Rams announce first cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
I would have liked to see TJ Moe kept over Givens. Givens is overrated in my opinion

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I would have liked to see TJ Moe kept over Givens. Givens is overrated in my opinion

Now I think you're going a little far on that one. Givens has shown he can play, but has dropped off. Replacing him with Moe, who doesn't even bring the same thing that Givens does, is a bit of an oversight.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Now I think you're going a little far on that one. Givens has shown he can play, but has dropped off. Replacing him with Moe, who doesn't even bring the same thing that Givens does, is a bit of an oversight.

To me Givens has hit his ceiling. He hasn't done anything other than score on a whiffed tackle. He doesn't come back to or fight for the ball. I would rather see if someone else has a higher ceiling. JMO

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
To me Givens has hit his ceiling. He hasn't done anything other than score on a whiffed tackle. He doesn't come back to or fight for the ball. I would rather see if someone else has a higher ceiling. JMO

Who's our burner then? Tavon has that 40 yard jitterbug speed, but Givens is our true long range burner.

Remember that Chris wasn't playing to his strength last year. I think he'll be in just for those deep balls this year, because he has slid down the depth chart.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
TJ Moe has shown nothing at all though. At least Givens has made a play or two and has made plays in the past. Moe didn't stand out and didn't deserve the roster spot.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Who's our burner then? Tavon has that 40 yard jitterbug speed, but Givens is our true long range burner.

Remember that Chris wasn't playing to his strength last year. I think he'll be in just for those deep balls this year, because he has slid down the depth chart.

Givens was damn near run down by a line backer at the goal line. We have Britt and Quick who will fight for the ball on deep routes. We have Bailey and Pettis who are hands guys. We have good tight ends and im impressed with the one rookies hands( cant remember his name, sorry) TJ has good hands and if Pettis or Stedman go down I would have liked to seen TJ. With our identity I'm not sold that we need a "burner" who has tailed off alot.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
TJ Moe has shown nothing at all though. At least Givens has made a play or two and has made plays in the past. Moe didn't stand out and didn't deserve the roster spot.

TJ Moe wasn't given much off a chance to show anything in preseason. No idea how he was in camp. I'm just not a Givens guy.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Dill was a no brainer, disappointed that Moe was cut but maybe he will be in tbe practice squad

Athos

Legend
I don't even get why they brought Moe in if they weren't going to feature him enough (at least as much as the UDFA WRs) to see what he could bring.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
TJ Moe wasn't given much off a chance to show anything in preseason. No idea how he was in camp. I'm just not a Givens guy.
who
Fair enough not being a Givens guy but Moe hasn't done anything - so you're not gonna cut a guy whos real fast - like superman fast, has scored TDs in this league and actually set a record for consecutive games with completions over 50 yards for a guy who hasn't proved anything. Maybe Moe will be good - maybe he wont, and maybe Givens has ceilinged out (I don't think he has - hes still young and can obviously work on things like fighting in traffic and running crisper routes) but you aint gonna get an unknown unproved unfathomable to replace that!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Not given much of a chance or not, he didn't make the most of the chances he did have, and I'm sure there was a reason why he didn't get many snaps or chances. I'm not as high on Givens anymore either but you can't expect him to get beat out by a guy who hardly played.

RamzFanz

Damnit
who
Fair enough not being a Givens guy but Moe hasn't done anything - so you're not gonna cut a guy whos real fast - like superman fast, has scored TDs in this league and actually set a record for consecutive games with completions over 50 yards for a guy who hasn't proved anything. Maybe Moe will be good - maybe he wont, and maybe Givens has ceilinged out (I don't think he has - hes still young and can obviously work on things like fighting in traffic and running crisper routes) but you aint gonna get an unknown unproved unfathomable to replace that!

Givens hasn't shown speed, separation, hands, or heart in a long long time. I don't know if you keep Moe over him, but I for one don't keep him if there is any talent or potential behind him. And that is coming from a guy who was big Givens fan.

Those 50+ yard passes came from Bradford. Even if Givens were still the player we hoped he was, who's going to throw those balls? Not Hill. Hill throws tall arches and needs receivers who will fight for the ball.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
who
WHOA NELLIE!!!! The one thing Chris Givens has NOT done with any consistency is score TDs. He has THREE in 25 starts, and 31 games he has played in. All this talk of him taking the top off of defenses is actually tiresome, because he hasn't done it other than in those now infamous games in his rookie season. For what it's worth, his 75 yard TD catch and run this past week never happens come Sept. because THAT route and role be Tavon Austin's once they count.

He is, and will be relegated to spot duty, and IMO, will be in serious jeopardy, once Bailey gets back from his suspension. Especially with the injury situation likely to cause some disproportionate numbers as far as the roster is concerned.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Not given much of a chance or not, he didn't make the most of the chances he did have, and I'm sure there was a reason why he didn't get many snaps or chances. I'm not as high on Givens anymore either but you can't expect him to get beat out by a guy who hardly played.

I hear ya. Great points to. I've just watched the game a couple times now and the more I watch Givens the more I dislike his play.