Rams weigh 5 trading partners for WR Brandin Cooks - Revisited from 2017 trade rumor TO the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PaRam24

UDFA
IMG_0657.PNG
So I saw this on Facebook this morning, not sure how to post a link so I just screenshoted it so I could throw it on here...don't know how interested the team really is, but I was curious as to what your fellows opinion would be on this...what would be the coast, and what role would he play with Tavon already being here.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
but I was curious as to what your fellows opinion would be on this...what would be the coast, and what role would he play with Tavon already being here.
Great move...Cooks is a real wr....He's been one since college. And has fantastic hands...This basically says to me....one year for you Tavon...then, if you are what many think you are, he'll be off this team...
If Austin produces, we can have two very elusive receivers going forward...Sets us up to add a nice matchup nightmare TE in the draft...not a damn wr!!!!

Ram65

Legend
All day long discussions on BC here on Phila. sports radio.

Sal Pal was on yesterday and made great points not to trade for him (Eagles) but applies for the Rams. They are talking first round pick so Rams give up 2nd round pick makes it a little better.

BC does play as well on grass.
He has Drew B throwing to him.
The NFC south plays no defense.
Loose a pick and have to pay him.
Does go over the middle.
Not a lot of catches.

It's interesting and the Rams can use a guy to take the top off and pair with Tavon. Money and draft pick are a high price.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
New Orleans has already reportedly turned down the Patriots' 1st-rounder (#32) and the Titans' 1st-rounder (#18). The Rams do not have a 1st rounder, and the cost, unless they're moving someone who is under control for a couple more years back (Ogletree?) to even get to the level of what NO has rejected would seem astronomical.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion to Cooks once again I can get behind that.. lol in all seriousness though I wouldn't make the trade

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As stated above, if they turned down 18th overall for him then I can't imagine what it would cost to get the saints to even listen

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
TruJo for Cooks. I'd do it.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The Saints are interested in Tru. I say it will be a straight up trade between them. Helps both teams.

Ram65

Legend
Great move...Cooks is a real wr....He's been one since college. And has fantastic hands...This basically says to me....one year for you Tavon...then, if you are what many think you are, he'll be off this team...
If Austin produces, we can have two very elusive receivers going forward...Sets us up to add a nice matchup nightmare TE in the draft...not a damn wr!!!!

Interesting way to look at it. I like the TE idea I'm not sure Cooks is going to stop the Rams from getting another WR though. Word today on the radio is the Saints are looking for a pass rusher. If they take TruJo that would be cool.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Saints need interior OL, DE and MLB, and are seeking a round one pick. Doesn't add up for us unfortunately, which is too bad, because Cooks would be a great addition.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm pretty sure they're trying to trade Cooks because of cap problems - TruJo likely doesn't help with that.

Cooks for Ogletree though - both on their last years...I wouldn't say no

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
TruJo for Cooks. I'd do it.

So would I. But the Saints probably wouldn't.

What I do wonder is whether the Rams would dangle Quinn to them plus picks. Quinn probably doesn't have great value any longer, but a lot of DEs hang around and are effective in their 30s nowadays and the Saints do have a need there.

EDIT: Quinn comes with $10M cap hit this year yikes. Nevermind lol.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Love the talent this kid has, but I am hearing he is complaining about not getting the ball enough.

That being said, I have concerns that a team like NO would entertain trading him. Brees is 38, is now really the time to start taking weapons away from him?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Aren't the Saints in cap hell at the moment? Not sure taking on Tru's $16.7m tag figure or a negotiated long term deal would necessarily help them.

HellRam

Starter
Love the talent this kid has, but I am hearing he is complaining about not getting the ball enough.

That being said, I have concerns that a team like NO would entertain trading him. Brees is 38, is now really the time to start taking weapons away from him?

I'd also say it has some to do with how well Micheal Thomas played last season as a rookie, and Willie Snead as well. They got options on offense. If they are not gonna utilize Cooks to his full ability, maybe they see it fit to get something for him.

Personally I'd love it if the Rams could come away with Cooks. Been a fan of him since his OSU day's. He's a legit weapon.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Is he a legit weapon? Or is he a product of having a HOF QB? I've seen this story before. Teams loves a WR on team with a HOF QB, team then acquires said WR and he doesn't perform to his contract, HC/GM get fired.

Careful what you guys wish for. You want a good WR, go get one that produces without the HOF QB throwing him the ball.