Reconsider the feelings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladoc

UDFA
Name
Garth
I have empathy for the fans and community of ST Louis. I know what I felt like when the team left LA for St Louis! Honestly at least there is Direct TV now and the relocate will be more attractive to players and coaches (likeJerry Buss and the Laker effect.) LA is s very attractive place to live with an elite media environment. I bet it ends up great for the team . There may be a silver lining.
However what I don't understand is the misguided anger. I'm a business owner. SK "owns" the team. He "owns" the players, the coaches, the equipment Etc. He "bought" them with the money he made by being an astute business man who did an excellent job in business. This is "his" business and "his" team not ours. He has put down all "his" money and assumed "all" responsibilities and risks. He has been in charge and responsible for all the "work" involved in running this operation while we just buy tickets or turn on the tv. We have been fortunate to have this team to enjoy (or not) no matter where they play. They were originally in another city before showing up in St Louis.
I believe he should be able to move his team anywhere he wants and has the right and financial responsibility to make the best deal, most money as well as have the most fun that he can. He deserves it since it is his team. I think it is fair for us to feel sad, but to not understand this simple above captioned concept is primitive and misguided IMHO. To actually criticize and demean him is inappropriate and disgraceful. I think it takes a pretty unsophisticated fan to do that especially in a public forum. And, all these smart, hardworking, rich owners also got together and created a pretty darn good business called the NFL. How lucky for us? We always have the option of not participating if we don't like it!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The city's name is attached to the team. While the city doesn't own the business, this is much different than a guy packing up his used car dealership.

I get what you are saying. But... I don't think this is a good debate right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.