Rams Select Braden Fiske, DL at #39 Overall.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
I probably shouldn't post this and it's not fair to this kid at all but I just went back and watched some AD at Pitt just out of pure nostalgia.

Boy, what a mistake that was... You take every prospect in this draft or any other draft's best play of their career and AD made that play at least 3-4 times a game at Pitt. It seems like somehow every third snap was a TFL for him. I won't be doing that to myself again and especially not on draft day.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
They had a first round grade on him and so it’s hard to argue with trading up. As for the value don’t you think they tried to offer less? It takes two to tango

Time will tell but I am betting we win this trade

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You obviously have a reading comprehension problem.

My biggest issue is what they gave up in draft capital for Fiske.

He played 1 year at FSU and showed decent growth at that level. He’s a little older and at least one scout said he has an injury history. Also evaluated as a rotation 3 technique.

Rams wanted him so welcome to the ramily, hopefully he turns into a solid anchor in the middle.
Far enough - The Rams liked what they liked & if you look how they draft it’s easy to see what they like about him.

Yes The Rams found Puka in the 5th rd so of course your giving up draft capital to get Fiske.

Johnathan Taylor went 41.Wanted The Rams to trade up to get him.What would it have cost them to move up from #52( Hurt went #53). to move up.#84? Maybe add that #139 (Hopkins) ? Fuller was #199.
When The Rams moved back up to get Gerald Henderson in 2019 the Rams could have drafted T.Pollard instead & was from the same school.
-I like The Blake Corum pick,but yes Kyren Williams was (what ?) a 5th rd pick ??

The Rams vision & how Les Snead explains it & the vision is pretty KOOL!!! Weather I have a reading disorder or not the Verse-Fiske combination is still a thing. Should Blake have WON The National Chapionship ? Did Florida State have The Best Defense in The Nation ??

I look at how Puka & Kupp are working out together.I see The Mentorship that Sean Mcvay LOVES to see.I see what AD99 brought to The Rams which is still a HUGE PILLAR in THE RAMS (organization) LOCKER ROOM !!

You know I know what I THINK & SEE as as RAMS FAN !! AT WHAT PRICE does it take to continue a LEGACY ????? A 5th rd Draft Pick ??

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Boy there sure was a run on DTs early and mid-way through the 2nd round. I hated that the Rams had to give up the 2nd round pick next year but if this guy pans out all will be forgiven, because it was definitely a position of need.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They had a first round grade on him and so it’s hard to argue with trading up. As for the value don’t you think they tried to offer less? It takes two to tango

Time will tell but I am betting we win this trade

You know it’s sort of HARD to QUESTION THE RAMS SCOUTINg & DRAFT picks after last season!!!

Turn on The Game Film of Florida State & Les Snead tells you Louisville game was The Must See.
I just saw Fiske Highlight & said WOW !!! What a pick !! Fiske could even be better than Jared Verse if you look at The DT Posistion.

I see a lot of AD99 & Turner in him.
Meaning how a DT can really get pressure on The QB from the inside. I remember TUCK & the NY Giants ? Strahan was coming from the LE spot .

What you have to think & vision from at least this DRAFT(2024) is Where The Rams are as a FRANCHISE !!! Plus ADD What there going to ASK VERSE& FISKE to do ??

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I was thinking we gave up too much at first but there was a run on DL so the value was there at a needed position. Defense will be good. Like the saftey as well (playmaker). Let's go!

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I was thinking we gave up too much at first but there was a run on DL so the value was there at a needed position. Defense will be good. Like the saftey as well (playmaker). Let's go!
Great minds think alike!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Boy there sure was a run on DTs early and mid-way through the 2nd round. I hated that the Rams had to give up the 2nd round pick next year but if this guy pans out all will be forgiven, because it was definitely a position of need.

Is that what The Rams gave up ??
No matter what The Rams gave up ?? In ONE SENSE it’s priceless !!

What The Rams created in THE 2024 DRAFT is TWo STARTING YOUNG(Bryson) starting D-LINEMAN for The Next FOUR YEARS
At a LOW PRICE - HIGH CEILING !!

