Rams celebrate first Filipino American quarterback through miniseries on team's social channels

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Roman Gabriel was one tough sob. He dished it out to linebackers or anybody else. Was a different game back then.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Roman defined the term "pocket passer" !!! :)

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Interesting that I actually met Roman Gabriel about 10 years ago at a high school football game he was helping to promote.
The area was in North Carolina where they have a lot of Lumbee Indians, (A Native American tribe) and I assumed that he was Lumbee.
I went to school near there with a lot of Lumbee Indians and just assumed he was also Lumbee, based on his physical features.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Interesting that I actually met Roman Gabriel about 10 years ago at a high school football game he was helping to promote.
The area was in North Carolina where they have a lot of Lumbee Indians, (A Native American tribe) and I assumed that he was Lumbee.
I went to school near there with a lot of Lumbee Indians and just assumed he was also Lumbee, based on his physical features.
Racist!! Back in the day, I didn’t think about his race. Never really crossed my mind. I didn’t find out he was Phillipino until I was in my 20s.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Racist!! Back in the day, I didn’t think about his race. Never really crossed my mind. I didn’t find out he was Phillipino until I was in my 20s.
I remember watching him back in the early seventies or maybe even earlier.
Just thought he was another tanned surfer.
At that point I was living in Seal Beach in Orange County.

Hell, I'd be proud to be Native American.
Unfortunately, I'm just a white boy. :)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

LOL

Back in The 808 our neighbors on one side of our house were Filipino. I tried to eat over there every single day. They had 3 full generations of their family under the same roof and the Grandfathers would net their dinner out of the ocean almost everyday. They cooked anything and EVERYTHING that ended up in their nets. It was like trying something that you'd never eaten before each and every night. I couldn't wait to see what they brought home... it was exciting for me as a young kid.

Unfortunately, I learned the ugly part of races growing up over there. There were only 2 Haoles in my whole school and I was technically one of them. Haoles were considered to be the worst race on the planet over there back then... and I know they still are. But I got lucky when we all had to do reports in front of the class about your heritage one year. When everyone found out I am mostly Native American... Mohawk... the true locals didn’t consider me Haole anymore. They believe their land was stolen from them just like the Native Americans. So I'm with you @Soul Surfer ... I'm very proud to be 1st Nation.