Rams Prank Call Redskins, Offer Three 1st Round Picks For RGIII, Hang Up Giggling

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
WASHINGTON – After announcing on Tuesday that the team was benching QB Robert Griffin III in favor of journeyman Colt McCoy, the Washington Redskins received a prank phone call early Wednesday from St. Louis General Manager Les Snead, during which the 43-year old executive reportedly offered to trade Washington the Rams’ next three first round draft selections in exchange for the troubled Griffin, before breaking out into loud guffaws and hanging up the phone, according to sources within the team’s communications office.
RGIII-BENCHED-300x200.png

“Hi Bruce? Les Snead here with the Rams. Heard you guys are benching RGIII. That sure is a shame,” said the giggle-suppressing Snead to Redskins G.M. Bruce Allen. “Something about him being injury prone, and a bad leader? Holds the ball way too long? Teammates can’t stand him? Gee, what a bummer. Tell you what: We’ll take him off your hands for the low, low price of just…. of just THREE FIRST ROUND DRAFT PACKS AS WELL AS A HIGH SECOND ROUNDER.”
Added Snead, while hanging up the phone: “HAHAHAHAHA.”
Three years ago, the Rams famously traded the 2nd overall pick of the 2012 NFL Draft to Washington in exchange for the Redskins first and second round selections that year, as well as first rounders in 2013 and 2014. At the time, Washington was happy to part with such a huge bounty of picks, if it meant the team’s long-standing quest for a franchise QB would finally be over. But with the news of Griffin’s benching Tuesday, sources say that the Redskins search for a premiere signal caller may be back on.
“Was Snead being sarcastic there? I get the feeling he was being sarcastic,” said a confused Allen, while looking at the “call disconnected” graphic on his smartphone. “Well, whatever. I just heard that Brett Hundley of UCLA is declaring for next year’s draft. Someone get me the Raiders on the line and see if they’ll take all our first round picks between now and 2018 in exchange for their top pick next year.”

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Actually I'm thinking this thread should have been merged? :cool:

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Actually I'm thinking this thread should have been merged? :cool:
This is just something I found and thought it was funny.
I thought it so obvious that I wouldn't need to point out it is a joke.
joke is on me :wtf: