QB Bryce Perkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
With the injuries to Goff and the Wolf, I think it a good idea. If he is playing, it will be a desperate attempt to get to the off-season.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the injuries to Goff and the Wolf, I think it a good idea. If he is playing, it will be a desperate attempt to get to the off-season.
Hard to imagine Perkins is active over Bortles.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Well, for those not liking QB threads, wait till the draft, when I will be pounding the table for Kyle Trask or Jamie Newman...Bryce Perkins is highly intelligent and has the ability to extend plays, won some games on his own, so, maybe the Rams won't draft a QB in 2021 because of the development of Perkins.

He also dons #5 and I always liked that number for a QB, FWIW, plus I become much smarter every time @Memphis Ram posts.

View attachment 42898

View attachment 42899
I can't imagine Trask being available when the Rams pick (64th overall) first. I love him, but I think a lot of teams are gonna feel the same....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I can't imagine Trask being available when the Rams pick (64th overall) first. I love him, but I think a lot of teams are gonna feel the same....

Probably right, but usually after an initial run, things cool down at a position and Trask might be the least mobile of the bunch, although, IMO, he ran when needed at Florida.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably right, but usually after an initial run, things cool down at a position and Trask might be the least mobile of the bunch, although, IMO, he ran when needed at Florida.
I think he'll be a 1st rounder, hard to look past that production in the SEC.
On a side note, is Brock Purdy from Iowa St. coming out?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well... I'd like to share a little for all of the Trask fans I'm seeing....

1) The All Time gator lover Steve Spurrier said something very revealing about Trask this week. He believes that Trask could have a long NFL career under one condition... he'll possibly have a long NFL career if he can get with a team that needs a serviceable backup QB. That's the ceiling that the Ole Ball Coach gives him... and keep in mind, he usually rates any gator player way higher than anyone else.

2) One of my sons is friends with Felipe Franks. That's the gator QB that Trask used to sit on the bench because of. He says the same thing about Trask only ever being a backup... but he meant that in college.

Anyway... I know he's got a great story. Maybe he'll prove all the doubters wrong and become a star in the NFL. I wouldn't bet on it though. Especially after hearing 2 gator homers saying what a great backup QB he is.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, for those not liking QB threads, wait till the draft, when I will be pounding the table for Kyle Trask or Jamie Newman...Bryce Perkins is highly intelligent and has the ability to extend plays, won some games on his own, so, maybe the Rams won't draft a QB in 2021 because of the development of Perkins.

He also dons #5 and I always liked that number for a QB, FWIW, plus I become much smarter every time @Memphis Ram posts.

View attachment 42898

View attachment 42899

My choice is Desmond Ridder of Cincinnati. Super athletic, strong arm. He's had injury issues (shoulder), along with accuracy issues related to those injuries, but honestly, he reminds me a bit of Deshaun Watson.

If he comes out this year, I'd be all over him with a third round compensatory pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My choice is Desmond Ridder of Cincinnati. Super athletic, strong arm. He's had injury issues (shoulder), along with accuracy issues related to those injuries, but honestly, he reminds me a bit of Deshaun Watson.

If he comes out this year, I'd be all over him with a third round compensatory pick.

He's returning to school.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He's returning to school.

Yeah, figured as much. Shit. Well, there's always next year. I think he makes a huge jump if he's healthy, though. And at least my two wide receiver picks are seniors. No returning to school for them.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really hope so. Of course, it means nothing if didn't actually get a few plays. Maybe some of the Wolford package. I find it hard to believe that the Packers would have prepared for or be ready for this kid.
I find it hard to believe they need to worry about being ready for a QB that's been on the practice squad all year.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I find it hard to believe they need to worry about being ready for a QB that's been on the practice squad all year.

Exactly. Which is why they wouldn't be prepared if the Rams had a package of plays for him Saturday.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. Which is why they wouldn't be prepared if the Rams had a package of plays for him Saturday.
My point just did a fly by and you completely missed it :) There's no need for them to worry about him even if he does for some reason get on the field.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
So lemme get this straight, you are seriously advocating a 2020 Free Agent QB whom hasn’t taken an NFL snap, nor had a preseason... be game planned a few plays week 2 playoffs on the road vs a number 1 seed coming off a bye?