Rams need to let go of the past and cut WR Brian Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do you want Brian Quick on the roster in 2016?

• Total voters

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
then you go to bed and she is a damp squib in the sack ....just utter dissapointment
prudd.gif

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think the Rams liked his size and his raw athletic ability. Clearly, coming from Appalachian State, there was going to be a learning curve, then the injury, and the fight back to the field that followed. I agree that if there are other WRs in camp that perform better than Quick, maybe it is time to move on, and I trust the guys that have to make that decision. However, I can say that I haven't seen enough of our draft class and the UDFA that we brought in to come to a conclusion, and I doubt anyone else on this board has seen enough as well. Unless, of course, they have been attending the one week of camp where they have only been in pads for two or three days.

I like Quick, and I am pulling for him.

The Rams traded back to get Pharoh Cooper & added a 6th rd pick .They picked Mike Thomas.These 2 guys will make plays all season.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you didn't pick "I don't care who is on the roster as long as we win" then I'd love to hear your reasoning

lockdnram21

Legend
I know I'm I minority but no way he gets cut. I St feel he's best wr. Not sold on any of spruce, mcroberts, and North is still way raw. I don't think k rams would have resigned him if they didn't expect to keep him. Also they say that Groh is showing him all the attention

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you didn't pick "I don't care who is on the roster as long as we win" then I'd love to hear your reasoning
It's all BS anyway...There is no way that you can know (or that I can know) if Quick is part of the "I don't care who is on the roster as long as we win" outcome....We DO know that he has done absolutely nothing as a Ram, as a 2nd round pick, since 2012. Hell, he doesn't even have 1000 yards recieving since 2012, so how can anyone even answer your question? We have to count that 2nd round pick a bust, if any rookie on the bubble is even close to him to on the field ability, imo..enough, is enough.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know I'm I minority but no way he gets cut. I St feel he's best wr. Not sold on any of spruce, mcroberts, and North is still way raw. I don't think k rams would have resigned him if they didn't expect to keep him. Also they say that Groh is showing him all the attention
It was a one year prove it deal, to see if he had any ability to let them save face on picking him in 2012....How can you say he has proven anything in his time, whatsoever?

lockdnram21

Legend
It was a one year prove it deal, to see if he had any ability to let them save face on picking him in 2012....How can you say he has proven anything in his time, whatsoever?
That was almost a career ending injury and he was coming along. Quaterback play hindered all wr laSt year. Think Groh is helping him a lot. Like I said I know I'm in minority but I would rather have Quick over Spruce, Mcroberts, I like North But think he should sit on ps for a year

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's hope this thread is bumped repeatedly this season and for years to come in mocking fashion.
I agree. Especially when we are laughing about how some people wanted to keep Fendi Onubun around too...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was almost a career ending injury and he was coming along. Quaterback play hindered all wr laSt year. Think Groh is helping him a lot. Like I said I know I'm in minority but I would rather have Quick over Spruce, Mcroberts, I like North But think he should sit on ps for a year

While I agree with you that seemed to be true, that year was make or break with me, over him. Not that I matter in any decision making about him, but I am biased against him right now. He has to blow me away to make me a believer. Right now he's just a big potential guy that never develops, and it seems to me that others with less natural ability, but with greater development and produce on game days, are a much better investments.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm definitely in the "I don't care as long as we win" camp.

Quick is pleasantly surprising reporters in camp practices. But he's still got to win some of us over, certainly including me.

Too many disappointments since '12. Far too many.

Some players practice well but disappear in real games. Quick has mostly been such a player. A "Lucy with the football" kinda thing.

Drafting football players is not an exact science. It's incredibly difficult. Even the best evaluators in the world only average around 50% success rate in the FIRST round.

Barrett Jones was an excellent example. After all those awards and National Championships, I was certain that he was a 4th round steal. Despite his lisfranc injury pre draft. Then comes the back injury. Still I thought he could be a solid OL starter for 10-12 years.

Boy, was I wrong.

So Quick is on a "prove it" preseason as far as I'm concerned. And ties go to the rookie.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ugh, really? I hope that isn't an "article" somewhere. Lazy and poorly written. I will let the coaches decide who should be "let go" thank you, especially since they haven't asked for my input, lolz. If quick is beaten out in camp, I would hope they would release him...

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm definitely in the "I don't care as long as we win" camp.

Quick is pleasantly surprising reporters in camp practices. But he's still got to win some of us over, certainly including me.

Too many disappointments since '12. Far too many.

Some players practice well but disappear in real games. Quick has mostly been such a player. A "Lucy with the football" kinda thing.

Drafting football players is not an exact science. It's incredibly difficult. Even the best evaluators in the world only average around 50% success rate in the FIRST round.

Barrett Jones was an excellent example. After all those awards and National Championships, I was certain that he was a 4th round steal. Despite his lisfranc injury pre draft. Then comes the back injury. Still I thought he could be a solid OL starter for 10-12 years.

Boy, was I wrong.

So Quick is on a "prove it" preseason as far as I'm concerned. And ties go to the rookie.

Great post. Only thing you forgot to do was drop the mike as you walked off stage...

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I also have to add , have you seen a practice this season ?? Your info is of
an illusion . Going into practice the other day I was under the impression Brian Quick was totally on the bubble.

The Rams are a young team. Brian Quick is a veteran that they need in the locker room. He is not going anywhere .

--.Brian Quick was a beast the other day.That was only one practice though
I think he can be a match up problem for some teams.He will be good on 3rd downs.
--It is a clean slate for Brian Quick.He has a new WR coach that could make a world of difference on the development for him.

Is it possible that not everyone is capable of learning and improving

nanotech

Rookie
Why do the Rams need to let go of anything, other than enough players to get to 53 for the season?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Quick to me as always that been that chick in the bar.

you know that absolute worldie that 11 outta ten ... dances up a storm on the dance floor and looks as hot as hell doing it ....you manage to nab it take it home and every guy in the place is a little jealous then you go to bed and she is a damp squib in the sack ....just utter dissapointment

hopefullt this is his year but i recall many a rams fan saying that but i agree with @LoyalRam if any rookie/UDFA is even close to him then buh bye quick

Damp Squib? Dude you said she looks hot, dances great, and you nabbed her - a good craftsman doesn't blame his tools :LOL:

My point is you need to help her out too, I mean she was 100% before you laid the wood - what happened? Hopefully our new coaching staff (Groh et al) will take all those great attributes and make something happen

Ramzee

Rookie
You keep the best 6. Period. Right now at camp, this year (because right now all those other previous years don't matter anymore) he is easily one of the top 6 so far. Actually one of the best looking out there period, right now. Quick is a niche receiver, don't forget that. He's a red zone target. He's meant to be a mismatch. The Rams will use him mostly in that capacity. He's going to do his damage there.