Rams sign Aaron Murray

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is how I view this.. this signing was to push Mannion for the number 1 spot and in turn it makes Goff goes harder to maintain the number 1 spot. McVay don't want either one of them getting comfortable because they know the depth chart already. But in the end it's Goff Mannion then Murray if he even stick around

jjab360

Legend
This is how I view this.. this signing was to push Mannion for the number 1 spot and in turn it makes Goff goes harder to maintain the number 1 spot. McVay don't want either one of them getting comfortable because they know the depth chart already. But in the end it's Goff Mannion then Murray if he even stick around
Your rationalization is delusional

Bruce2980

Starter
If you are correct then Snead should be fired. Mannion shouldn't be anywhere near as good as Goff when looking at placement of draft and picks traded away for Goff. And McVay will not last long as a HC in LA as he has nothing on offense and won't for years to come.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
You seem salty. Mannion isn't this all world QB. I don't know what you see in him.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Jim Thomas‏Verified account @jthom1 · 2m2 minutes ago

Jim Thomas Retweeted SportsTrust Advisors

Case Keenum moving on as UFA. . . .

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saw someone else post this on twitter, but I lost it so I can't give them credit - still its a good thought.

Murray may be being brought in for his voice in the QB room. As we know, what happens above the neck as important as what happens below - and a QB3 can be valuable through the week in getting QB1 ready to play.

Psycho_X

Legend
I think he just meant it was a sign by management that no one should feel like their job is safe even Goff... even though it really is. But this type of signing does send a signal to the QBs... everyone is playing for their job. That's not a bad thing.

And I don't think anyone overvalues Mannion as much as people just want to know exactly what his value is. This will sort that out one way or another real quick in camp.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
If Mannion is overrated so is Goff.

so you mean they thinking about cutting Goff. He has 7 games of awful tape

Not at all.

Have not heard anything but positive talk about Goff.

Not sure what has been said about Mannion one way or the other.
For some reason, signing Murray is more about QB2 or QB3 at least to me.

Maybe you see Murray as a QB1.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
RotoWorld :

Murray (6-foot 1/2, 207) made 52 starts for the Bulldogs before tearing his left ACL last November, compiling a 35-17 record, 62.3% completion rate, and 121:41 TD-to-INT ratio. He was healthy enough to throw at Georgia's April 15 Pro Day, but did not run for scouts and will likely "redshirt" as a rookie behind Alex Smith, Chase Daniel and Tyler Bray. While Murray was a strong college starter, he is undersized with smallish hands (9 1/8"), an average arm, and very little mobility. Smart (29 Wonderlic) but likely maxed out physically going on age 24, Murray projects as a long-term NFL backup. Sat, May 10, 2014 03:31:00 PM

WestCoastRam

Legend
My guess:

1) Another veteran (sorta) presence in the QB room, don't need to worry about added him to this QB when installing offense.

2) Rams trying to maximize draft capital. Don't want to have to use a 6th round pick on a 3rd QB nor do they probably see a QB worth a pick in this draft anyways.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not at all.

Have not heard anything but positive talk about Goff.

Not sure what has been said about Mannion one way or the other.
For some reason, signing Murray is more about QB2 or QB3 at least to me.

Maybe you see Murray as a QB1.
Naw I see Murray as a 3 that's all. Mannion might not be our number 2 but I doubt it's Murray that beats him out

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's a camp arm that adds some push and competition for Mannion. Capable of unseating Mannion if he doesn't have a strong camp, but I doubt it. I don't think anything changes at QB, it should still be Goff>Mannion come the final cut.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You seem salty. Mannion isn't this all world QB. I don't know what you see in him.
Lmao y'all silly how do I seem salty that a guy who hasn't even shown anything in preseason is going to beat Mannion out. The hate and dislike for Mannion is real because obviously you are Salty because you think Mannion is a threat. Y'all Golden boy Goff is SAFE my opinion about Mannion is my own

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you are correct then Snead should be fired. Mannion shouldn't be anywhere near as good as Goff when looking at placement of draft and picks traded away for Goff. And McVay will not last long as a HC in LA as he has nothing on offense and won't for years to come.
That's not saying Mannion is going to unseat Goff for the number 1 spot but y'all seem to think that competition should only be contained to the 2nd and 3rd string that's crazy everyone needs to be pushed. Goff can have all the physical tools in the world but if he gets complacent then that's bad buisness NOONE needs to be complacent on this team

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The hate and dislike for Mannion is real because obviously you are Salty because you think Mannion is a threat.
I don't hate Mannion, I just don't think he's very good. He played 1 good quarter against Dallas 5th string players but has looked pretty awful otherwise. Murray should be good competition for the #2 spot being he has plenty of experience in WCO. Or, he might be a guy that can go on the PS. We'll see. I'm thinking they still might draft a QB as well