Ready for a laugh? Then read this joke...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not saying the kid can't play, but do you give up no. 2 overall for him and a second rounder?
You mean give up the #2 and GET a second rounder.

Yeah, I think you entertain that option.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
You mean give up the #2 and GET a second rounder.

Yeah, I think you entertain that option.
I get the proposed trade and I think Snead would have to be asking for more than that for no.2 overall. The Skins haul probably doesn't happen but this kid would have to be Reggie White for me to make that move.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I get the proposed trade and I think Snead would have to be asking for more than that for no.2 overall. The Skins haul probably doesn't happen but this kid would have to be Reggie White for me to make that move.
I think he'd have to counter too. According to the trade proposal by that guy, the Titans are initiating it, so Snead can (and would) always ask for more. I'd do it in a heartbeat if they gave up their #11 overall instead.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
I think he'd have to counter too. According to the trade proposal by that guy, the Titans are initiating it, so Snead can (and would) always ask for more. I'd do it in a heartbeat if they gave up their #11 overall instead.
Seems to me this guy has some serious Titans colored glasses on. Depending who goes first this pick has impact for a few teams. Snead wouldn't give up that leverage unless he was a optimistic Titan fan.

Ramifications

I just got dumber reading that article! :LOL:

Couldn't help but think of the below scene. :) He is a really good young DT, but a way to think of it is where would he go if you put him in THIS draft. Unless he would go 1.3 overall, which is highly dubious if not borderline preposterous, just himself and a second is worth far less than the 1.2 overall. Hopefully Snead wouldn't be drinking coffee if he fielded a call like that, as he would barf out loud all over his computer and have to wait until he was done laughing to call back later.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Seems to me this guy has some serious Titans colored glasses on. Depending who goes first this pick has impact for a few teams. Snead wouldn't give up that leverage unless he was a optimistic Titan fan.
Sure he does. He's the writer for SBNation's Tennessee Titans website - Music City Miracles. Obviously the proposal has room for negotiation, and it's not even a probability anyway, but I'm just saying that Casey isn't the scrub people may think he is, and the Rams could benefit greatly from someone that young and that highly productive. What are the guarantees on any of the draft picks? I think the Rams drafted about 427 defensive tackles over the past couple of decades, and Brockers is the only one who's shown real promise.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Sure he does. He's the writer for SBNation's Tennessee Titans website - Music City Miracles. Obviously the proposal has room for negotiation, and it's not even a probability anyway, but I'm just saying that Casey isn't the scrub people may think he is, and the Rams could benefit greatly from someone that young and that highly productive. What are the guarantees on any of the draft picks? I think the Rams drafted about 427 defensive tackles over the past couple of decades, and Brockers is the only one who's shown real promise.
The Rams are getting 50 sacks a year now. Why does this guy think Horton can't use a good, young DT? Williams polished him up maybe he could do it again. Donald from Pitt comes to mind and you still keep no.2 pick.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rams are getting 50 sacks a year now. Why does this guy think Horton can't use a good, young DT? Williams polished him up maybe he could do it again. Donald from Pitt comes to mind and you still keep no.2 pick.
That's also another way of looking at it. I'm not arguing for or against an imaginary trade, mind you. I'm just trying to lend a little credibility to the author's article. The entire thread is littered with people scoffing at it. I just decided to entertain it a little and see if it has ANY merit. And I think it does.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
That's also another way of looking at it. I'm not arguing for or against an imaginary trade, mind you. I'm just trying to lend a little credibility to the author's article. The entire thread is littered with people scoffing at it. I just decided to entertain it a little and see if it has ANY merit. And I think it does.
You're putting up a fight for the guy, I'll give you that(better than he would have) but I think he went into this without weighing in mutual benefit of the trade.

tonyl711

Starter
still would want their #11 and their first next year, they can keep their second from this year, maybe, lol

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Probably does not belong here but........now this is funny!
Parts might be offensive to some.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I think I'd trade our #2 pick for Tennessee's DT Casey, their third rounder this year and their first rounder next year!!! Fearsome Foursome Part Deux! lol Plus we get a proven DT...

nighttrain

Legend
bluecollarram said: ↑

the Dude replied
'Sure he does. He's the writer for SBNation's Tennessee Titans website - Music City Miracles. Obviously the proposal has room for negotiation, and it's not even a probability anyway, but I'm just saying that Casey isn't the scrub people may think he is, and the Rams could benefit greatly from someone that young and that highly productive. What are the guarantees on any of the draft picks? I think the Rams drafted about 427 defensive tackles over the past couple of decades, and Brockers is the only one who's shown real promise."

Not sure how to use quotes, i'll have to figure it out, but X makes a great poinf about the draft. No sure things.
train

nighttrain

Legend
bluecollarram said: ↑

the Dude replied
'Sure he does. He's the writer for SBNation's Tennessee Titans website - Music City Miracles. Obviously the proposal has room for negotiation, and it's not even a probability anyway, but I'm just saying that Casey isn't the scrub people may think he is, and the Rams could benefit greatly from someone that young and that highly productive. What are the guarantees on any of the draft picks? I think the Rams drafted about 427 defensive tackles over the past couple of decades, and Brockers is the only one who's shown real promise."

Not sure how to use quotes, i'll have to figure it out, but X makes a great poinf about the draft. No sure things.
train

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
sorry about the double post. how do I delete them
train

Not sure you can, GM can though i believe.

As for replying with quotes. In the bottom right corner of their post, there should be a "like" "-quote" "reply" "inappropriate". Hit the reply button. to reply with their post quoted.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
"Fisher and Williams may see the next Albert Haynesworth in Jurrell Casey, and they may be willing to pay a premium for him."

Why does the mention of Haynesworth make me nervous?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"Fisher and Williams may see the next Albert Haynesworth in Jurrell Casey, and they may be willing to pay a premium for him."

Why does the mention of Haynesworth make me nervous?
Yeah, that was a bad comparison because it automatically brings the reader to the infamous head stomp in Tennessee and subsequent flame-out in Washington. Casey has that kind of talent, but his head is nowhere near as screwed up as Haynesworth's.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Totally forgot about the head stomp. It was his poor work ethic when he played for the Skins that first came to mind.