Rams Sign CB Coty Sensabaugh To A Three-Year Deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
On one hand, fine. If you have confidence in Joyner at free safety, that works. On the other hand, that means Coty is the slot guy who is worse than Casey Hayward yet you are paying more. Is worse than Brandon Boykin, yet was chosen over him. I mean, I get that there is a weak Gregg Williams connection, but what the hell is this decision to give him 3yr 15-19M?

Every team does this in FA. to mitigate risk of the dollars you are shelling out you tend to sign the beast you know. Casey Hayward is zone corner we play in a man to man he would not be a good fit

Maybe this means Gaines is the nickel guy if they move joyner into a Tyran matthieu role.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Pretty sure Hayward wanted to go somewhere where he could play outside. And Boykin got traded for a 6th rd pick and hardly played after that, not sure how hes better

Regardless of what position Hayward plays in, Hayward is a far better player getting paid a good bit less.

Boykin has developed a good reputation as a slot guy. Well regarded by fans, advanced statistics, raw statistics (dude had a season with 6 interceptions).

Every team does this in FA. to mitigate risk of the dollars you are shelling out you tend to sign the beast you know. Casey Hayward is zone corner we play in a man to man he would not be a good fit

Maybe this means Gaines is the nickel guy if they move joyner into a Tyran matthieu role.

It's not about the fit. I'm not saying the Rams should have signed Hayward. It's the fact that Hayward is a better player getting paid less than a player who is worse than him. Coty shouldn't be getting a bigger contract than guys like Hayward or Prince.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This guy gets mixed reviews and that's a lot of dollars. But, we haven't seen the structure of the deal yet.

The Rams have a great track record with DB's. Let's hope they can get something out of this guy, despite the lack of strong reviews.

Last edited:

RamBill

Legend
Versatile cornerback Casey Hayward will be spending the prime of his career with a new team after four seasons with the Green Bay Packers.

The San Diego Chargers announced a deal with Hayward after Rand Getlin of NFL Network first reported Sunday that Hayward had agreed to terms, depriving the Packers of one of their premium assets in the defensive backfield.

Getlin reported the deal is for three years and $15.3 million.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-top-158

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Regardless of what position Hayward plays in, Hayward is a far better player getting paid a good bit less.

Boykin has developed a good reputation as a slot guy. Well regarded by fans, advanced statistics, raw statistics (dude had a season with 6 interceptions).

It's not about the fit. I'm not saying the Rams should have signed Hayward. It's the fact that Hayward is a better player getting paid less than a player who is worse than him. Coty shouldn't be getting a bigger contract than guys like Hayward or Prince.

but youre making it seem like the rams can just pick and choose whoever they want. thats not how it works. He wanted to be more than a slot guy, which isnt something guaranteed in LA. As for Boykin, you can throw out all the fan love and stats you want, but in the end he got traded for a 6th and then didnt even play for the team that traded for him. Clearly hes not that great. If stats and fan love is all it took, Foles would be our franchise QB.

edit: not to mention Hayward has always been more of a zone CB, and the Rams are a man team

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Do not mean to be pissy but how was their was(Titians defensed ranked last year?Can he cover? Is he a run supporter?) Why did They not resign him?
You're not being pissy, just negative.:rant: The knock coming out was that he was raw - he's not anymore.
I don't watch Titan games, but as I said, he's better in man than zone, and a good tackler. Can't really lay Ten's defense on one corner.
Why didn't we resign Jenkins? Maybe they wanted to put their money elsewhere. Maybe he wanted to play for a winner.
Maybe he likes GW. Maybe he likes LA. I don't fucking know, but I like what I've read, I like the signing, the money is reasonable, and after Barron, trust JF/GW completely.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Casey Hayward 2015:

G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF
16 11 65 56 9 0.0 -- 7 -- 0 -- 0.0 -- -- 0

Coty Sensabaugh 2015:

G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF
16 15 60 44 16 0.0 0 8 -- 2 42 21.0 26T 1 0

Last edited:

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
but youre making it seem like the rams can just pick and choose whoever they want. thats not how it works. He wanted to be more than a slot guy, which isnt something guaranteed in LA. As for Boykin, you can throw out all the fan love and stats you want, but in the end he got traded for a 6th and then didnt even play for the team that traded for him. Clearly hes not that great. If stats and fan love is all it took, Foles would be our franchise QB

No, I'm not making it seem that way. I'm not saying the Rams should have signed or could have signed Hayward. I am saying that the Rams could have chosen not to overpay Coty and then they did that.

Boykin getting traded for a 6th on an expiring contract doesn't mean he's worse than Coty who hasn't come close to the production that Boykin has had. That trade doesn't fully indicate the quality of player that Boykin is. What do you think Coty gets in a trade on the last year of his contract?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
40 yard dash 4.42 SEC
Bench 15 REPS
Vertical jump 37.0 INCH
Broad Jump 122.0 INCH
3 cone 6.60 SEC
20 yard shuttle 4.06 SEC
5'11" HEIGHT
31" ARM LENGTH
189LBS. WEIGHT
9" HANDS

OVERVIEW
Sensabaugh has seen his value rise in the past season since starting for Clemson. He is the cousin of Cowboys starting safety Gerald. Displayed good athletic ability, and has value as a sixth-round pick.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Sensabaugh is an athletic corner who was a late boomer. Has shown the ability to cover top prospects in his senior year and is savvy around the ball. Is smooth when transitioning and can flip his hips well. Better at man than zone. Has shown the tackling ability to contribute on special teams.
WEAKNESSES Sensabaugh has not started many games, and some see him benefiting from the rise of his cousin Gerald. Coty is an athletic mover but will need to develop his technique at the next level.

[www.nfl.com]

Titans CB Coty Sensabaugh (knee) is expected to return in Week 10.
Sensabaugh is officially probable after practicing in full this week. He's missed three games with an MCL sprain. Sensabaugh is one of the more underrated slot corners in the league when healthy. Sat, Nov 8, 2014 03:46:00 PM
Source: Associated Press

CB Coty Sensabaugh began Titans camp as the starting outside corner.
Sensabaugh is competing with second-year CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson to fill the hole in the Titans' secondary left by the departure of Alterraun Verner. The pair will likely trade off days with the first-team defense, meaning Wreh-Wilson should start tomorrow. Wreh-Wilson is the favorite to win the job. Sat, Jul 26, 2014 02:53:00 PM
Source: Nashville Tennessean

Titans selected Clemson CB Coty Sensabaugh with the No. 115 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft.
The cousin of Cowboys SS Gerald Sensabaugh was one of Mike Mayock's favorite sleepers at the corner position. He started just one year at Clemson, but ran a 4.37 40-yard dash at the Combine and can play press coverage. There's raw upside here.

[www.rotoworld.com]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Here's a novel idea.
Let's see how he does with the Rams before we render any judgement (myself included).

giphy.gif

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Looking into a few draft guys I asked, they say that he is a freak of an athlete but was very raw coming out of college. Just started to put it altogether last season so .... maybe we should just wait and see.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Looking into a few draft guys I asked, they say that he is a freak of an athlete but was very raw coming out of college. Just started to put it altogether last season so .... maybe we should just wait and see.

God I hope he puts it together.

A fifth season break-out? Not common, but that would be nice.

Can he achieve his potential with a better supporting cast and coaching? Yeah. It's not totally out of the realm of possibility. That said, at the moment, this looks bad.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
From what I know of him, he's utter dogshit, but I trust Fisher and Snead on the defensive side of the ball. They're usually right, so I'll wait until he plays.