Rams Draft Haul of 2014, Mack and Roby?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RobertWinn

UDFA
Name
David
Here's a recent mock that doesn't have the Rams trading down and instead staying tight and taking two interesting picks.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

I wouldn't hate the Mack pick, although I would rather trade down and take BPA.

The Roby pick is pretty shocking to me, because I saw him as more of a second round prospect. If that was the pick, why wouldn't you move down to take him?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont want to say never, But I really cant see that happening. That would be horrible IMO

RobertWinn

UDFA
Name
David
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Roby screams Janoris Jenkins to me, and if they want him that's great, but SO early? No value there.

Alan

Legend
I don't know about that R&G. I think Clowney is even less a need because we actually could use a replacement at one of our OLB positions.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Wouldnt mind the Mack pick, he is a force.

Hate, despise, sickening. Those are just some of the ways to describe how I would feel if we grabbed Roby at #13. I dont even want him in the 2nd. Played like absolutely shit. Had a good combine and now hes a first rounder. Dont trust him one bit and would hate this pick. If the Rams pick him at 13 I will be dumbfounded and go into shock. Hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I said before that there wasn't a scenario that would I wouldn't like.....I lied.

This would make me sad.

jjab360

Legend
I like Roby, but he got burnt too many times last year due to a lack of discipline. Has the same problems as Janoris in that he's overconfident in his abilities and gambles and loses way too many times. I don't see him as a top 15 pick at all.

Mack, otoh, is a great pick and my favorite for no.2 overall if Clowney doesn't fall.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
While Mack wouldn't be my first choice I could live with it. Roby would be a huge reach.

V3

Hall of Fame
Why not a Mack fan?

Why would you ever take a SLB for a 4-3 in the top 10 let alone the first round? SLB is not a high value position. I think he'll be good for a 3-4 team as a pass rusher but he's lacking in coverage skills and he isn't the best open field tackler. He's too small to play DE in a 4-3, too. He's a tweener and those types are best suited for a 3-4. I'd HATE it!

V3

Hall of Fame
Almost as far as Clowney is. :whistle:

At least that dude played against some of the best talent in college football and performed well(mostly last year). Mack played two good teams and wasn't good against Baylor. He looked really good rushing the passer in the Ohio St game but he lacked elsewhere, IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Mack is exciting, and scary, at the same time.

For that reason, I'm taking Jake Mathews.

Got to hit on a 2nd overall pick. No margin for error.