When you look at The Combination ? You see what also happened !!

1. You secured The Right Edge from Run & Pass(Rush) !!
2.You pencil in a NEW DT who you had to replace with the AD99 LOSS!!
3.You put a similar type player as AD99 at RDT,
4. Add a DT who will work good with Verse.(combination),who will be STOUT vs. The Run!!.
5. Kobie Turner gets to find himself at LDT next to Byron Young as OLB who will be asked to do more in coverage.

Then add Hoecht being able to find a niche with Bobby Brown in a rotation ??? IMO you’ll see Jared Verse playing RDE The whole game with his size speed & conditioning ??? It will be interesting ???

Once again though being able to do that comes at a Price. IMO contract wise for 4 YEARS it’s PRICELESS !!! The Rams have The Cap Space for Matthew Stafford & The OFFENSIVE FRONT to PROTECT
him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

What about Blake Corum ?? Put on The Game Film ?? In college he was probably my FAVORITE RB in College. The Great thing as Mcvay said was he runs like Kyren Williams.

IMO I think he(won’t say it),but in college he ran better in bigger games.You look at where both RB’s came from & The Success they both had as players & as team members of what those teams accomplished.

Yes - though if you look at The Rams NEEDS from 2023 & who The Rams lost they FILLED those NEEDS !!

I will say I wanted Payton Wilson & to see him go to Pittsburg(will be fun) 1 spot before The Rams were picking up KK(Kinchens,Kamren) sort of makes me still HOPE that 1 of my guys INSIDE/WLBER gets drafted to fill that VOID !!

Yes - Rams needed a True FS - us Curl or Yeast that guy or Kinchens ?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. They overpaid some but not enough to worry about But if they value the player it's the right trade to make.

I reread his post again and I stand by my original sentiment.

View: https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1784006634093597174

He's saying the Rams gave up 2,334 points for a pick worth 1,143. That's 1,191 points difference, more than what the 39 pick is worth.

I don't know what chart he's using but the 52nd pick would be much less then the 39th, so he is actually saying the Rams paid the equivalent of the 35th pick over and above their 52 pick. Get the fuck outta here you jerk off. Why would anybody listen to another word he says?

JYB

Starter
It was 130 points difference. We basically gave them 300 at the minimum.

I love Fiske, but they need to get someone who knows how to work the phones instead of just saying okay and not counter negotiating.
The Panthers clearly promised themselves that the next time Snead comes around begging to be fleeced, they won't say no. Thankfully, they saved Snead from himself last time. If they hadn't rejected him last time, we wouldn't have Avila, Verse or a 2025 first rounder.

I want Snead in the room for two things:
(1) Stacking boards and making picks; and
(2) Being on the other side of the poker table.

JYB

Starter
But that doesn’t mean giving your ass away when you don’t have to.
That's the point. Like the player, like the aggressiveness. Don't like consistently overpaying to acquire players and getting nothing in return for trading them. Teams fleece Les bc they know they can. They've seen him get the short end of the stick in trades time after time, so they're all gonna hold out for more when he comes callin'. Wish somebody else would do the negotiating in the future.

JYB

Starter
Fair enough but if you have to "overpay" to get a guy you want I'm all for it. People said we overpaid for Ramsey and Stafford too. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but totally fair POV for you.
But DID we have to?

The problem is, this is a pattern for Les. And other teams now know it, so they're always going to ask for more, bc they know Les will pay more.

When was the last time he got the better end of a trade?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clearly we need a new GM our Super Bowl winner isn't good enough. Maybe we should hire somebody from the Panthers who have never won shit and are the worst team in the league :D Oh or maybe a couple fans can do a better job!

Memphis Ram

Legend
"Home run trade for the #Panthers."

Um, yes, that's the point that some people either refuse to acknowledge or insist doesn't matter. It does matter. Les is now known around the league as the guy you can fleece.
According to the Jimmy Johnson Trade Chart, the Rams gave up 220 points which is the equivalent of a high 3rd round choice (#72) to move up for Fiske.