Pujols haters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
For the life of me I can't figure out why Pujols is hated by so many STL fans. It could be CardsTalk, but still can't be even appreciated for his decade there? It's not like he pulled a LeOverrated and announced his "decision" on his own special. He didn't go to win a championship w/ other guys, he already has 2. I still like the guy and I don't enjoy a steroid-free great struggle like this. This was the man who got me into Cardinals baseball when he hit the McDonald's sign. It's realliy a spit in the face to someone who spent all that time as a Cardinal.

Or maybe it's just CardStalk.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's CardStalk. Just like if you spend a week on RamStalk, you'd think everybody hates Bradford.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I have no hatred for the guy. He wanted to get paid as the best baseball player in the world over a ten-year deal. The Cardinals organization wanted him to take a five-year deal. In the end, both parties got what they wanted. Pujols had the money he deserved, and the Cardinals moved in a different direction without crippling themselves financially.

I don't hate Albert. His wife, however, is an entirely different story.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
For the life of me I can't figure out why Pujols is hated by so many STL fans. It could be CardsTalk, but still can't be even appreciated for his decade there? It's not like he pulled a LeOverrated and announced his "decision" on his own special. He didn't go to win a championship w/ other guys, he already has 2. I still like the guy and I don't enjoy a steroid-free great struggle like this. This was the man who got me into Cardinals baseball when he hit the McDonald's sign. It's realliy a spit in the face to someone who spent all that time as a Cardinal.

Some people always disliked him, the number grew every year. Each had their own reasons. Haters hate.
Throw in the jilted lovers who felt betrayed when he took what he thought was a more lucrative offer and left all this tradition and you start to get hate fest.
Then there is a group who doesn't hate Pujols at all and thank him for all the great years, but we wept with joy when he took his 3 years of declining skills to the Angels instead of signing a franchise crippling contract with the Cards. That's not really hate, but I can see how it would be interpreted as hate. It's more of a amusement at the Angels and what the future beholds.

RamStalk is the minor league of hate compared to CardStalk.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
It's CardStalk. Just like if you spend a week on RamStalk, you'd think everybody hates Bradford.

But Pujols is an STL legend. Bradford isn't there...yet.

Memento said:

Oooh please tell. :p

Yamahopper said:
Angry Ram said:

Some people always disliked him, the number grew every year. Each had their own reasons. Haters hate.
Throw in the jilted lovers who felt betrayed when he took what he thought was a more lucrative offer and left all this tradition and you start to get hate fest.
Then there is a group who doesn't hate Pujols at all and thank him for all the great years, but we wept with joy when he took his 3 years of declining skills to the Angels instead of signing a franchise crippling contract with the Cards. That's not really hate, but I can see how it would be interpreted as hate. It's more of a amusement at the Angels and what the future beholds.

Pujols didn't even do a Brett Favre to make ppl hate him. Yeah I get the business side of it, and that's a very valid reason to not wanted him resigned. I also had a feeling that Cards would be better off, but still can't deny what he's done in his time @ Busch Stadium.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
X said:

But Pujols is an STL legend. Bradford isn't there...yet.

Memento said:

Yamahopper said:
Angry Ram said:

Pujols didn't even do a Brett Favre to make ppl hate him. Yeah I get the business side of it, and that's a very valid reason to not wanted him resigned. I also had a feeling that Cards would be better off, but still can't deny what he's done in his time @ Busch Stadium.

People hate who ever they hate for what ever reasons they chose. I saw it as early as 2002 fans hating on him and it just grew from there. Just like Warner, Bruce had haters so did Pujols. Much like Ramstalk most of the hate is brought on by just a few myopic misguided Aholes not the great fans.

I think most everyone thanks him for all the great he did for the team. Most fans support him even now and understand his decision to move on which benefits all the parties.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
The Angels offered a significantly higher dollar figure. He had to take the offer. I dont hate him for that, but I certainly dont root for him to succeed. Now I hope he doesnt play well, not because of the man, but because of the size of the contract. When teams start throwing around money like that it makes it hard for small markets to compete.

The only thing that makes me detest Pujols in the slightest is the clause in his contract that essentially forces him to remain an Angel for 10 years after the deal expires. To me thats kinda like selling your soul.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Memento

Name
Jemma
steferfootball said:
Memento said:
Angry Ram said:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/12/13/muller-since-when-is-130-million-an-insult/

Basically, she called the Cardinals offer "an insult" to them. I think that she was a primary reason why he left. I think that she's not nearly as charitable as her husband.
I mean compared to what he got....

I'm currently looking for a job that can adequately pay my bills. Hell, I'd love to have the kind of money that she was "insulted" by. I don't know what kind of delusional fantasy world she's living in, but I find it insulting that she thinks that 150 million dollars is an "insult".

She completely ruined her husband's reputation with those words. Eleven years of charity, and it goes up in flames because of what she said. I have no hatred for Pujols at all, but I can't stand his wife.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Memento said:
steferfootball said:
Memento said:
Angry Ram said:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/12/13/muller-since-when-is-130-million-an-insult/

Basically, she called the Cardinals offer "an insult" to them. I think that she was a primary reason why he left. I think that she's not nearly as charitable as her husband.

I'm currently looking for a job that can adequately pay my bills. Hell, I'd love to have the kind of money that she was "insulted" by. I don't know what kind of delusional fantasy world she's living in, but I find it insulting that she thinks that 150 million dollars is an "insult".

She completely ruined her husband's reputation with those words. Eleven years of charity, and it goes up in flames because of what she said. I have no hatred for Pujols at all, but I can't stand his wife.

I concur ...

steferfootball

Starter
Memento said:
steferfootball said:
Memento said:
Angry Ram said:

If she wants to be offended, why do I care? Why should her words ruin the reputation of someone else? If someone has the option of earning a whole bunch of money or earning a whole bunch more money, who am I to fault him for taking the cash?

Memento

Name
Jemma
steferfootball said:
Memento said:
steferfootball said:
Memento said:
Angry Ram said:

If she wants to be offended, why do I care? Why should her words ruin the reputation of someone else? If someone has the option of earning a whole bunch of money or earning a whole bunch more money, who am I to fault him for taking the cash?

Again, I don't have a problem with him taking the money. It's his right. My problem is with her saying that she was insulted that he was offered 150 million dollars as opposed to 250 million. Most people are barely getting enough to scrape by. It shows how out of touch she is with the reality of today's economy, and it makes me absolutely furious that someone can be so ignorant to the struggles that regular people face.

As for the reputation? Good reputations take years of hard work to build up, but it only takes a few seconds to destroy one. In Albert's case, he wasn't the one who destroyed his reputation; the only thing that was needed was one delusional comment from his wife.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wonder if she hangs out with Brenda?

steferfootball

Starter
Memento said:
steferfootball said:
Memento said:
steferfootball said:
Memento said:
Angry Ram said:

Again, I don't have a problem with him taking the money. It's his right. My problem is with her saying that she was insulted that he was offered 150 million dollars as opposed to 250 million. Most people are barely getting enough to scrape by. It shows how out of touch she is with the reality of today's economy, and it makes me absolutely furious that someone can be so ignorant to the struggles that regular people face.

As for the reputation? Good reputations take years of hard work to build up, but it only takes a few seconds to destroy one. In Albert's case, he wasn't the one who destroyed his reputation; the only thing that was needed was one delusional comment from his wife.
Fair enough. I disagree, but that is what it is.

I still don't understand why his wife's comment destroys his reputation.