Rams select Isaiah Battle, OT, Clemson with #152 overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
True. I wonder if he can play guard.

With the reports of Robinson learning from one of the best, Battle doesn't really have a spot to play tackle. At guard we have Brown on one side, and nice young guard on the other would be great. This young o line can grow to dominate.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well they did.
Got him for a 5th in the supplemental last year, so I just plugged him into this draft instead of thinking about it in terms of them not having a pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Baylor? I certainly like that school more than Clemson. ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He would have been very good round 5 value this year, too. Still like it! :D

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
OTs from Baylor are off my board...

Thanks a lot Jason Smith....

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Perspective brother! I like your thinking. Essentially this is what we did. When we start feeling like this...
brow.jpg

because we have very few picks, we need to remember our stockpiled picks over the last few drafts, and Battle, who basically is a 5th round pick from this year, given one year of camp LAST year, as a red shirt head start. Sounds good to me.

yes.jpg

carry on...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would say that Isaiah Battle's NFL season did not begin until Jan of this yr. Rams have invested very big with serious draft assets @ the position Battle was born to play OT. Battle is a prototype designed Left OT not a right OG nor a Left OG or nor center. I could argue Battle will never be a good right OT at this point. When Battle was drafted he was under 290 lbs & stood over 6-7 tall & without power.

With Robinson, Havenstein & Donnal drafted the last two drafts as our OT's & the 4th roster OT Darrell Williams being a surprise good valued low cost UDFA swing tackle as a rookie.....o_O the high pressure is on IB to come into LA well conditioned & with added overall power/strength/size. If IB has not done the time & preparation, IB will not be on the 53 player roster as a Ram when the 2016 season starts. There is no roster spot for another young inexperienced single position reserve OL unless there is total disaster of injuries. If the newly reconstructed versatile Rodger Saffold picks up the highly valuable 6th OL reserve spot pressure will double for IB because Saffold best full season as a pro came when he was starting @ left OT not OG.

Bottom line IMO, IB will need to be able to play both OT posts with high promise to stick as a swing OT. If not IB will end up being traded or placed on the practice squad when the season begins.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Goddamn I love the tackles on our team. Greg, Have, and Isaiah Battle. Can't ask for much better than that.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Will definitely compete with GRob to protect Goff's blindside. If both pan out, he could be good trade bait for a 2017 1st rounder.