Ready for a laugh? Then read this joke...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-nfl-mock-draft-tennessee-titans-st-louis-220200356--nfl.html

2014 NFL Mock Draft: How the Tennessee Titans and St. Louis Rams Could Change the Draft

By Will Lomas February 7, 2014 5:02 PM

COMMENTARY | The Tennessee Titans are stuck in no-man's-land right now in terms of the NFL Draft. On one hand, they were not bad enough to be in the top-10 like the Jacksonville Jaguars or the Oakland Raiders. On the other hand, they weren't good enough to be in the 14-20 range where they would be considered "just one piece away" like the Chicago Bears or the Baltimore Ravens.

One way the Titans can push themselves out of the doldrums of mediocrity is to make a splashy move. General Manager Ruston Webster showed last year that he isn't afraid to make a trade to get one of the top guys on his board (Justin Hunter) if he can. So what splashy trade could the Titans make this year to push themselves into playoff conversations?

Tennessee Titans trade DT Jurrell Casey and the 2014 second round pick for the St. Louis Rams 2nd overall pick.

Why this makes sense for the Rams: The Rams have three outstanding pieces in their front four, and Jeff Fisher loves to set the tone with a strong defense and a good running game. Taking Clowney with the second overall pick would be a waste to a team that already has two All-Pro defensive ends, so what makes the most sense?

Well, here the Rams get their "elite" interior pass rusher to go with their bookend edge players, and their run stuffing defensive tackle.

Casey is still very cheap, and current Rams defensive coordinator, Gregg Williams, made him a 11-sack player last year. Fisher and Williams may see the next Albert Haynesworth in Jurrell Casey, and they may be willing to pay a premium for him.

Why this makes sense for the Titans: Jurrell Casey is great, but the Tennessee defense is getting an overhaul and his value may never be higher. If Horton thinks that the defense would be better served to move Casey now in order to build for the long-term then this move makes a ton of sense.

Notice that this does not say that the Titans will be giving up their 11th overall pick in the 2014 draft. That means that the Titans will have two picks in the top 11, giving them a lot of freedom to draft the best player available.

Who would the Titans draft: If this deal gets done, then there are three realistic ways this could go down.

1. Titans draft South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney and either UCLA DE/OLB Anthony Barr or Buffalo DE/OLB Khalil Mack

Clowney is an athletic freak that Ray Horton could coach into a matchup nightmare, while Mack and Barr both have massive potential. With this draft, the Titans could have their new bookend OLBs for the next decade.

2. Titans draft Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater and either Anthony Barr or Khalil Mack

Here the Titans get the best quarterback in the draft, and a player that could make a major impact on the defensive side of the ball. Behind the play of Teddy Bridgewater, Kendall Wright and Justin Hunter would have outstanding years and that surge could see the Titans repeat the success that the Kansas City Chiefs had last year.

3. Titans draft either Teddy Bridgewater or Jadeveon Clowney, and either Texas A&M OT Jake Matthews or Auburn OT Greg Robinson.

The Titans need a new right tackle, and with their second round pick gone they may want to pull the trigger here. In this scenario the Titans take Bridgewater or Clowney (whichever is available with the edge going to Clowney) and then the best available tackle. It is hard for me to believe that both of those tackles will be gone by 11, and if they are then the Titans can look at taking one of the pass rushers. However if the stars lined up, the Titans could get the best offensive and defensive lineman in the last few years. Mirroring how I said they should focus on the trenches here.

So yea, trade our #2 overall to the Titans for a DT and a 2nd rounder.....

Whenever I need a good laugh, I head over to Yahoo and check out some articles.

