Rams QB Sean Mannion Highest-Graded QB In NFC West In Preseason Week 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But what have he done to be considered a franchise qb that's still up for debate

I'm confident in his ability. But if it's up for debate, it's pretty silly to claim that it was the wrong move to draft him in hindsight because you are saying that hasn't been established yet.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm confident in his ability. But if it's up for debate, it's pretty silly to claim that it was the wrong move to draft him in hindsight because you are saying that hasn't been established yet.
What I'm saying is you claim to have a franchise qb already. My argument me is that we would have been better not drafting Goff and taking advantage of our high draft picks and we could have been better then 4-12, you said it's better to be bad with a franchise qb then mediocre with a bad qb so I said Goff as a franchise qb is up for debate which means you missed out on quality players at positions of need to not get what you hoped for

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Whaaaat? Bulger was great in 2002 and 2003, fell off a bit in 2004, injuries in 2005, but bounced back in 2006. I'd say he had three pretty damn good seasons with the Rams. He was pretty clutch. I still remember him in 04, @Seattle, that crazy comeback... He's looking over at Bruce or Holt and laughing, then throws a strike to Curtis in OT to win the game. Dude had guts.
It doesn't take away from the fact that he was a system guy. He was also as sturdy as a porcelain doll.

nighttrain

Legend
What I'm saying is you claim to have a franchise qb already. My argument me is that we would have been better not drafting Goff and taking advantage of our high draft picks and we could have been better then 4-12, you said it's better to be bad with a franchise qb then mediocre with a bad qb so I said Goff as a franchise qb is up for debate which means you missed out on quality players at positions of need to not get what you hoped for
We have to hope McVay can help Goff be what we all want him to be, a fine, very fine, NFL QB
train

Zero

Pro Bowler

Geez you two.lol
Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

Not sure why this debate is still going. Too many horses have fallen victim. It's all IFs IFs IFs. If the Rams didn't draft Goff they could have drafted other players. Well, those other players could have all been busts. Goff could be a bust. But if he wasn't, and we wasted our picks on busts, we'd all be like "damn we should have traded up for that guy".

I love Goff. I think he's gonna be elite this year. I love Mannion. Think he's one of the best game manager type QBs in the league, perfect for a backup role.

This all being said, can we please let this conversation finally ride off into the sunset, wherever the hell that sets, and let these guys show what they can do on the field with a real team around them? Please? Please?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure why this debate is still going. Too many horses have fallen victim. It's all IFs IFs IFs. If the Rams didn't draft Goff they could have drafted other players. Well, those other players could have all been busts. Goff could be a bust. But if he wasn't, and we wasted our picks on busts, we'd all be like "damn we should have traded up for that guy".

I love Goff. I think he's gonna be elite this year. I love Mannion. Think he's one of the best game manager type QBs in the league, perfect for a backup role.

This all being said, can we please let this conversation finally ride off into the sunset, wherever the hell that sets, and let these guys show what they can do on the field with a real team around them? Please? Please?
Lol @jrry32 i call a truce until Sunday

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You're right. No point in arguing over this. Goff will be our franchise QB. We won't be debating over this stuff long. (y)

Zodi

Hall of Fame
It doesn't take away from the fact that he was a system guy. He was also as sturdy as a porcelain doll.

He took so many hits dude. The human body can only take so much. Same thing happened with Warner under Martz.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Not that anybody asked.........but;

I don't think the team was ready to go for the "franchise quarterback" when they selected Goff.
We didn't have any real reliable receivers.
That includes wide receivers or tight ends.
Our O line was not dependable or solid enough to develop a quarterback behind.

I am not real big on trading multiple draft picks to move up in the draft anywho.
I know that means we would have had to gamble on Lynch when he fell to us.
Lynch doesn't look very good so far.

I've always been of the opinion that you build the solid offense, o line weapons and then insert a good quarterback behind them.
Think Dak Prescott and Dallas.

Just for argument's sake let's say that we had used those picks that we gave up for Goff on a number one receiver and left tackle and a guard in the second round.
Then inserted a DeShaun Watson behind them.

I think that has just as much chance of working as giving up a whole bunch of draft picks and praying the quarterback works out.

That said I like what I'm seeing in Goff and I also like the way they are building the team.

However, notice that two of our biggest proven offensive stars, (Whitworth and Watson) are either one year rentals or 35 years old.

I am just big on building the team correctly through the draft with five year contracts on first-rounders. JMO

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still never fails to crack me up. People thinking Mannion is better than Goff and will be our QB.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Still never fails to crack me up. People thinking Mannion is better than Goff and will be our QB.
Mannion has just as much chance of developing into a proven reliable long-term pro as Goff at this point.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion has just as much chance of developing into a proven reliable long-term pro as Goff at this point.
Should pace yourself! Drinking this much 2 hours before kickoff and you'll be passed out by half time!

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Check out old school, he can read the future.

I think they both have a chance to turn into starting quarterbacks.

I thought that from the time they drafted Mannion to now.

I'm personally pulling for Mannion but go ahead and undercut him if that is your thing.