Rams Request Permission to interview Gase

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I doubt this comes to fruition, however, sure would be nice to screw with 49er fans hiring the guy they could not get.

ram007

Starter
NO upside to Gase joining this team since he is already being overlooked for most HC positions. Then if he fails with Rams, NFL will say OK, it was manning who made you work. It is a lose-lose for him.
For Rams, I hope he picks this team.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I'm really not sure how or why you've come up with this. I'm positive they are doing their due diligence to get who they believe the right guy is

I guess I should have put that in blue font but I would think after the season was over they would at least take a little vacation before that got back to the grind.

MrMotes

Starter
Poor Adam Gase, first he's a lock to be HC, it's just that Denver keeps going to the SB and now he's interviewing to be an OC?

I don't think there's any chance we get him, but it would be great. And then, and only then, the Manning thing would make sense too...

CeeDub

UDFA
Name
LUVDARAMS
Fisher's willingness to look at different OC's smells like Kroenke has maybe had the talk with him and said get this team winning and into the playoffs are you are out, I need to have a winning team moving into my shiny new stadium in Los Angeles.

I would be onboard with Adam Gase being our OC, I still think Sam Bradford has something left in the tank and we need an OC who can bring the best out of him, I wouldn't mind either if he brought Peyton Manning along with him if he retires to be QB coach, oh boy wouldn't that be fun.

ram007

Starter
Fisher's willingness to look at different OC's smells like Kroenke has maybe had the talk with him and said get this team winning and into the playoffs are you are out, I need to have a winning team moving into my shiny new stadium in Los Angeles.

I would be onboard with Adam Gase being our OC, I still think Sam Bradford has something left in the tank and we need an OC who can bring the best out of him, I wouldn't mind either if he brought Peyton Manning along with him if he retires to be QB coach, oh boy wouldn't that be fun.

They will start Bradford game 1 next season. But Bradford's tank only takes in gas doesn't combust to produce energy. It just takes in.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Having Gase as OC and Manning as the QB is a very real possibility. The defense is there, draft and FA the OL. Manning with the Rams D? As much as I like Bradford I would be estacic to see this scenerio unfold.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Maybe so. But then again maybe it has to do with the fact Gase knows the Coryell offense from his time with Mad Mike and Fish wants a better passing game, along with payoff from him and Snead's investment in the WR corps.

I think he gets a bad rap in that way. He has said the team needs to score more, and alluded to radical changes this offseason (paraphrasing). We all assume he allowed Schotty to try his opening up of the offense, but maybe he was part of that push. Could be that he's not against creative offense but simply has never made the right hire.

Gase comes with some serious benefits, like not needing to change the system. Even Martz specifically pointed out how good he is, and I do trust Mad Mike's take. It pairs nicely with what Manning has been saying about him.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True, however, Kubiak came out and stated before the Fox parting of the ways that he was staying on as Ravens OC maybe the Denver opening will change his mind I guess we will see.
They did mention that Kubiak said he wanted to stay... like you said, that opening and the ties that go with it may change his mind.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well Chud will likely be available on Monday. But wouldn't the Rams have requested to interview him by now if they were interested?
I dont know if they can or cant. I am fairly certain that Chud will be an OC somewhere next season (I fear San Fran) but havent seen that anyone had requested to interview.
I think he waits until hes free

WestCoastRam

Legend
Wasn't Gase the OC the year that Tebow was there... I think he's much more than Peyton's ball boy. He's shown the ability to be creative and flexible with different schemes. I'm not sure what's there that's not to like.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wonder if the Rams talked to John Elway and think there is a chance that Peyton Manning is on the way out. If they grab Gase they may be able to Lure Peyton in a package deal.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Probably just a power play towards the guy we're really leaning on to show him that there's other options out there and to piss in the hat of the 9ers. He's really not all that impressive and doesn't run the style of ball Fisher's looking for. He's definitely a pass first type of guy, though how much that's skewed by having Peyton Manning as a QB I don't know.

jdhommert

Rookie
I don't know anything about Gase at all, but here's what really concerns me. Yes he's been in the NFL for a while, but the only job as an OC has been in Denver the last 2 years.

Payton has been the QB....when that happens you don't run Gase's offense he dreamed up, you run Manning's offense bottom line.

Let's not forget that he's been the OC for a super talented offense with arguably the greatest QB of all time running the offense with multiple excellent receiving options etc etc

I just wonder if all the Gase hype is way over rated.....

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
While I respect Martz's take on Gase being good at dissecting defensive tendencies, my pause comes from how thoroughly we and Seattle dismantled their offense. I fear DC's have figured him out the way they did Martz.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I wonder if the Rams talked to John Elway and think there is a chance that Peyton Manning is on the way out. If they grab Gase they may be able to Lure Peyton in a package deal.
Actually I think Fox wanted Manning gone and that was the "difference " he and Fox decided to split over. It's always been my belief that Elway was THE force behind bringing Manning in, Fox seems to me to be the perfect fit for Chi. he'll take them back to the defense and running game being the focus and using Cutlers big arm on the deep ball PA's,something that has slowly left Mannings game .

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Actually I think Fox wanted Manning gone and that was the "difference " he and Fox decided to split over. It's always been my belief that Elway was THE force behind bringing Manning in, Fox seems to me to be the perfect fit for Chi. he'll take them back to the defense and running game being the focus and using Cutlers big arm on the deep ball PA's,something that has slowly left Mannings game .

Yeah you could be right. It makes sense. I don't know why they couldn't do that with Manning though. Maybe because of his fragility that they wanted the line to focus too much on pass protection? I always had a feeling that was one of Martzs problems. He wanted the QB protected at all costs because of his slow developing plays.

I agree about Fox and I am sad to see Cutler is not likely to be available but Fox can lighten the load on Cutler and make him look good.....or at least better. I still have my doubts about success focusing on the run.........unless of course you have an Oline like Dallas does but there are not many of them in the league right now. Even Seattle and San Francisco tried focusing on getting a better passing game and their running game was very good.

It is interesting that Elway would want Manning over Fox. He took a chance letting Gase go but I always felt he just didn't want to lose Gase. Seems that is not entirely the case. I think Kubiak stands a good chance of being the next head coach of the Broncos.

wrstdude

Rookie
And this makes sense how? Looking at Roman and Shanny with Boras name out there, they are clearly looking at a run-centric offense. Whats the point of Gase? Are they that uncommited to a style of offense based on their personnel? All I can hope for is that this means Chud would still be in play once Indy is out of the playoffs

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2320261-cj-andersons-broncos-arent-the-team-you-think-they-are

Some good reading to clear up some misconceptions being thrown around about Gase.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
With the news that Kubiak will interview for the Broncos HC job I'd say the chances of hiring Gase increased