Rams sign S Matt Giordano

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
He's pretty good on the punt and kick coverage units. I'm thinking they're looking for some ST guys now, that's with all the safety/linebacker visits - your depth at those two can be your best special teams guys.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PrometheusFaulk said:
He's pretty good on the punt and kick coverage units. I'm thinking they're looking for some ST guys now, that's with all the safety/linebacker visits - your depth at those two can be your best special teams guys.
Yeah, I think so too. These signings and FA visits serve a few purposes.
Emergency depth, veteran leadership and special teams experience.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He actually holds onto the ball. I like what I see. Maybe there is a burn video where he is totally lost, but these make him look pretty good.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
albefree69 said:
Ramhusker added:
Dissing the Offense????? You got me on that one Albe. I have no idea what you mean.

I was joking about your assertion that the offense can't screw your team up just as much as the defense can.

QB/RB/WR fumble run back for the score. Too many other examples to even mention. I think it's pretty even between the two of them but I understand your point of view.

Either way, I hope safety isn't going to be a trouble spot throughout the year.

Safety concerns me big time and I think we would of signed a proven starter in FA if it were not for the cap situation. It appears to be a glaring hole in our D before we see if Stewart can stay healthy and if McDonald is up to the task in the NFL. Things could be fine and the rest of the D may be able to mask any perceived weakness at the position. Giordano may be perfect but I admittedly don't have a clue about the guy's skill set. If our O can light it up, it may be a mute point in the regular season. Let's hope for that!!!!

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Ramhusker voicing the same concerns as me:
Safety concerns me big time and I think we would of signed a proven starter in FA if it were not for the cap situation. It appears to be a glaring hole in our D before we see if Stewart can stay healthy and if McDonald is up to the task in the NFL. Things could be fine and the rest of the D may be able to mask any perceived weakness at the position. Giordano may be perfect but I admittedly don't have a clue about the guy's skill set. If our O can light it up, it may be a mute point in the regular season. Let's hope for that!!!!
You and me both on all counts. Although I'm feeling pretty confident in saying that Giordano isn't the answer. :lol: