RB as a draft need?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Sports center and CBS Sports had RB listed as a position of need for the Rams. With Zac Stacy, Daryl Richardson, and Benny Cunningham (I can probably exclude Pead from the conversation), do the Rams not have all the run support required? Maybe we spend a late round pick on one but we only have so many early picks and I would deem FS, CB, OL, WR, QB, and possibly even LB or DL as the candidates to go in the first 5 rounds. Thoughts?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
At the very earliest 4th round for a RB. Thats only if someone falls. 5th-6th is ideal for a RB IMO. Stacy is our bell cow, the rest is just gravy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I consider it a need. Would like to see us add a HB that can catch the football, block, and handle being the #1 HB if Stacy goes down. Would use a 4th or 5th round pick on one.

Simba

Rookie
I am sure enough that we are going to draft a RB.Richardson for one reason or another, didn't show what we need and Cunningham is little bit to discover.I feel Pead as a former Rams player (I hope I wrong) and I reck on SneSher would like repeat the last year's operation.Obviously with a SEC player ...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What Jrry said. We need a RB with hands AND some speed.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If we had a extra 2nd i would draft Hyde in a heartbeat. Total beast.
We have only two legit backs now, Zac and Bennie so we need one more. Running teams need lots of horses.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I think we should take a RB this year, RB's are not in the limelight and you can get a good one later than usual. I like Benny but need to see more he will probably be a guy you keep for depth that can perform when needed. Richardson is a situational guy that didn't look good last year. Pead still has not shown much and Stacy as good as he looked with his tough running style is only in his second year, after year 1some thought Richardson was ready to replace SJ. I am optimistic about Stacy but he needs a good sophomore season not to mention he looks like he is on the cusp of IR way too often. Good RB's 10+ of them this year can be found rounds 2-5

Last edited:

jap

Legend
I think we should take a RB this year, RB's are not in the limelight and you can get a good one later than usual. I like Benny but need to see more he will probably be a guy you keep for depth that can perform when needed. Richardson is a situational guy that didn't look good last year. Pead still has not shown much and Stacy as good as he looked with his tough running style is only in his second year. After year 1 we all thought Richardson was ready to replace SJ. I am optimistic about Stacy but he needs a good sophomore season not to mention he looks like he is on the cusp of IR way too often. Good RB's 10+ of them this year can be found rounds 2-5

Save the "we all" stuff for others who thought like you did. I never for an instance saw DRich as a true feature back.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I like the kid from FSU (his name escapes me) but he can do it all. And maybe most importantly ... he can pass protect. Probably the best in the draft at that.

ausmurp

Starter
Guys please think unbiased. We have 1 legit HB in Stacy. Cunningham is unproven and was very injury prone in college. Richardson has NO vision. And every team needs 2. We will draft one that is a guarantee.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Yes! I like Stacy, but he's not going over 20 carries a game. And so far we haven't seen any consistency from anyone else in our backfield. Plus, and I like Richardson, we can't have a RB that can't pass block. We can't have Bradford getting hit like that anymore!!!!

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I don't think it'll be bad to catch someone later on that drops. How about if Zach gets hurt again? I don't really trust the rest of the crop much..

iced

i don't understand how drich is more of a lock to make the roster than pead, considering Pead took his position after week 12 or 13 last year. Wasn't on the injury report and was still inactive

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
i don't understand how drich is more of a lock to make the roster than pead, considering Pead took his position after week 12 or 13 last year. Wasn't on the injury report and was still inactive
maybe Shotty got upset he didn't mow over people running up the middle lol

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I like a lot of the Pac 12 RB's coming out(Grice,Carey,Sankey), as well as Seastrunk and Sims, Hyde. I think this is a nice RB class actually, despite the position losing value at the top of the draft. Jeremy Hill is a real boom or bust guy IMO.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I like a lot of the Pac 12 RB's coming out(Grice,Carey,Sankey), as well as Seastrunk and Sims, Hyde. I think this is a nice RB class actually, despite the position losing value at the top of the draft. Jeremy Hill is a real boom or bust guy IMO.
That is what I was attempting to say Mojo, The class as a whole is undervalued and we don't have anybody that has put together back to back quality seasons. Hopefully ZC can follow up last year with a good year but with the quality verse value that looks to be available in this draft I would grab someone between rounds 2-4

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That is what I was attempting to say Mojo, The class as a whole is undervalued and we don't have anybody that has put together back to back quality seasons. Hopefully ZC can follow up last year with a good year but with the quality verse value that looks to be available in this draft I would grab someone between rounds 2-4
We can definitely find some help in the middle rds. I'm not sold on Stacy's durability, Benny's ball security, DRichs finding the hole, or Pead finding out he's a pro.