Remove your Homerism & predict the # of wins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How many wins and where do they end up

• A) 7 wins or less

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • B) 8 wins

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • C) 9 wins

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • D) 10 Wins (playoff? )

Votes: 46 45.1%
  • E) 11 wins (Explain if they make playoffs and how far they go)

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • F) 12 wins or more (explain in threat)

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters

Jayson

UDFA
Name
Jayson
I’ll say 11. There’s a lot of very winnable games this year compared to last year but there’s always surprising teams. It all hinges on how healthy/well the OL plays.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Relatively easy schedule. Injuries to our own team and around the league can swing 3-4 games.

Right now I would bet 10 wins. First round loss.

based on preseason rankings, Rams have the 7th toughest schedule. I think 10 wins if we have injuries, 12 if we are basically healthy like we were during the SB run

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I already explained in another thread. I see 16-0 as achievable and 14-2 as realistic. Realistically I can see a split with the Hawks and Niners. 13-3 is probable as it allows for one slip up game. Regardless I really think this team is better than in 2018.

The Ram secondary is the best I've seen in a long time. They have good depth there at CB and safety. The d-line with Floyd, Donald, Robinson, and Lewis is outstanding. They won't need to blitz and can get good pressure with just 4. IMO Robinson is a young Suh in that he can dominate the same way because of who he is going to be playing with. The LBs have more speed across the board than they had in 2018. Yes, they are young but not totally inexperienced.

The offense is improved because the o-line won't be the 2019 train wreck. They now have 2 very good RB's instead of a single bell cow. I think Jefferson adds a dimension they didn't have even with Cooks. We are looking at a hybrid of the speed of Woods and the route running of Kupp. Both Higbee and Everett have blossomed into real weapons.

This is a much better team than 2018's version and they are playing a softer schedule reminiscent of 2018. Injuries are the only thing that can derail this team. If they stay healthy this is a championship caliber roster.

source.gif

I like what I'm see here.!!!!!

TexasRam

Legend
based on preseason rankings, Rams have the 7th toughest schedule. I think 10 wins if we have injuries, 12 if we are basically healthy like we were during the SB run

Yea i don't go by preseason rankings. :)

I go by my own reasoning based on how i think we match up to the teams we will face.

When i say relatively easy I mean we are not playing the Ravens or Steelers or the Patriots with Brady. Teams that tend to spank us into submission.

I see our home games as all winnable. So we might lose maximum 2 games. We might win all 8.

Tough road games are Bills, Eagles, Niners and Bucs. Not worried about Seattle.

We could lose those 4 road games if we play like last year and our Oline doesnt improve. I think we could win all of them as well if we pick it up a notch.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even "removing homerism", the Rams should win 12+ games IMO.

Last year we are two plays away from winning the division: GZ missed FG and Goff pick 6 - or, also in that Niners game, another missed FG. One could argue that if GZ is his 2018 self, we win the division. Let's actually focus on that: if GZ makes that FG against the Niners after the INT in the 2nd half, that game probably turns out differently. If he makes the FG against Pittsburgh, he could have had a game winning chance in that game. And if he makes the FG against Seattle, we win that game.

Let's say he succeeds in 2/3 of those - we win 11 games and make the playoffs. The whole vibe is different - because of a damn kicker? Come on.

Even if you're not convinced by that, how exactly do people forecast who will be good next season? Based on last year and prior years.

In three seasons, McVay has gone 33-15 with 2 playoff wins. Over that same time span here are the other teams that have averaged 10 wins per season since McVay took over:

Saints - 37-11 (2 playoff wins)
Patriots - 36-12 (5 playoff wins)
Chiefs - 34-14 (4 playoff wins)
Ravens - 33-15 (0 playoff wins)
Vikings - 31-14-1 (2 playoff wins)
Eagles - 31-17 (4 playoff wins)
Steelers - 30-17-1 (0 playoff wins)
Seahawks - 30-18 (1 playoff win)

It is utterly ridiculous that the Rams are being written off. We were about the 12th best team in the NFL last year, roughly looking at numbers - yet power rankings and the like have us pretty far down. We're the only team out of this group that's getting so much disrespect - part of that is everyone else on this list made the playoffs last year except the Steelers. But McVay's track record is proven.

The Rams will be a good team next year.

And some of you are giving too much respect to the Seahawks - we're a fluky Gurley endzone fumble and a GZ missed FG away from him being 6-0 against those guys. He's never lost to the Cardinals. And we usually blow both of those teams out. Shanahan is a problem for him - with Jimmy G they're 3-0 against us - but he has to figure that out and the Niners are going to get a cold dose of that Super Bowl loss hangover.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Remove my homerism? Nevah.

12+ wins. Our youngsters on the O-line get another year under their belt after coming on at the end of the season, our young RBs have fresh legs, our receivers continue to do their thing, Higbeast contines to grow while our rookie TE shows why he was considered by some to be the best in class, Goff has an actual pocket and has a year like 2018 only better as he's matured and learned, our D has a new big body in the middle, our DBs show they are the best group in the league, our rookie pass rusher comes in with a real chip on his shoulder, Kiser is healthy and is that thumper in the middle, SF comes down to earth on a SB hangover, Sheattle is still good but not as good as the Rams, AZ flashes but can't really put it together and their young QB gets fake and baked often, we absolutely bitch slap the patisies, the Buffalo game feels like the prelude to the SB and we eek out a close one in a rare smash mouth style, we end Tammy's career in a Donald/Lewis sandwich, and somehow we lose to the Yets to go 15-1 before sweeping the playoffs and SB.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Remove my homerism? Nevah.

