Rams getting calls for Langford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@RapSheet: Another name to watch come Tuesday: #Rams DT Kendall Langford. Versatile veteran, replaced as starter in STL, teams making calls for him

-------

Would ya? I'd always listen, but I'd need to be overwhelmed to deal him.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
No, unless I'm blown away by the offer. He's still useful for us in a more limited role, he still gets some snaps, and most importantly I'm not fond of the depth behind him. Carrington hasn't been the player I thought he would be. I guess when Long comes back William Hayes, Eugene Sims, and Ethan Westbrooks will be playing a lot more DT, so we COULD do it if the offer is great. Langford is still one of the better DTs in the league and depending on the team, we could get something worth trading for. But I still wouldn't do it most likely.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He's still young, at 28. One more year on his contract, $6MM for 2015 (cap hit of $7MM due to $1MM remaining of his signing bonus).

iced

uhh hell yea... pick + cap room with his replacement on the roster? where do i sign

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
NO, I would pass.

Currently the 313 pound Kendall Langford gets just as much time on the field as present starters do. Kendall can play both the Brockers post & the Donald post. Veteran Alex Carrington who was a highly sought after UFA DL'er this season has been outplayed by a small UDFA rookie named Ethan Westbrooks. Carrington has shown NOTHING! He has 1 tack thus far. Carrington plays Donald's post & left DE post. If the Rams trade Kendall then who is going to relieve Brockers @ his post ?.......Carrington? Not a good ideal. Conrath who was demoted to the PS looked bad in pre season...Carrington looked worse than Conrath IMO.

If the cap comes into play in a major way then the best plan would be to seek & find a DT/NT Brockers run stopper type prospect in the 2015 draft. Cause Donald ,Carrington, Westbrooks & Conrath does not fill the Brockers role.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Nothing less than a 2. We need the depth and he's a quality starter on just about any other team that they'd need a 1 or 2 to replace...

Edit: Good point about spelling Brockers... another reason that I wouldn't take anything LESS than a 2 which is such a high price for a DT that most teams wouldn't even sniff it. And that's fine with me.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It would have to be a pretty Big offer to even consider it. He's too valuable to the D rotation!! "But I lean toward, NO WAY!!"

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...riots-seahawks-inquire-about-vincent-jackson/

Report: Eagles, Patriots, Seahawks inquire about Vincent Jackson
Posted by Mike Wilkening on October 26, 2014

Several teams have reportedly inquired about the availability of Buccaneers wide receiver Vincent Jackson.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, the Eagles, Patriots and Seahawks are among the “more than four” clubs to have asked about Jackson, the Buccaneers’ leading receiver.

The 31-year-old Jackson is making $10 million this season and is slated to make nearly $10 million in each of the next two seasons, according to Rotoworld data.

The 6-foot-5, 230-pound Jackson has hauled in 25 passes for 344 yards and two touchdowns this season for Tampa Bay, which is in last place in the NFC South at 1-5.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/26/pats-looking-for-a-running-back/

Pats looking for a running back
Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2014

As the trade deadline approaches, the Patriots are indeed looking to upgrade their offense. But not at the receiver position.

Per a league source, the Pats and coach Bill Belichick are looking for a running back.

Stevan Ridley was lost for the season with a torn ACL. Shane Vereen has filled in.

It’s unclear whether the Patriots will pull something off before the trade deadline. They have until Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET to make something happen.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/26/eagles-looking-for-a-safety-in-trade/

Eagles looking for a safety in trade
Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2014

The 5-1 Eagles aren’t fully content with the roster that got them there. With the trade deadline two days away, the Eagles are looking to add a starting-caliber safety, according to a league source.

The Eagles are happy with free safety Malcolm Jenkins, but they’d like to upgrade at the strong safety position, where Nate Allen is currently the starter.

Potential targets aren’t currently known. The first place to look would be the rosters of teams that are, as a practical matter, out of the postseason hunt.

The annual trade deadline expires Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET.

jjab360

Legend
I'd do it for a 3 or 4, Langford doesn't have much of an impact or a future here in St. Louis..

Athos

Legend
2nd rounder or no mass.

If teams are calling about him, we hold all the cards then. We have a great rotation, and it sounds like a team pushing for a playoff run and needs a DT.

For a 2nd rounder? Sure. We need some more OL and LB playmakers next year. That'd help for a trade up.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Nope , unless you want to harm team chemistry gotta be addition by subtraction in season,this team is JUST now coming together off season maybe .
When I saw that Lynch is at odds with the coaches and that the Pats need a back , I thought that was a real possibility

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I doubt that the Rams will make a trade that would clearly weaken them for the rest of this season. So they will have to get a player they want back, and linebacker is the obvious position - a youngish lb that Snisher likes without an expiring contract, plus some sort of pick.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
History shows us there is not much actively at the trading deadline in the NFL and I believe that will be the case again...No reason to trade Langford the Rams depth a defensive tackle is not great especially with Matt Conrath waiting in the wings on the practice squad, where I would like him to stay.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
it would have to be one helluva deal. the Dline is the rock of this team whether its currently playing up to full potential or not. and that rock needs to be there the next year or two when we are fully ready to compete for a championship

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
History shows us there is not much actively at the trading deadline in the NFL and I believe that will be the case again...No reason to trade Langford the Rams depth a defensive tackle is not great especially with Matt Conrath waiting in the wings on the practice squad, where I would like him to stay.

Your so right den. It's not like Brockers has not had lower nagging leg injury issues his first three seasons!

I would think that another element would come into thought too if considering a trade like this ....the Rams standings here just about @ the half way of the season.. Out of the 16 NFC teams the Rams would look up & see 11 teams ahead of them. Rams are also bottom dwellers in the western division. Rams also lost to the NFC bottom dwellers Vikings. So that's one heck of a road to travel to get to one of those playoff spots.

If your thinking you do not need your top 3rd DT and that only back up to Brockers for a non playoff season then you might make that trade. I am not there.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Hell no, he is stout in the run and brings an amazing attitude. I'm with everyone else, I would need to be blown away

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on. We're not getting a 2nd rounder for Langford. That's nuts. My guess at the best offer we'll get...a 5th or 6th rounder.

A lot of you guys are good with cutting Langford this off-season. He's not worth a 2nd.