Rams have visits with some DBs and a TE.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...aft-winds-rumors-connecting-players-nfl-teams

» Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina: Rams TE coach attends pro day
» Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State: Apple scheduled to meet with Rams
» Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State: Bell to visit with Rams
William Jackson III, CB, Houston: Has workout scheduled with Rams

I know that officials and private workouts don't always add up to being drafted but they are looking at some highly rated DBs and a third round TE, plus Snead was at Higbees Pro day I believe. I prefer Adams.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Scary Sinking feeling the Rams are taking a CB at 15. They have shown decent interest in Apple, MacKenzie Alexander, and Jackson, all could be BPA at 15. IMO Jackson is best in the bunch

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Scary Sinking feeling the Rams are taking a CB at 15. They have shown decent interest in Apple, MacKenzie Alexander, and Jackson, all could be BPA at 15. IMO Jackson is best in the bunch
Smokescreen! Hehe I can't wait for the draft night to be here.

WestCoastRam

Legend
One thing the Rams have done with regularity since Snisher has been here is draft guys they've had visits with...

It usually seems like they keep quiet on one or two top prospects but pretty much draft guys who are later round picks that they've had visits with...

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller

I'd be fine with that. Johnson hasn't exactly shown to be Mr. Durable, Gaines is coming off a serious injury and I don't have any faith in Roberson.

Say Johnson goes down in preseason like he did a couple years ago and we're elated we grabbed Jackson or the kid from Clemson.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I would be so disappointed if we took a corner at 15, I agree with not totally trusting tru with injury history, but we are pretty deep at corner and I think it would be a waste of 15 where we can grab a real playmaker.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
I would be so disappointed if we took a corner at 15, I agree with not totally trusting tru with injury history, but we are pretty deep at corner and I think it would be a waste of 15 where we can grab a real playmaker.

Staying at 15 and getting one of the best corners in the draft IS grabbing a playmaker. Then we could go WR/TE in the second.
It gives us insurance, healthy competition and, as we all saw with Jenkins, there's no guarantee we can get Johson back at a good price after the tag. Teams will throw stupid money at good corners.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't ideal -- hopefully Lynch checks out on the mental aspects and we can grab him. But if they don't like what they see, a top CB at 15 isn't a bad move.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
so would you guys go CB over a WR like Treadwell or Coleman?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If they don't pick Lynch at 15, then I prefer Doctson over all other prospects likely to be available at that spot. Apple and Bell should not go at 15. That is too high. Maybe Jackson but if they go that route then they should trade back..........but damn QB is the main need on this team and the toughest to fill. Many think Lynch has the most upside of any QB in this draft. It will just take him a while to reach it.

Maybe they are just doing due diligence. Or maybe they figure that one of those DBs will be there with the second rounder they got from the Eagles.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Staying at 15 and getting one of the best corners in the draft IS grabbing a playmaker. Then we could go WR/TE in the second.
It gives us insurance, healthy competition and, as we all saw with Jenkins, there's no guarantee we can get Johson back at a good price after the tag. Teams will throw stupid money at good corners.

This team is sorely lacking in the offensive playmakers department. You dont have to spend a first round pick on insurance thats why there is more than 1 round. The Rams drafted Tru in the third when we already had Cortland Finnegan and drafted Jenks one round earlier. That insurance policy worked out perfectly.

Probably not. If Hargreves falls I would be Ok with it. I dont think Apple, McKenzie, or Jackson is significantly better than Treadwell, so I would give him the slight edge because of positional need. I'd take Doctson over all of them

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
DB is very deep in this draft, so that reason alone should be enough not to feel the need to pick one in round 1

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm not drafting a guy that runs as slow as Treadwell that high....So yeah, depending on the corners skills, he's going way ahead of Treadwell.
Coleman is a serious baller...and I'd take HIM, due to our need meets value.....Finally...and I like Doctson better than both...only a lil better than Coleman...

I like that TE from S. Carolina......

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I definitely like that tight end too but 40 time is not all when it comes to WR. Dez Bryant ran a 4.52 and Boldin ran a 4.71, If he turns out like either of them I am all for it! I love Coleman's speed and separation but Treadwell is that big end zone target we have been looking for forever .

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe Snead and Fisher figure they can only afford Tru for one more year and have to get another good corner on the field to pair with Gaines. And if Gaines doesn't return to form they will need two.

There are some good safety prospects in this draft. I would like it if the Rams drafted one of the better ones. I would love to have a future Ed Reed back there that can do it all.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

I would not take a CB that high, and probably any WR's in this class....maybe Doctson. But, I would look into trading back a few spots first.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing the Rams have done with regularity since Snisher has been here is draft guys they've had visits with...

It usually seems like they keep quiet on one or two top prospects but pretty much draft guys who are later round picks that they've had visits with...
The other thing that we can't deny they do in the draft is draft upside guys. Lynch IMO is more likely than Goff or Cook because of his upside. Treadwell, while a good guy really doesn't appear to have much room to grow where a guy like Doctson does appear to have that upside so I'd wager Doctson is higher on the Rams board than Treadwell, hell Braxton Miller might be higher than Treadwell.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I saw that the Rams are meeting with Sterling Shephard WR too. Supposedly like Michael Thomas a lot also.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Screenshot_2016-04-09-07-09-47~2.jpg