Rams select Mike Thomas WR with #206 Overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Snisher has a terrible record at offensive talent evals. Outside of Austin and Gurley, who have they drafted or FA hired that you are wowed by?
Much of our o-line, but I get your Point. Britt would of been much better if we woulda had a QB that was close to accurate. But this could be the year it changes. I hope at least.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I disagree with your take on the scared thing, but know and am happy you are behind him.

Tron, if I said you can know nothing about these two men except what you can derive from these images and you must choose one as the most confident, which would you choose:

Goff03.JPG
Wentz01.JPG

RamzFanz

Damnit
Also, not like any successful QB has ever had poor body language or facial expressions. Not like the Mannings (especially Eli) have dumb looks on their faces or slump when things go wrong in a game. Not like Brady sat down, head down, hands clasped in disappointment in the middle of a superbowl. Or even Rodgers. Ever see that guy nervous or out of his zone? Kid was seen as a top prospect in a draft once, must have been glowing with confidence during that time in the green room, right?

Exactly. Doesn't mean we don't note it or get mobbed for noting it either.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
And again, I'm just commenting on what they showed.

One looked scared.

One did not.

That's it.

As a person who has seen both in stressful situations, I prefer one over the other. I have drawn no conclusions for long term success and all conclusion being projected on me are completely fabricated. Preference: Confident.

Do I support Goff? I absolutely do.

So why do you make such an issue of it if you don't find it to have any impact on your opinion of Goff and his future success?

I dont understand your point in comparing him and Goff in their split seconds of green room video.

This obviously has to have some effect on your opinion of Goff's future in this leauge. You obviously have to feel, in some way, that because he wasn't confident (in your opinion) during these few moments, that it means he won't be confident in other situations in his career or else what's the god damn point of stressing this?

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

One looked scared.

One did not.

That's it.

As a person who has seen both in stressful situations, I prefer one over the other. I have drawn no conclusions for long term success and all conclusion being projected on me are completely fabricated. Preference: Confident.

Do I support Goff? I absolutely do.

200w.gif

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Top picture is Goff, bottom is Wentz.

It doesn't mean Goff won't be good or Wentz will, I prefer confident.

Well now you're just choosing to be oblivious.

Perhaps you should further your effort into removing your foot from your mouth rather than drive home this ridiculous point as to how you hold the key to determining one's inner dialogue based on facial expressions. Perception isn't reality!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

One looked scared.

One did not.

That's it.

Do I support Goff? I absolutely do
Exactly. Doesn't mean we don't note it or get mobbed for noting it either.
so.....you are getting mobbed, and not the one calling people clowns, and liars, and the such?

Classic.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Tron, if I said you can know nothing about these two men except what you can derive from these images and you must choose one as the most confident, which would you choose:

View attachment 13468 View attachment 13469
Honestly, and not lying or blowing smoke, it's goff.

This is like looking at a mullet, business in the front(goff) and party in the back(wentz).

Goff is serious. Wentz might hide behind his insecurities by being out going, and trust me I know those types more than well and don't like the end results.

I understand your view but still disagree. Not homerism, just going off my own personal experience with both types.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I often will put a stoic face, sort of a lack of emotion, when I don't want to show emotion in an inappropriate spot. Such as being joyful about something, before others are supposed to know about it. It's a mechanism to hide things until I should reveal them.

OTOH, I have seen people who allow the moment to overwhelm them, giving them a goofy expression.

The former is sort of what Goff looks like in the picture. The latter is how Wentz looks. However, unlike some posters here apparently, I don't know them well enough to properly evaluate if that is what they are doing. Perhaps Goff is introspective and nervous about how in a matter of minutes he will be leaving childhood behind forever - college will be over, with millions of dollars awaiting, and millions of fans counting on him. Perhaps Wentz has just understood the punchline of a joke he was told a few days before.

We just don't know.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame

Hell, Goff looks more disinterested than anything there.

Why try to compare the facial expressions of these guys at this point? It's a done deal. All its doing is trying to spur a debate between the two, or, raise doubt in people about one of them.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I like the Thomas pick by the way, if that's what this is still about.
Nope, thread derailed like a mother fucked. Get your shit together man!!!!

Jk ofc, wanted him and loved this pick big time!! Best pick of our 6th rounders. He will make the roster and be a stud!

RamzFanz

Damnit
You look scared. I've seen it a thousand times before! A guy makes up something...then can't accept the fact he was wrong then rants on and on and on trying to turn the masses in his favor ... Yep .. seen it thousands of times

Or maybe you're just blind to the obvious.

Pop quiz:

You have been captured by aliens. They are going to snip off your balls unless you can answer this very complicated human emotion question. Which human looks more confident?

Goff02.JPG
Wentz02.JPG

What do you think? Give up the balls or admit the truth?

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Wait - being on topic is allowed?

I guess, but I'll probably ignore it to drag myself in more debates that I come off as not liking in my posts, but enjoying taking part of because I love to bitch about stuff.

Just me though personally.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
You ever see a coyote scared? This is a mount, but it's something like the following picture. They tense up, make their mouths into odd shapes, etc:

coyotemount.jpg

A coyote calm? Collected? At peace with his surroundings?

coyote-close.jpg

Goff has been in the limelight during his time at Cal. Wentz? Not so much-- at least, not to this scale. Appearances aren't always what they seem.

I'm sorry but that coyote isn't scared, it's in stalking mode.It's the teeth and placement of the feet. I've killed a few hundred so I kinda know.
Though whoever did the mount did a great job !

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

Pop quiz:

You have been captured by aliens. They are going to snip off your balls unless you can answer this very complicated human emotion question. Which human looks more confident?

View attachment 13470 View attachment 13471

I'll take the stone cold killer in the top pic over the soulless smiling ginger. Did I pass the quiz?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Much of our o-line, but I get your Point. Britt would of been much better if we woulda had a QB that was close to accurate. But this could be the year it changes. I hope at least.

Britt is so underrated. His clutch catches last season and missed opportunities were uncountable. Dude made hay out of dirt. I don't know that Goff will change his stats trajectory on the long balls, but the intermediates should go way up.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Pop quiz:

From the time I spent teaching college students, I'd say that the Wentz picture is not confident, but somebody not really paying attention to what was going around him. So by default I'd say Goff is more confident, and you've just been castrated, apparently.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame

Pop quiz:

I honestly don't see either as being less comfortable than the other.

And while you infer that a blank face = fear and only fear, you won't ask yourself of the smile of Wentz comes from a nervous laugh or anything but pure confidence.