Prisco's NFL Week 5 predictions: Vikings, Patriots, Ravens, Rams are best bets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...s-vikings-patriots-ravens-rams-are-best-bets/

There's nothing like three turnovers in the final six minutes of a game to blow a 13-point lead and a sure win against the spread to sully a good weekend picking games.

Thanks, Chargers.

If San Diego holds onto the football -- and its lead -- I go 4-1 as part of Team Oddshark in the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook contest. That's after the 0-5 record the week before.

But, no, the Chargers gagged down the stretch, fumbled away a victory, and cost me a big-time, bounce-back week.

Terrible.

But that 3-2 week gives me hope moving forward. I come out of the first quarter of the season 8-12, which isn't good. But after 0-5 a week ago, I'll take it. Plus Nick Kostos, my colleague at CBS Sports, went 1-4. That makes 3-2 easier to take because it shuts his mouth for a week.

Now on to my Week 5 picks, which features five favorites.

Vikings minus 6.5: This isn't as much a pick with the Vikings as it is a pick against the Texans. The only other time they played on the road this season, the Patriots killed them. This won't be as bad, but I just don't like Brock Osweiler against that Minnesota defense. Vikings stay hot.

Patriots minus 10.5: Tom Brady's back. Did you hear? Tom Brady's back. Yes, that Tom Brady against that Cleveland Browns defense? Mismatch. Blowout.

Ravens minus 4: The Redskins have all kinds of issues on defense. And while Joe Flacco hasn't exactly lit things up, I think he will here. The Ravens are getting better on defense and they will get to Kirk Cousins. The Ravens win and cover in the Beltway Battle.

Rams minus 2: Let's see. We had a big high for the Bills last week in beating the Patriots on the road. With Rex Ryan as coach, that means a big low is coming. It doesn't help that it's a long road trip after a short division roadie last week. The Rams aren't great, but they are really good on defense. That plays here. Rams take it.

Packers minus 7.5: The schedule-maker was cruel to the Giants. They played a non-division road Monday night game and now must go on the road again for a non-division game against a team coming off a bye. Gross. The Packers will get that offense going here like they did in the first half against the Lions two weeks ago.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm WORRIED NOW! I only disagree with Prisco on one game! I don't like the Raven's in this week-ends game!
I hate agreeing with Prisco on anything!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Scares me when the know nothing sport pimps agree with me....I.E., where did I go wrong?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Put $200 on the Vikes, they're gonna win by 10+ with that defense. Dorkweiler is not ready for the A gap assault he's gonna face, his big goofy @$$ is gonna be eatin some dirt.

Oh and not touching the Rams game this weekend. Gonna be stressed enough as it is watching our offense 3 and out against a very good defense. Hope our D annihilates Buffalo's offense.