Rams not really interested in Favre

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

Per Ian Rapoport on NFL Network

It was just a joke - The Rams were talking to Bus Cook (Favre's agent), who also represents Austin Davis (A QB they did sign), when they jokingly said "well hey how about Favre?" Both sides laughed, and that was that.

^ just saw it on nfln

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
That certainly makes more sense than a genuine interest.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
With Demoff involved, there's always the possibility that there's a joke in there somewhere.
Remember when he fainted last year right after the Rams went over .500 for the first time?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Surprised he hasnt tweeted this yet. For as big of news as the Favre rumor was, it will likely be equally silent, that it isnt true....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • By Chris Wesseling
  • Around the League Writer
  • Published: Oct. 24, 2013 at 05:28 p.m

We've all had our sanctioned fun with the St. Louis Rams' phone call to assess 44-year-old Brett Favre's mindset on a return to football.

If you were hesitant to suspend disbelief about the Rams' interest, your instincts were correct.

Citing a team source and a source informed of the "talks," NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday on NFL Network's "Around the League Live" that St. Louis only asked about Favre's interest as a one-line wisecrack.

"It's not like the Rams sent Tavon Austin and Robert Quinn down to Hattiesburg to try to lure Brett Favre off his tractor," Rapoport said. "As he told us on Sunday, he realized that after about 20 years in the NFL he doesn't like getting hit."

A Rams official initially inquired about recently signed developmental quarterback Austin Davis, who just happens to share the same agent with Favre. While he had Bus Cook on the phone, the official offhandedly quipped, "Hey, what about Favre?"

"It was just a joke," a Rams source told Rapoport. "It was just a throwaway line. Doesn't anyone have a sense of humor?'"

We do! And we appreciate any football mirth that evolves into the potential mid-season resurrection of a former player who edging toward Old Man Withers and away from professional quarterback.

The "Around The League Podcast" spoke with NFL Films senior producer Greg Cosell on Wednesday. Click here to listen and subscribe.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Brett must be trying to get his name out in the main stream again for some reason. He and his agent obviously orchestrated this whole thing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Brett must be trying to get his name out in the main stream again for some reason. He and his agent obviously orchestrated this whole thing.
Could be. I still think it was an off-the-cuff remark that the media (as they tend to do) blew WAY out of proportion.
In their haste to be the first clown to break a story, they often don't bother to check if it's legitimate.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Makes more sense than signing a guy who's supposedly having memory lapses.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
C'mon if anyone really thought it could be real...just no. I thought it was hilarious from the get-go. That's why I was "all for" signing him.

Neg.. Brett's a good ole guy (for the most part).. he has helped mentor Austin Davis.. And they have the same agent and lived in the same town (Hattiesburg) for a while..

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Neg.. Brett's a good ole guy (for the most part).. he has helped mentor Austin Davis.. And they have the same agent and lived in the same town (Hattiesburg) for a while..

Good Olé boy or not, Brett and his agent were the ones responsible for turning the"story" into the media circus. Old Mississippi boy loves him some attention son.