Rams won’t need a premium pick to draft their next franchise QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I guess it depends on what’s happening with Dallas and Dak.

Jerry doesn’t want to pay Dak $50M, but he’ll get close to that on the open market if they let it get to that.
If Stafford were to retire in a yr or two, I could see Dak in LA with the Rams. Not that I endorse that, but that's the other option. McVay rehabilitating a former fading star QB.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
no need to draft. smart qbs who want to win and match well with personality/skills will seek out joining mcvay after going through a painful rookie contract or will simply request a trade. herbert next.
I have to say that this may be one of the best posts I’ve read in a long time.

i believe that when Stafford retires, the Rams with McVay would be the place to go for a QB willing to take less for a SB or a next contract.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trevor Lawrence is an interesting case.
He's signed thru 2025 and has been a bit underwhelming.
If the Jags crap the bed in '24, they could turn the page on him. Like Tua, could be moot if he signs an extension

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Too early to tell but it's an interesting look at it.

I think it's possible the Rams grab a QB but doubt they move up to do it. McVay with his grown men quotes makes me think he will either wait for one to fall to us that strikes him as more mature or we go after a veteran in '26.

Or, if Stafford decides to retire, they can trade with Atlanta for Cousins since they already have his replacement in place.
Noooooo! Please Lord NOOOOOOO! Cousins has a way of putting up great numbers in meaningless games and times. I have NEVER viewed him as a franchise QB that could lead a team to a SB and win it.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
We have 3 # 1 overall picks at quarterback in recent memory..
So I bet we trade up at some point. These guys have proven they are not afraid to do just that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We have 3 # 1 overall picks at quarterback in recent memory..
So I bet we trade up at some point. These guys have proven they are not afraid to do just that.
True. Guess we'll see. It just doesn't seem likely with McVay at the helm. It wouldn't break my heart but I'd be nervous as hell if they did depending on what we gave up to get there.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Noooooo! Please Lord NOOOOOOO! Cousins has a way of putting up great numbers in meaningless games and times. I have NEVER viewed him as a franchise QB that could lead a team to a SB and win it.
You could have swapped Stafford's name in that statement 5 years ago....... Jes sayin.

And no, I am not saying KC is as talented as Stafford, but he ain't Jameis Winston either. Also, he knows Mcvay's system.....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You could have swapped Stafford's name in that statement 5 years ago....... Jes sayin.

And no, I am not saying KC is as talented as Stafford, but he ain't Jameis Winston either. Also, he knows Mcvay's system.....
I was ecstatic when we got Stafford but Cousins never struck me as being anywhere near the QB as Matty Ice.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was ecstatic when we got Stafford but Cousins never struck me as being anywhere near the QB as Matty Ice.
Well - Detroit sure LOVES Jared Goff.

Chanting Jared Goff, Jared Goff,Jared Goff!!!

The main thing for The Rams in 2024 is there O’Line Front.Getting Johan Jackson is going to elevate Stafford even more IMO.He is the better player,but he came at a big cost.He won a Super Bowl & this season could even pay dividends.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
McVay with his grown men quotes makes me think he will either wait for one to fall to us that strikes him as more mature or we go after a veteran in '26
I wouldn’t be surprised if he made a run at Cousins.
That’s if Stafford only plays 2 more years.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
If Stafford were to retire in a yr or two, I could see Dak in LA with the Rams. Not that I endorse that, but that's the other option. McVay rehabilitating a former fading star QB.
That has got to be the worst idea I have ever heard.
Dak-Rams !!!!!
No,NO and NO FUCKING NO !!!!!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Isn’t next season a bad year for QBs?

Seems so, but one never knows. There have been projected draft classes that looked super strong (the catch phrase to watch for is 1983 draft) only for it to suck and vice versa

Next year could potentially be really strong if the top 10QBs continue to iimprove or it could be a year where maybe 2 QBs go in the 1st round and they’re more like need picks than potential franchise QBs

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It will be hard to draft a future QB , picking 32nd in next year’s draft .

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cousins? He's virtually the same age as Stafford, with both entering their age 36 season.