Post loss vent thread -READ THE RULES

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
bskrilla said:
And while he may have missed a couple throws throughout the game I am absolutely loving Bradford this year. The kid has the fire, and is playing some great football. That 24 yard run he had, as well as the one right after where he got blown up were nice to see. He was going to put the team on his shoulders and lead them down the field.

Now if we can get more of that earlier in the game.

The play calling in the first half is like they are playing scared. Not Sam, the coaches. Let Sam play his hurry up offense and shred the D. Play with some urgency for farts sake!

xander47

Rookie
Liked:
- Pead's hands
- the first TD? the pick for Pettis. Absolute perfect execution.
- Offensive line kept Bradford up for the most part
- no huddle
- Quick's weekly one catch and run
- Tavon making catches
- the defense in the second half, mostly like the adjustments they make, just wish it'd come sooner

Disliked:
-Absolutely hated the field position, especially Cunningham's decision to run it out on the first kick off.
- Hated the play calling at the beginning. if anything run the ball more. Your defense just gave up a TD and you're on the road. Can't go 3 and out. Passing and missing on first down (even though kendricks dropped the easy pass) makes it really predictable that you're going to run it on 2nd down.
- Really really wish they'd run Pead
- Richardson is great, but he's no number 1 back. I still want to see Pead run a regular screen. That's all I want. Some blocking up front and space. At least blocking on 3rd down and then check down.
- Cunningham missing 3rd and 1.
- Finnegan looked bad again.
- Anyone see the coverage? I like the idea of getting the ball out fast, but I didn't like the dump offs. They had rookie corners. I want to see them challenged. And I heard sometimes Austin was on a LB?
- Do they have any plays other than TEs in the flat or receivers running slants? I swear that's all they ever run when they need a first down
- Soft defense soft defense soft defense

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Ok, I think I'm cooled down now but my blood pressure may still be a bit high :yeh:

First, the DISLIKES:

Special Teams, Special Teams, Special Teams! I'm probably more upset at this than the passing def. We can't can't expect to win games if we start inside the 15 on every drive, and I don't think we started outside the 20 until after halftime! Does anyone on ST know how to block? Holding, illegal block in the back, holding illegal block in the back. What's the point of drafting TA if he doesn't have a chance to return one.

Another thing, TA should return kicks, too! It's not that much of an increase in workload because most of them aren't returned anyway. David Wilson has kickoff duties in addition to RB. People say he is too small and may get hurt. I wanna see a stat on how many kick returners were injured the past few years because I don't believe it's noteworthy. Brandon Banks was one of the more dangerous returners and he may be smaller than Austin.

Secondly, the secondary needs to be physical and play man to man.

-The will to continue playing competitively
-Pass protection
-AP, CG
-Run Def

RamsNation

Rookie
Sam looked good,but once again another pick six.While it wasn't his "fault" I still rather him just throw that away because he was setting up Drich to get blasted.Drich might not be the answer at RB or we need to dial back the carries he gets and either divide them with Pead or take a more Green Bay approach and use the short passing game as an extension of the run.The run game isn't productive and we get terrible yardage per play almost like wasted downs.We took SJ for granted and how he could make positive yards on every carry,it's time to make the hurry up a focal part of the offense.Our O in the 2nd half looked damn near unstoppable once we got into the up tempo stuff.It works do it more often and then it might help soften the box for the run game when they back off.Tavon needs to used more effectively,all this secrecy about the special plays for him i haven't seen anything.We are basically hitting him with dink and dunks.I haven't seen tape of him or anything,is he getting blanketed to the point we feel he isn't worth sending past 10 yards??Because it looks all he runs is short routes.And for his speed I wonder why he doesn't get more separation,I'm gonna credit that to the adjustment of NFL defenders and him being a rookie.But I've seen progress from week 1-2,but his hands had me a little nervous.I thought he was more sure handed than what I've seen so far but hopefully it's just nerves and settling in.As for the D,this soft coverage is killing us.I wanna see more press to disrupt timing our D line is getting great pressure.If our DB's could give them 1-2 more secs with the bump and run I think we double our sack totals at this point.Quinn is 1/2 sec late on 6/10 plays from getting to the QB.Finnegan needs to step up his coverage game,he is just flat out getting beat.He started this trend towards the end of last year but I was hoping it was a fluke.Lets hope it's just a rough start and not a trend.Other than that the D just needs to step it up and get off the field on 3rd down.They are on the field entirely to much and it shows with these long drives.Wow talk about a rant and that's not even everything but I feel like that's enough from me right now lol.Rams all day baby!!!!!