Nothing against Casey, he is a very good DT. But if Snead made this deal, I would probably start calling for his head.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol. Come on now. You can't be serious. If they offered #11 and Casey...they might stand a chance but I doubt it. Since the Rams could just draft Aaron Donald at Pick #13.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This is why when I go to nfl news at yahoo I don't read any articles by the yahoo contributor network.

iced

LMFAO

Give up the #2 overall pick for that guy? HAHAHAHA

The only player I'd give up a #2 pick for is Lesean Mccoy,Calvin Johnson, or AJ Green.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jurrell Casey is a VERY good interior defensive lineman and an excellent pass rusher. Plus he's only 24. That trade proposal isn't as ridiculous as many think. I think it makes a lot of sense. The Rams could package that extra 2nd rounder with their 1.13 and still move up to get whoever they want, basically. But I do agree with jrry that it should be their #11 instead of their 2nd rounder. Still a tasty proposal for me though. JMHO.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Jurrell Casey is a VERY good interior defensive lineman and an excellent pass rusher. Plus he's only 24. That trade proposal isn't as ridiculous as many think. I think it makes a lot of sense. The Rams could package that extra 2nd rounder with their 1.13 and still move up to get whoever they want, basically.
Is Casey worth whatever spot they trade up to? I think GW could develop another DT and keep the premium pick.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Is Casey worth whatever spot they trade up to? I think GW could develop another DT and keep the premium pick.
I'm not a Titans fan obviously, but I've heard his name quite often. He's right up there with Suh and Mebane in terms of rank, and 11 sacks is nothing to sneeze at from your DT. That's tied for most in the league last year. He's a little on the short side in comparison to the rest of our line, but he hovers around 300 lbs and is pretty powerful. I think he'd be a great fit, and you're not gambling on getting someone 'as good' in the draft.

Of course it's never going to happen, but if the Titans came at the Rams with that, they'd be stupid not to consider it or even try to work more out of them.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[parsehtml]
<meta itemprop="contentURL" content="http://prod.video.titans.clubs.nfl.com//TEN/videos/dct/video_audio/2014/01-January/CaseyRewind-650.mp4">
<nflcs:avplayer id="avplayer-extended" data-width="768" data-height="432" data-config="http://prod.static.titans.clubs.nfl.com/assets/vp/prod/config.json" data-contentid="137bb886-8e51-4dfd-b037-7e3beebca36e" data-autoplay="false" data-pr="3" data-offset="0" data-companion="true" data-channelkey="Exclusives" data-adtagsuffix="" data-playername="video_gal" data-chromeless=""><div id="yui_3_10_3_2_1391977593146_13" class="yui3-widget yui3-nfl-video" style="position: relative; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); height: 432px; width: 768px;"><div id="yui_3_10_3_2_1391977593146_29" class="yui3-nfl-video-content yui3-widget-content-expanded" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow: hidden; position: relative;"><object id="yuiswfyui_3_10_3_2_1391977593146_89" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://i.nflcdn.com/static/video/latest/js/nfl-video-swf/assets/player.swf?v=d89a7a4" width="100%" height="100%"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="wmode" value="opaque"><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"><param name="flashVars" value="yId=yui_3_10_3_2_1391977593146_1&amp;YUISwfId=yuiswfyui_3_10_3_2_1391977593146_89&amp;YUIBridgeCallback=SWF.eventHandler&amp;allowedDomain=www.titansonline.com&amp;adType=vast&amp;adSetting=25&amp;adRatio=2&amp;companionSize=970x700%2C0x0&amp;configURL=http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static.titans.clubs.nfl.com%2Fassets%2Fvp%2Fprod%2Fconfig.json&amp;playerName=video_gal_media-center&amp;contentId=137bb886-8e51-4dfd-b037-7e3beebca36e%26channelName%3DExclusives%26adTagSuffix%3D&amp;channelId=Exclusives&amp;showBranding=false&amp;autoplay=false"></object></div></div></nflcs:avplayer><div class="channel-carousel scrollable-container clearfix continuous">
<a class="prev"></a>
<div class="scrollable scroll-view">
<div class="items" style="left: -4998px;">
[/parsehtml]

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
I'm not a Titans fan obviously, but I've heard his name quite often. He's right up there with Suh and Mebane in terms of rank, and 11 sacks is nothing to sneeze at from your DT. That's tied for most in the league last year. He's a little on the short side in comparison to the rest of our line, but he hovers around 300 lbs and is pretty powerful. I think he'd be a great fit, and you're not gambling on getting someone 'as good' in the draft.

Of course it's never going to happen, but if the Titans came at the Rams with that, they'd be stupid not to consider it or even try to work more out of them.
I'm not saying the kid can't play, but do you give up no. 2 overall for him and a second rounder?