Rams cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
That's 14. Did we lose somebody before or do we still need to cut another player?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
By my count, one more to go to reach 75.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I reported a QB that was cut, and I didn't see his name here...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
LB- Herring and FB - Laskey are kind of surprises to me!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
QB Dylan Thompson was cut, per his own tweet

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Last edited:

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I guess this WR battle is going to be decided on Thurs. night.

Yes sir Redding... This WR battle is far from over. It's going to be squeezed like a plump ripe Florida Orange..

every ounce of juice, right down to the last drop!

gifs-animados-futbol-americano-266950.gif

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Legatron4: 782112 said:
Sucks to be a guy like Thompson. Never even given a chance.

Thompson had his chance in practice. If he looked great in practice, granted in limited reps, he would have gotten in a game, but from all eye witness accounts, he showed that he just did not have the necessary tools.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
WR Richardson waived. Him and David Hill signed the same day.

So Hill gets to live a little longer.

Thursday is going to be fun to watch.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Pace Murphy has a real shot
He sure has been more solid than Darrell Williams has. This rookie OLT because of the reserve situation behind GRob is sure to have an abundance of more opportunity now after what we saw last Saturday with Williams dismal performance & Battle's gimpy knee.

It all depends on what Boudreau does to fix the reserve OLT problem.

Last edited:

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
FYI, Austin Davis cut by the Browns. Former Ram, but we all knew that part.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

You are correct flv
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...l-roster-designations-injured-reserve-pup-nfi

Reserve/Did Not Report LIST

This is a pretty straightforward list. A player is played on this list if he fails to report to training camp by the team-specified date. We know that Randy Gregory did not report to camp because he's entered a drug rehab facility, we don't know exactly why Rolando McClain didn't show up.

Teams have fairly draconian measures at their disposal to deal with such no-shows, though they seldom use them to their full extent. Here's former player agent Joel Corry of CBSSports explaining the fines that can be levied at a player on this list.

A team can fine a player a maximum of $30,000 for each day of training camp he misses. A player who signed his contract as an unrestricted free agent can be fined one week's base salary (1/17 of salary) for each preseason game missed in addition to the $30,000 per day.

A team can also recover a portion of a player's signing bonus. Fifteen percent of the prorated amount of signing bonus can be recouped on the sixth day of a training camp holdout. It's one percent for each additional missed day with a maximum of 25 percent of the prorated amount during training camp. An additional 25 percent can be recovered with the first missed regular season game. After four missed weeks, a team can recover 1/17 of the prorated amount for each additional week of the player's absence. The maximum a team can recover in a season is the entire prorated amount of the player's signing bonus in that contract year.

As a team, there's no point in resorting to such heavy-handed tactics if you still want the player to play for you, but if a team is looking to get rid of a player anyway, this might be one way to recoup whatever is left to recoup from that player's contract.

Players on this list do not count towards any of the 90-, 75- or 53-man roster limits.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I haven't been paying much attention to the D-line rotation. Coples was lining up at DT most of the time though, right? I'm rooting for Seau to make it to the end, at least get stashed on the PS.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I haven't been paying much attention to the D-line rotation. Coples was lining up at DT most of the time though, right? I'm rooting for Seau to make it to the end, at least get stashed on the PS.

They might have to keep Seau. Edge rushers are a premium and he's got some ability there. Think he's shown enough that some team will scoop him if the Rams let him go.

Haven't really crunched the DL numbers, been focusing more on the offense. But Seau is cheap, young, and has upside at a critical position. Gonna be very hard to let him go and if it comes down to it I keep him over some of those LBs as the depth at that position is far inferior to DL.