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
mr.stlouis not seeing that play like me:
The FRUSTRATING part was the pick 6 that wasn't even Bradford's fault for the second week in a row.
That was a play that I actually saw because it's a high light and I disagree with your take on it. You can't throw a ball 80 MPH to a guy only a few feet away from you. The infamous "lack of touch" on Sam's part rearing it's ugly head again IMO.

fearsomefour

Legend
Two plays turned this game in my opinion. Jenkins inability to not bite will continue to haunt this D if he cant get it together. Either it is just how he plays and we are stuck with it (his value is still worth it in my opinion) or his play is selfish. In other words his desire to make a giant play overrides his ability to play disciplined football. I dont know what the case is, but, that play just killed us. Also, the pick 6. Bradford drilled a ball to a covered receiver. Hindsight is easy but the best case for that play was a no gain if he caught the ball. Either Bradford didnt see the defender (understandable) or he saw him and tried to drill to a guy a couple yards a way (mistake).
Hopefully the tone of the first two games is not how it will go the whole season....starting slowly and having to come from way behind. I would like to see a no huddle implemented early in Dallas. This is the best thing the O has done this year.

I see not much seperation from the WRs. Givens on crossing routes and check downs is about the passing game was Sunday. Pettis had a nice game. Offense still seems a bit out of sorts, not surprising really. As it stands now I see no way the Rams can beat Seattle or SF for that matter. But, a lot can change in a couple of weeks.

Cunningham brought nothing to the game on Sunday. Time to get Pead some carries and see what he can do.

The O has scored 51 point thru two weeks....a vast improvement from last year esp considering it is not clicking on all cylinders. The D has given up 41 points (not counting the pick 6s) over two weeks. The passing D seems content to imploy bend and dont break, I dont have a problem with that other than it shortens the opportunities your O has. It allows teams to practive some ball control, so, when they get sudden points like Atlanta with 14 on Sunday it just kills ya. I stll believe that if the big plays (turnovers) can be eliminated and the D can hold teams to 20-23 points a game we should win most of those games.

RamzFanz

Damnit
What I saw was a team just a little experience and better coaching away from being able to blow teams out.

Losing to Atlanta away by a single score after that horrible first half is just a lesson learned if the coaches are willing to take responsibility for the loss.

I don't agree with the soft passing D. I hate the penalties. TA needs return blocking.

Bradford is playing at a high level and leading. The talent level is as deep as hoped.

I didn't see anything in this game that can't be ironed out quickly IF the coaching is willing.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I counted no less than 5 batted balls in that game. THAT is Sam telegraphing his passes along with a poor release angle. This is something that NEEDS to be corrected, but I do not see him being able to do it. It is who he is. The pick 6 was evey bit as much his fault as DRich. Maybe more so. Just watched the game again and kinda wish I hadn't. So many of the same old problems rearing their heads again. Schott coordinated 1 and a half quarters of offensive football today, and 2.5 quarters of TRULY offensive football. He should refund his game check accordingly. JJ is not BPOT, unless that stands for Big Play Other Team.

/rant

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Finnegan couldn't cover a whipped cream pie on a chair right now.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Why does anyone think Tony Siragusa is relevant enough to be on TV still?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Username forgetting what's important:
Why does anyone think Tony Siragusa is relevant enough to be on TV still?
I need him to show me how to protect my manhood from occasional leaks. :ww: