Ranking the 10 Best Free Agent O-Linemen/PFF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Do any of the FA guards have experience at center?
Ok bubba here you go.... Brandon Fusco, Manuel Ramirez & Tim Lelito. Kromer if interested could bring in one or two of this OL'ers to LA for a try out. Ramirez is well seasoned & headed into retirement but may have one more season in him. Ramirez was best known for his centering in SB XLVIII when his snap to Peyton went over his head & gave Seattle 2 pts safety & the Seahawks went on to win the game 43-8.

Last edited:

A55VA6

Legend
7-time Pro Bowl Center Nick Mangold was released by the Jets. 33 years old.

Too risky, or still think he's got good football left?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
7-time Pro Bowl Center Nick Mangold was released by the Jets. 33 years old.

Too risky, or still think he's got good football left?
Draft Toth....and put Nick in there for half a season or so....
He's the guy with the sister that went to the Olympics....right?
Risky yes...but could be a cheap upgrade.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Draft Toth....and put Nick in there for half a season or so....
He's the guy with the sister that went to the Olympics....right?
Risky yes...but could be a cheap upgrade.
Think I'd prefer Wiz to Mangold.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Think I'd prefer Wiz to Mangold.
On age...and just the injury risk of older players, I kinda agree. I think Nick is a better player tho. Not sure why Wiz moves around so much...Haven't watched him as much since he left the Raiders...but he was a very average player then. Nick has several solid seasons....think he'd be good for us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On age...and just the injury risk of older players, I kinda agree. I think Nick is a better player tho. Not sure why Wiz moves around so much...Haven't watched him as much since he left the Raiders...but he was a very average player then. Nick has several solid seasons....think he'd be good for us.
LOL looks like Tim Barnes' great protector is back to disagree with anybody who says we need a new center. Never participates except with that button :D

As for Mangold vs Wiz I don't think either is a perfect option but Mangold to me has more red flags than Wiz. Just a preference.

Edit: I'm very chill you just crack me up with your lurking disagreement button :D

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Sorry @woofwoofmo I don't think Barnes is a particularly good center. If you want to come and convince me, I'll be happy to listen. Pressing "different opinion" on everyone without speaking up is not going to change anybody's minds on that.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Just saw his news
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...m6nwqyq?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Unless blown away by a massive contract offer from Bengals management, something he's unlikely to receive, Andrew Whitworth is poised to at least dip his toe into the free-agent waters..........“At this point in my career it’s about the challenge, the excitement of trying to win that Super Bowl. I want to make sure wherever it is, and hopefully it’s in Cincinnati, that team is prepared to try and fight for that trophy.”

Based off his own words you will not see Whitworth in RamHorns. Snead/McVay/Kromer stands to not be able to come up with a valid UFA to resolve the largest issue/problem on our 2017 OL(that will sure get the very large "Bash Tim Barnes Action Committee" throwing their home furniture around & foaming at the mouth). If may be better here in 2017 to just go out & address the closest post to the LT & suck it up & sign the best UFA Left OG available. Making the LG post strong could help whomever our starter is @ LT ....may be the best we can do right now.

I might also consider signing a low cost ex Jet starting UFA LT Ben Ijalana (6-4/335) who was a starter @ LT for the Jets last season. I would plan to try to convert him to the interior OG & have him around just in case as a emergency LT. Ben Ijalana did rate much higher than GRob in 2016. Since most members think GRob will be miraculously healed by Kromer magic touch then Kromer may save some of that touch for Ben Ijalana.
http://www.nfl.com/player/benijalana/2495174/combine
Well that figures because I could see him at LT and moving GR to G to play and learn beside him for a couple of seasons.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed, at least post 1x in the thread to voice your opinion.....

I'm intrigued by Mangold, have a feeling he's going to command big $$ though.