Rams sign Mason Crosby

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
And Matt Gay hit 86% of his field goals in college and set all sorts of records at Utah. Havrisik's college stats are terrible.

Matt Gay had a shaky rookie season after a stellar college career. Havrisik is having a shaky rookie season after a shaky college career.

Just sayin

I know. You’ve made the point.

I’m not arguing it’s GOING to happen… Im simply saying I get why they’re taking their time with this decision.

It’s about next season more than this season, imo.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I'd honestly dress both... not sure if I've seen it before but I think it would be warranted.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I know. You’ve made the point.

I’m not arguing it’s GOING to happen… Im simply saying I get why they’re taking their time with this decision.

It’s about next season more than this season, imo.
It's all good, we're all hoping for the same thing. I just thought some posters might be interested in seeing Gay's college stats for sake of comparison.

oldnotdead

Legend
I'd honestly dress both... not sure if I've seen it before but I think it would be warranted.

I totally agree. The Rams will need every point. Under 50 yds go with Crosby. Over 50 yds then use the kid. But Evans has the leg and hs PK in college. Get him practicing from 55 yds. If he is 50%+ then use him. Use Crosby under 50.

dang

Legend
FWIW never cared for Neil Young just didn’t like his voice.
Pretty vocals aren’t what Young’s about. His vocals are there to add emotional depth to his guitar playing. His songs are more about exquisite riffing on the acoustic guitar (Needle and the Damage Done) or cross fire hurricane thrashing on an electric guitar (Hey Hey My My). IMO one of the most underrated rock guitar players.

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't know if they *can* fix it.. but, the upside, if they're right, is significant. A cheap, big leg for next season.
Might as well let Evans pull double duty in that case. He has plenty of leg and his accuracy can't be much worse, haha.

Added bonus: It frees up a roster spot!

Of course I am only kidding...

Kind of

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Pretty vocals aren’t what Young’s about. His vocals are there to add emotional depth to his guitar playing. His songs are more about exquisite riffing on the acoustic guitar (Needle and the Damage Done) or cross fire hurricane thrashing on an electric guitar (Hey Hey My My). IMO one of the most underrated rock guitar players.
Agreed there, but I am a Clapton guy myself, but I will never forget Clapton's quote after he heard the great Jimmy Hendrix play. "We should all be selling shoes."

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
His voice, lyrics (Southern Man, Ohio, Old Man, etc.), and that unmistakably unique lead guitar style (which kind of sounded like his singing voice) were all about authenticity to me; just zero bs.

Back ot: I take it Crosby wasn't in the game shape they expected him to be in?

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Just let Ethan Evans fucking kick!

What, is he gonna get hurt kicking field goals? Dude squats like 800 pounds. I guarantee he has field goal kicking experience

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Sounds like Crosby won't be activated this week. Maybe they don't think he's quite up to speed? Or what Jourdan said about the not using up the practice squad call up limit.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Just let Ethan Evans fucking kick!

What, is he gonna get hurt kicking field goals? Dude squats like 800 pounds. I guarantee he has field goal kicking experience
Who is going to be the holder?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Why Sean, why do you say one thing & do the exact opposite
Lol, he got me too. I did not expect Crosby to be activated this week. I wonder if it has anything to do with his experience kicking in bad weather?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Lol, he got me too. I did not expect Crosby to be activated this week. I wonder if it has anything to do with his experience kicking in bad weather?
Could be that Mason was better than Lance in practice than McVay expected.
Well, his name is Lucas, but maybe just maybe, Crosby made all of his FG's and McVay has forgotten what that has looked like.
1702149937083.png