Rams Coaching Interviews:It's official, McVay hired

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wow this week is taking some interesting turns. I definitely underestimated Elway's interest in Joseph. Going with McCoy vice Downing smacks of Elway-induced decision too. And a good one. But McCoy isn't a WCO guy, not that it matters or anything nowadays, particularly with the offensive movement Denver has coming under a young QB, but it does surprise me. Anyway, I don't think Joseph will work out there, but then again I had thought the Kubiak hire was dumb too at the time so wtf do I know, not much apparently.

Ball's in the Rams' court, no doubt about it. They have their choice pretty much. But that said I would move on McVay and Phillips immediately. Here's hoping Demoff doesn't stretch this out too much, as time does matter with these assistant coaches.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Damn, my dream scenario on the offensive side of the ball was McDaniels as HC with McCoy as OC...I realllly don't want Lynn, he has one partial season as a play caller and he didn't exactly light the world on fire.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn, my dream scenario on the offensive side of the ball was McDaniels as HC with McCoy as OC...I realllly don't want Lynn, he has one partial season as a play caller and he didn't exactly light the world on fire.

If the Rams hire Lynn they're morons. He coordinated that partial season running someone else's offense, too, which was installed by Roman that offseason. Dude needs more seasoning, just like Vrabel.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Ball's in the Rams' court, no doubt about it. They have their choice pretty much. But that said I would move on McVay and Phillips immediately. Here's hoping Demoff doesn't stretch this out too much, as time does matter with these assistant coaches.

Yeah. I like the thought of the Shanahans ... but McVay with Phillips as DC is just too appealing. If they think McVay can actually land Phillips, they need to start writing up a contract ASAP.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Things are going really well for us. We probably weren't too interested in these guys that are getting hired.

I have a 21 year bottle of scotch that will be opened this weekend if they hire McVay. But I'm trying to keep my optimism in check here, since it's the Rams we're talking about. Waiting for the other shoe to drop lol.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have a 21 year bottle of scotch that will be opened this weekend if they hire McVay. But I'm trying to keep my optimism in check here, since it's the Rams we're talking about. Waiting for the other shoe to drop lol.

I have one too that will be opened when the Rams hire Kyle Shanahan as their next Head Coach.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I keep checking twitter and here to see if anything has happened. I have this "shit is about to go down" feeling. I hope they don't take too long. New HC has to put together a new offensive and defensive staff

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is going down to the wire and shaping up to be a two horse race IMO...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
No decision unless they feel confident about McVay and he gets an offer from the 9ers.

Otherwise, the Rams still have to interview Shanny and Vrabel and then want to do a few other second interviews.

I couldn't be MORE in the corner for McVay especially since he seems to have someone as esteemed as Wade Philips in his corner. That's just...phenomenal.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
No decision unless they feel confident about McVay and he gets an offer from the 9ers.

Otherwise, the Rams still have to interview Shanny and Vrabel and then want to do a few other second interviews.

I couldn't be MORE in the corner for McVay especially since he seems to have someone as esteemed as Wade Philips in his corner. That's just...phenomenal.

Demoff said all the top guys go around the 14th 15th. Timeline is moving faster than they anticipated, but the good thing is their top guys are still on the board. If they could have interviewed Shanny this weekend this whole thing would be over. However, I still think this will this will get done sooner rather than later Rams have interviewed more people than anyone else and with official hires being made the rams have to pick their guy so he has the best shot of putting the best staff together.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
of course they had to start somewhere but all of the horrible play callers not only had to also start somewhere but how many work out and how many would be as good as the guy we hired because of his play calling?

not saying it couldn't happen but most of the time I don't see it and can the rams really afford to take the risk?

Personally, I trust Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan in that department. I think they know who they can rely on. I think they know their own limitations.