Rams under 8 wins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
How does the location of the city is matter when it comes to winning?
What about Green Bay???
San Diego hasn't won shit ever
WEEEEAAAAAKKKKKKK

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Sounds about right to me

7-9

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If they finish under 8 wins we need to clean house.

But I don't see that happening. 10+ wins on the back of a stifling defense and solid offense.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they finish under 8 wins we need to clean house.

But I don't see that happening. 10+ wins on the back of a stifling defense and solid offense.
I don't see it happening either...

Even if they end up under .500, I think Fisher and Demoff stay.

Especially, if a relocation is decided.

Personally, if they end up under .500 again, I will be very upset... but - as always - there will be nothing I can do about it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah cleaning house is too strong a term. Demoff would definitely stay. To be honest I'd consider keeping Snead too since his drafts and trades have been very good.

But you know, the funny thing is I see relocation as more of a reason to fire Fish if he doesn't win in that 4th season. Would you really want to roll into the LA market as a losing team with a coach in his 5th season having sucked for 4 in a row? I see that as bad business and I would think Kroenke knows better. SoCal fans can go apathetic quick, they're not gonna flock to his new stadium to watch that BS. In that scenario he would need to bring in a big name or someone to offer hope in order to sell the region on the team. It would be a catastrophe for his plan if the Rams lose this season IMO.

Fish's expertise on going through a move only matters in the event he actually shows he can win games. Without that, all of a sudden it doesn't really matter. I love the guy. I believe he's gonna win this year. But if not... Sorry brother no hard feelings but I gotta go another direction.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah cleaning house is too strong a term. Demoff would definitely stay. To be honest I'd consider keeping Snead too since his drafts and trades have been very good.

But you know, the funny thing is I see relocation as more of a reason to fire Fish if he doesn't win in that 4th season. Would you really want to roll into the LA market as a losing team with a coach in his 5th season having sucked for 4 in a row? I see that as bad business and I would think Kroenke knows better. SoCal fans can go apathetic quick, they're not gonna flock to his new stadium to watch that BS. In that scenario he would need to bring in a big name or someone to offer hope in order to sell the region on the team. It would be a catastrophe for his plan if the Rams lose this season IMO.

Fish's expertise on going through a move only matters in the event he actually shows he can win games. Without that, all of a sudden it doesn't really matter. I love the guy. I believe he's gonna win this year. But if not... Sorry brother no hard feelings but I gotta go another direction.
Well said brotha

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I live in Vegas (what was your first clue?), and listen to local sports radio all day, a lot of which includes sports betting. (Duh).
Teddy Covers and Steve Fezzick are VERY sharp bettors, and actually, as much as I hate it, their analysis, (as objective outsiders), was pretty right on.
As far as Fisher, and i like him a lot, I'm sixes. Move or no move, I think this is, and should be, his make or break year. 9 wins or adios.
He inherited a dumpster fire, hasn't had a QB, and finally has a DC two years in a row, but his philosophy can be questioned.
Basically, as Foles goes, so goes Fisher. Would definitely keep Snead and Demoff though. I will say if he's gone, whoever replaces him will inherit one hell of a team - that HE built.

MrMotes

Starter
I like Steve Fezzik a lot too, though he's gone from anti-tout to pretty much tout.

The Rams haven't gone over 8 wins since 2003, seems like that number will come down a bit...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I live in Vegas (what was your first clue?), and listen to local sports radio all day, a lot of which includes sports betting. (Duh).
Teddy Covers and Steve Fezzick are VERY sharp bettors, and actually, as much as I hate it, their analysis, (as objective outsiders), was pretty right on.
As far as Fisher, and i like him a lot, I'm sixes. Move or no move, I think this is, and should be, his make or break year. 9 wins or adios.
He inherited a dumpster fire, hasn't had a QB, and finally has a DC two years in a row, but his philosophy can be questioned.
Basically, as Foles goes, so goes Fisher. Would definitely keep Snead and Demoff though. I will say if he's gone, whoever replaces him will inherit one hell of a team - that HE built.
Question... why would Snead get a free pass?

If they don't do well this year, it would likey be one of two things, no?

1] Bad drafting/free agency acquisitions/roster depth
2] Bad coaching

Not sure how you would be able to figure out which one was more responsible.

Demoff should stay IMO... he is a good capologist and has earned a stay just for being Kroenke's mouthpiece through all fo this move stuff. :cool:

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA

2] Bad coaching

Demoff should stay IMO... he is a good capologist and has earned a stay just for being Kroenke's mouthpiece through all fo this move stuff. :cool:

Not saying it is right, but generally a GM survives the first coach. That said assuming SK brings in a big name they may want their own GM in so Snead could see the door. KD would in all likelyhood survive this round of coaching change...based on NFL historical standards....but each team is different...

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

2] Bad coaching

Just my opinion. Don't think you can point to the roster as a reason for lack of success. Hate to keep saying this, but this team went through a TOTAL rebuild, and (in 3 years) is in pretty good shape talent wise. Again, I like JF, but just feel he may be a tad conservative for today's NFL. And I don't want him gone - it just wouldn't bother me that much. That said, I'd much prefer continuity, especially if he has the same QB 2 years in a row.

A55VA6

Legend
Anything less than 8 this year is a failure. It's time for this team to make a leap. No excuses. NONE.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would give Snead a pass because Fisher basically hand picked him, not the other way around like it usually is done.
They've certainly brought in a fair share of new talent, be it drafted players, free agents and trades. The results have been remarkably similar so I could see letting Snead bring in "his guy"
Of course I'm not advocating that anyone lose their job as I think they'll win 9 or more games and it will be moot

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I'm taking the over. I think we'll win exactly 8, but I'm more confident in 9 than 7.