12+ wins. Our youngsters on the O-line get another year under their belt after coming on at the end of the season, our young RBs have fresh legs, our receivers continue to do their thing, Higbeast contines to grow while our rookie TE shows why he was considered by some to be the best in class, Goff has an actual pocket and has a year like 2018 only better as he's matured and learned, our D has a new big body in the middle, our DBs show they are the best group in the league, our rookie pass rusher comes in with a real chip on his shoulder, Kiser is healthy and is that thumper in the middle, SF comes down to earth on a SB hangover, Sheattle is still good but not as good as the Rams, AZ flashes but can't really put it together and their young QB gets fake and baked often, we absolutely bitch slap the patisies, the Buffalo game feels like the prelude to the SB and we eek out a close one in a rare smash mouth style, we end Tammy's career in a Donald/Lewis sandwich, and somehow we lose to the Yets to go 15-1 before sweeping the playoffs and SB.

I’ll have what you’re having. Hell, make it a double! Lol.

Ants

Starter
I went with 10 wins.
Sure the division is tough...but IMO, the Hags aren't as good as they're getting credit for. I really don't see how they had the record they did last season - actually, yeah - it was because of Russel Wilson.
The rest of that team?...I'm not seeing it.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
I see another mid pack finish unless Goff takes it to another level.

Rookie DC.

OL with a 39 yo LT is asking for trouble at its most important position.

LB's lost way more talent than has been gained.

Akers might exceed the level of a disinterested 2019 Gurely.

WR's looks weaker sans a healthy Cooks.

DL a little more stout.

I just don't see where this team has made any dramatic improvement over last years squad.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Pretty sure GZ scored the last 9 points of the entire 2018 season.
The last time our offense scored a TD was late in the 3rd qtr vs New Orleans, which means that our Offense finished the post season run scoreless for 5 plus qtrs.
giphy.gif

McV should have went into THAT offseason with a plan to evolve, adapt, establish the 2TE sets, throw some different looks in the run game, move Goff around etc. Instead he trotted out the same 11 personnel play action stuff and our scoring dropped by one full TD/gm. I sure hope he gets it right this time.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I said 11-5 and here's why:

Last year we 9-7 with tons of OL injuries, Cooks/ Gurley not firing on a cylinders. We lost the 5th game against Seattle on a 44 yard FG with a bunch of missteps by the WRs specifically Everett.

I believe Goff and McVay gained a lot of perspective hence the DC change, adding a OC, a stronger presence against the Run. JR will have full year now with us. We moved last year to press man in the middle of the season and Goff learned the value of moving outside the pocket and throwing on the run. Komer/McVay have a good deal of time to figure out the oline and truthfully we can only go up.

The big questions to getting to 11 wins is are we going to miss Littleton he was on the field 93+% of the plays and hopefully Howard and the range of our 3rd round draft pick chips in to help with the loss of CL range.

Can Akers replace Hurley to some extent? Same with Jefferson with Cooks even though he possesses a different skillset. Will we better against the run but not have sack production drop off someone will need to step up to fill in for 19 sacks lost. Obo will some of that and hopefully the familiarity of Staley/Floyd nets us 7 or 8 sacks. I expect the sack production to be down, but I believe our secondary and Wes/TEs will be top 3 in the NFL, same with a strong DL and Goff is a year better.

The kicking situation scares me but GZ missed a bunch of makable kicks last year so hopefully we net out the same.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I'm feeling 10 wins. Division will come down to health and head to head records with 49ers and seapigs.
I believe our run game is going to surprise. The 1-2 punch of Cam and Henderson will be the talk of this forum
by no later than 6 games in maybe sooner. Mark it down and place your bets.
Oh almost forgot to mention we will be one of the best and deepest receiving arsenals in the league.
Yes Jefferson will walk into this league just like Kupp. playing like a 5 year vet by week 1

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think they could be as good as 2017, but with a more difficult division, I see 10 wins.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sorry, I got the homer Lasik.

16 wins.

I legitimately don't see a game that's not easily winnable on that schedule. Will some games be tough? Sure, Bilicheat is always tough, he cheats, Seattle is always close, 49ers have magic fairy luck and Jimmy G's giving out blowjobs in the ref room will always give them a chance.

But I don't see a game that isn't winnable, and I'm not predicting they lose a winnable game.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
This offseason, we lost:

Brandin Cooks, Todd Gurley, Cory Littleton, Dante Fowler, Clay Matthews, and Greg Zeurlein.

ok so we lost a WR who wasn’t really a factor last year, a RB who either had a mystery injury or just lost his desire, a great cover mlb who sorta was weak in run support, a very good edge player in Fowler and a one dimensional edge player whose better days were 3 years behind him.

Losing GZ sux, but even he had issues last year

They can definitely improve on 9-7

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Been thinkin'....The only way I lose my homerism is through extensive surgery...