Rams “Definitely” Value Austin Blythe

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What will The Rams Offensive Line
look like ? Who will be the Starter?
How many Offensive Line will be on the game day roster? Will The Rams sign any Free Agents, or Draft any Lineman ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Replace Blythe with someone better and the OL will be fixed.

Yeah - it will be nice to cut that Cord.He was never suppose to have been the filler. He held up & was a solid Ram for his cost.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm not a Blythe fan but I am a Jourdan Rodrigue fan... and she's implied they want Blythe back.

Don't shoot the messenger.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not a Blythe fan but I am a Jourdan Rodrigue fan... and she's implied they want Blythe back.

What will happen to Brian Allen ?

Austin Blythe is a center,not a guard so that would‘not surprise me.I think looking at the New Offensiveine coach will be key.Ben Wilkerson if hired should help add change ?

The Rams offensive line has a lot of depth I believe.Brewer is coming back & I think Rob Havenstien with get that Veteran Treatment Wednesday’s with Whitworth.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Ben Wilkerson I believe is being interviewed for the assistant OL job, not the head OL coach.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This may be about run game gameplanning. Which was his other duty.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bill Callahan would be a great hire as OL coach & run game CO. Maybe even as the assistant HC. To get him out of Cleveland
I agree. He and McVay were tight in Washington and brainstorm buddies. Doubt Cleveland lets him go though. No way I would if I'm Cleveland.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I agree. He and McVay were tight in Washington and brainstorm buddies. Doubt Cleveland lets him go though. No way I would if I'm Cleveland.
How would the Browns stop the Rams wanting to promote & hire Bill Callahan as the Offensive Coordinator/OC {Running game & OL coach) with Ben Wilkerson being the assistant OL coach?

Kevin O’Connell retaining title (Passing coordinator & QB coach)?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How would the Browns stop the Rams wanting to promote & hire Bill Callahan as the Offensive Coordinator/OC {Running game & OL coach) with Ben Wilkerson being the assistant OL coach?

Kevin O’Connell retaining title (Passing coordinator & QB coach)?
They don't have to let him go if they don't want to. And OL coaches once they are in place generally aren't going to be allowed to move based on a job title upgrade. Not if they're good at what they do at least.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I thought McVay & Callahan did not work well together in Washington.
I think they were pretty tight Den. There was an article out around the time we hired McVay where it covered a moment in McVay's office where Callahan and him were rapid firing run game ideas and it went on about how they brainstorm together.

I'm surprised McVay didn't make this move last year when BC was available. Pretty sure I said as much too. This is a bit of an outlier IMO something must have happened where they came to an impasse.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm starting to wonder if this is about Gruden. Like maybe he's bringing Jay in under some BS title where he'll still basically be the OC. If that's the case maybe Jay doesn't want Kromer.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They're going to want a low end Center to be on the roster going into the draft. Blythe is a low end center so he does fit that. The key is whether he accepts backup money.

Tano

Legend
Where is that Office Meme where that guy is Screaming No Just NO
And if they do sign Blythe I am going to post this

1613769786146.png

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I thought McVay & Callahan did not work well together in Washington.

I just read a post about O’Connell? Still I see Mcvay bringing in new blood.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think they were pretty tight Den. There was an article out around the time we hired McVay where it covered a moment in McVay's office where Callahan and him were rapid firing run game ideas and it went on about how they brainstorm together.

I'm surprised McVay didn't make this move last year when BC was available. Pretty sure I said as much too. This is a bit of an outlier IMO something must have happened where they came to an impasse.

I hope you're right because I regard Bill Callahan as the best Offensive Line Coach in the NFL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope you're right because I regard Bill Callahan as the best Offensive Line Coach in the NFL.
Man I had to reallllly look for this article. Here's the quote I was alluding to:

It’s a Tuesday night in June, and Washington’s football headquarters are mostly empty. It’s been a few hours since the second day of the team’s final minicamp practice wrapped up, and offensive coordinator Sean McVay is in his spacious corner office, watching film on a flat screen. There’s a light tap on the open door.

It’s Bill Callahan, the coaching lifer who now oversees Washington’s O-line. His eyes are twinkling. Really twinkling, like in a Disney cartoon. He has an idea for a new run play.

From behind his desk McVay leans forward as Callahan draws on a white board. “And so you know how we usually do this against these defensive fronts?” Callahan says. “Well, OK, OK, OK, follow me here. What if we, instead, were to do this?” He redraws the running back’s path to the other side of the formation, and now his eyes are twinkling even more.

So are McVay’s. “I love it,” McVay says, adding that Washington could also use it as a check (an audible) at the line of scrimmage. For the next 10 minutes, McVay, the NFL’s youngest coordinator at 30, and Callahan, a month shy of his 60th birthday, go back and forth, rapid fire, about when and how they can practice this new play; what they’ll tell the guards and centers to do; what they’ll tell the quarterback to look for; and how they’ll instruct the running backs to set up the cut.

Callahan got his first coaching job, at the University of Illinois, six years before McVay was born. He was head coach of the Oakland Raiders in Super Bowl XXXVII, when McVay was 16. Asked whether he has any issue working under someone half his age, Callahan quickly answers no. “[He] is in this position for a reason… he’s earned it.”