety shouldn't be a threat with Austin's speed if you lead him up-field. Throw it to the nearer hash to Austin with as much velocity as possible.

... I think I would have thrown it the same way Sam did (if I could throw like that). Its a play that you cant really criticize IMO. It might not have worked, but I cant argue with the choice.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I don't want to get skinned for this but after watching that whole video, there were very few times that Sam looked at other options to throw to. He seemed to look for the first read and throw. Is that because he didn't have time? Or because he is worried he doesn't have time? Or that he just doesn't do it?

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
RamzFanz, Was the Atlanta game one of those games, where we trailed, followed by Bradford playing some uptempo no huddle? If so, what was your impression of Bradford and the offense in the uptempo mode?

PhxRam

Kids talented - there's a reason he went in the 2nd and Drich in the 7th. Not to mention Pead has the best hands and pass pro of the backs

so much talent he hasn't barely sniffed the field

iced

so much talent he hasn't barely sniffed the field

Talent wasn't the issue with him - it was getting his head on straight, which he did toward the end of the year since they did started using him a little bit more and more... i remember him being in on a 2 pt conversion, so that counts for somethin in my book. A play that you GOTTA have and you put this kid in?

I hope the kid turns it around - but I don't think the coaching staff are nearly as down and out as some of the people on here