Rams vs Seattle 2014 Matchup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
After viewing the 2013 Rams-Seattle games it is very apparent a few things:

A) The Rams defense can contain Seattle and hold them to 13-17 points. Part of the reason is:
a) Rams had no fear of their WRs. Man coverage reduced them to not much (well, mostly)
b) Rams D line dominates their well coached, but semi-deficient O line. Seattle's Lynch had 2.9 and 4.2
in those games...not enough to scare anybody

By the end of the game in Seattle with the Rams offense sucking bad and soooo many penalties, the defense couldn't hold up anymore. The Rams D matched up favorably in BOTH games against Seattle.

B) The Rams offense had a few chances in these games, and Kelly Clemens couldn't throw accurately. In the 2nd game they were missing so many starters on the O line that it was a joke.

I believe the Rams match up better with Seattle than they do with SF. The Rams aren't afraid of Seattle's running game, and Wilson in the pocket isn't doing that much past 12 yards down the field.
2014:
How they win:

The Rams offense needs to put up 13 points, and probably get 3-10 from their defense, and/or kick a few long FGs. In division games their are some surprises brought on by the rivalry itself....we need that.
In 2012, in Seattle, Bradford was 25-42 for 252 yards (6.0 avg) which really is a lot better than most.
In 2012, in St Louis, He was 16-30 2221 yards (7.4 avg) with 1 interception; again a lot better than most
If he is a notch better, and with a few big plays (Tavon?) I think they can win in seattle.

This year I see beating Seattle once/twice. The hardest thing is for the Rams is that they play Seattle
6 days after playing SF. So, they might have to beat them in Seattle. And, I think they can do that.

Of course, having a top 5 offensive line is part of this plan....health permitting, that is a good possibility.

Everybody ending their boredom? Give us some camp reports! Thanks