Rams sign OT Cornelius Lucas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting signing, I don't recall the names but was he one of the two OT we brought in last week?

…..

Legend
Jefferson a DT I thought. Hadn't heard his name mentioned since the day he was brought in

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
RotoWorld :

Rams signed OT Cornelius Lucas.

Lucas was briefly in the running to be the Lions' fill-in left tackle this summer before getting waived. A 2014 UDFA, he's made 35 career appearances, including six starts.

Sep 12 - 4:55 PM

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I actually had Cornelius Lucas in a mock draft in the past. He's a big guy at 6'9", 330 lbs., but he's very nimble. Good backup left tackle.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Hmmm, ... If Lucas sticks at reserve LT, and since D.Williams was moved from back-up LT to back-up RT on the depth chart last week, makes me wonder if Williams has a legitimate shot at either competing for the RT job, or at least increasing potential RT snaps.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Eldrenkamp didn't last long. Beaten out by Blythe?

Eldrencamp didn't make the original 53, but did get picked up for the practice squad, ... until yesterday. He was dropped from the PS and we now have only 9 listed on the chart.

jjab360

Legend
Hmmm, ... If Lucas sticks at reserve LT, and since D.Williams was moved from back-up LT to back-up RT on the depth chart last week, makes me wonder if Williams has a legitimate shot at either competing for the RT job, or at least increasing potential RT snaps.
Not following the logic here. Williams is barely on the roster right now and another OT signing isn't helping that, not sure how that would lead to anyone thinking he's competing for a starting job..

Havenstein was solid all preseason outside of one Bosa play and was solid Sunday as well, in pass protection at least. I think he's learning a lot from Whitworth and is exactly the type of big body Kromer likes for his scheme, Williams is a bit on the smaller side. Performance playing through injury last year aside, Hav's a solid player and I could see him starting for a long time. I always do a double take at the amount of flak he gets on this forum.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think we struck gold with this pickup!
IMG_1698.GIF

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/12/rams-make-roster-moves-open-spot-for-aaron-donald/

Rams make roster moves, open spot for Aaron Donald
Posted by Josh Alper on September 12, 2017

453362640-e1505250653451.jpg

Getty Images

The Rams dropped two players from the roster on Tuesday and added one, which leaves an open roster spot heading into this weekend’s game against Washington.

Given their desire to get defensive lineman Aaron Donald back into the lineup after he reported to the team last weekend and the position that one of the departed players plays, it’s a pretty good bet that he’s ticketed for that space on the roster. The Rams currently have a roster exemption for Donald that expires on September 18.

The Rams waived defensive lineman Quinton Jefferson and offensive lineman J.J. Dielman, both of whom were claimed off of waivers a day after they were waived during the cut to 53 players. Jefferson was a fifth-round pick of the Seahawks in 2016 while Dielman was a fifth-round pick of the Bengals this year. Both of them were inactive for last weekend’s victory over the Colts.

Former Lions tackle Cornelius Lucas was signed in what looks like the corresponding move for Dielman. With Jefferson gone, it seems Donald’s addition to the active roster won’t be far behind.

fearsomefour

Legend
General depth.
Can't have enough O line depth.
Could push at RT too.
Swing T to me.
Has played LT fits better at RT to me.
Has experience.
I like this signing.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Now if they can get Diehlman on the PS that is a major coup for stashing a nice C/G 5th rounder. The farther away we get from the Fisher era, it looks like Snead and the scouting department are making quality moves.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I like that McVay and Co. are still making moves to try to upgrade this team in any way possible even though season has begun.

This is not bashing on Fisher, but I prefer McVays "always try and improve the roster" approach more than Fishers "we have our 53, we're set for the season" approach. Just two different ways to go about it and one I like more.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep filtering through the OL until you find a keeper. Give them credit for the effort.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So we have an opening on the Practice Squad with the center Eldrenkamp's release. One would surmise that one of the 2 players released off the MR (J.J.Dielman/Quinton Jefferson) will be signed to the PS???. Since it was an OL'er cut that Dielman may be the target.

So our new five reserve OL'ers (making 10 )now would be:

#1-Austin Blythe OC/OG 2nd yr
#2-Darrell Williams OT 3rd yr
#3-Andrew Donnal OT/OG 3yr.
#4-Aaron Neary OC/OG 1st yr
#5-Cornelius Lucas OT 4th yr
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/luke-lucas?id=2543595

Last edited: