Rams Will Resign Dunbar

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I try to be positive about all players but you are only as strong as your weakest link especially on defense. We've had two guys who continuously have been burned badly every time the opposing offense needs a play they know exactly where to go. One down one to go. It is especially obvious when you are there and can see the whole field. Now lets see what our safety situation looks like now. TJ was the the most dynamic player on defense by far when he got hurt. I know everybody wants to blame DC but theres a whole lot more to th failure of this defense than that. If the DC was the problem it would be an easy fix and be done by now.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'm glad we're bringing Dunbar back and love his intensity and attitude on the field, but realistically how much is the addition of one player going to help?

When I've watched our games it seems that so much more is missing on D than just an OLB. Perhaps he allows Walton to scheme differently, I don't know how much though. We have allegedly been "protecting our young safeties". Is that not going to still be the case? I think the loss of McDonald weakens that position, so how much scheme change can we expect?

Excited to see JoLon play, I just hope his teammates bring a little more fire as well.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ramrocket said:
So, who do we cut to bring him back?

I want him back but not sure who we cut ( unless Walton counts against the 53) :)

We don't have to cut anyone. TJ McDonald will be on IR so that frees up a roster spot for now. We may need to bring in another Safety at some point but probably not this week.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Dunbar fan here.

Hope he stays clean and kicks some ass.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ramhusker said:
TJ McDonald will be on IR so that frees up a roster spot for now. We may need to bring in another Safety at some point but probably not this week.

That roster spot has already been filled by promoting Cody Davis from the PS. If Dunbar comes back the Rams will have to release a player most likely one of the dozen offensive linemen like Brandon Washington.

A55VA6

Legend
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JolonnDunbar/status/384834271233728512[/tweet]

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I like having this guy back. I hope he can return to form minus the enhancers. We could really use his nastiness.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
BigRamFan said:
I'm glad we're bringing Dunbar back and love his intensity and attitude on the field, but realistically how much is the addition of one player going to help?
Dunbar brought an intensity that the entire defense seemed to thrive on. He always seemed to come up with the big hit when we needed it. I think he is EXACTLY what this defense needs right now.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
brokeu91 said:
BigRamFan said:
Dunbar brought an intensity that the entire defense seemed to thrive on. He always seemed to come up with the big hit when we needed it. I think he is EXACTLY what this defense needs right now.

I hope you're right! I REALLY like the fact that he's coming back. It's just that after watching, and re-watching, the last too games I continue to come away scratching my head thinking where did our D go?

bluecoconuts

Legend
UKRam74 said:
Is there any more news, has he signed yet? Does he / can he play Sunday?

He's in St Louis taking his physical and will be signed afterwards assuming he passes. I would guess that he does pass, and I'm going to say he plays on Sunday and probably starts.

RamEERS

Pastor
Calling it here... He will be active... But not starting.... Fisher is not the kind of guy to give someone a starting job, no matter how bad the current starter is..

UKRam74

UDFA
Ok cool, starts or not having his presence back in the locker room is surely a good thing?

bluecoconuts

Legend
UKRam74 said:
Ok cool, starts or not having his presence back in the locker room is surely a good thing?

If he brings that fire and passion yeah he'll be great for the team.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well, OK. He certainly pissed off the stache and I'm pretty sure won't start, but who knows. Maybe he'll help the run D.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Angry Ram said:
Well, OK. He certainly pissed off the stache and I'm pretty sure won't start, but who knows. Maybe he'll help the run D.
You ever think his release was to make room during suspension since he couldn't see or talk to anyone team related work out or practice?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Rabid Ram said:
Angry Ram said:
You ever think his release was to make room during suspension since he couldn't see or talk to anyone team related work out or practice?

No I think he legit pissed of Jeff Fisher. They did sign Will Witherspoon right before the news broke.