Poll: How often do you want to see Thursday games?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How often do you want to see Thursday games?

• Every week

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Every other week

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Once per month

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Thanksgiving only

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Personally I'd like to see them gone, gone, gone(except for Thanksgiving). Players haven't healed up from the previous Sunday game. This makes for mediocre football, for the most part, and increases the chance of injuries. Plus there's the whole over-saturation thing.
*******************************************************************************************
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/26/how-often-do-you-want-to-see-thursday-games/

How often do you want to see Thursday games?
Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2016

I personally like Thursday Night Football, because I prefer watching one and only one football game at a time. Plenty of people don’t, especially since the every-week nature of it now involves forgettable matchups like this week’s Jaguars-Titans barnburner.

For a long time, the only Thursday football came on Thanksgiving with maybe one other special occasion elsewhere in the season. (At one point, the NFL avoided playing a Sunday night game against the World Series, moving that week’s game moving to Thursday night.) Now, nearly every week has a Thursday night game, with every team in the NFL at one point every season playing on a Sunday and then only four days later on a Thursday.

Is that what you, the fan, wants? The NFL assumes you do, under the theory that if one aspirin is good, the whole bottle is better.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Thanksgiving only. And give the Thanksgiving teams a bye the week before.

Hate, hate, hate the Thursday night games. Never watch them, they are almost always crap.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
It's my opinion that Thursday games are trash. The players don't look prepared and you get boring mistake riddled football as a result.

I do love Turkey bowl though!

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I voted yes because it gives some teams national TV time that maybe they won't get the rest of the year. I get the injury thing and not enough rest because of short week, but on the other hand it's a long week after.
I like watching games on Thursday night at least till half time.
Some games aren't good match up's either but you don't know that going into setting up the schedule.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I just don't give a shit about them to be honest... I used to not watch them because I worked nights and was busy during them, now I don't watch them because I just don't care.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Thanksgiving only. Tho if they could find a way to have only the bottom feeders to play each other on Thu. I'd be good with it to keep them off Sundays.

Thursday games are here to stay otherwise the NFL's TV revenue will shrink.
And Saturday evening games are coming in the future. Follow the cash.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
It's Thursday overload right now. If the NFL was actually interested in the quality instead of the cash they get for sharing the broadcast rights they could do it much better.

• Opening week is great. Matching up a Super Bowl team with another top 5 team makes for a great kickoff to the season.
  • One game in late October would be good as well. Make sure it's two teams with a high probability of being top teams. Give it to whichever Super Bowl team from the previous year didn't play on Thursday of week 1 if it makes sense. Both teams should be on bye the week before.
  • Thanksgiving. Two games. (Note to the NFL. You don't have to schedule NFC North teams to play the Lions and the Cowboys every year) All four teams should be bye the week before. I don't mind the third late game, but again, it requires two more teams having byes the week before.
That's just wishful thinking though.The NFL loves the fact that fans know Thursday night means football almost every week. Even if they don't know who's playing they turn on the TV because they know a game is on.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Outside of the Rams playing, I honestly cant remember the last time I watched a Thursday night game.
Love them on Turkey day but that's it.
Frankly, with all the recent rule changes as a result of awareness to player safety, I'm surprised that they allow it.
Playing an NFL game on short rest just seems diametrically opposed to player safety

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I'm okay with once a month. This way the "No Fun League" can schedule better games. Between Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday games, most have been real stinkers. I'd like to see them go back to Sunday and the Monday night game, along with the traditional Thanksgiving games. I really miss the Monday night hi-lights from years ago. They would spend 5-10 minutes showing game hi-lights during halftime. Now we see about 2 minutes only to listen to Gruden profess how great he is during the rest of the halftime. Add to this Sunday night games with Michaels and Collinsworth... mind numbing to say the least.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Personally I'd like to see them gone, gone, gone(except for Thanksgiving). Players haven't healed up from the previous Sunday game. This makes for mediocre football, for the most part, and increases the chance of injuries. Plus there's the whole over-saturation thing.
I check Marked, Every Thursday, Because I like watching Football games, BUT!! I do agree with you Prime Time!
I wish the NFL would go back to having Saturday games IF they want more TV Market time! And The Players would get more rest, Not get hurt as often, and I think viewership would go up on Saturdays! JMHO

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I check Marked, Every Thursday, Because I like watching Football games, BUT!! I do agree with you Prime Time!
I wish the NFL would go back to having Saturday games IF they want more TV Market time! And The Players would get more rest, Not get hurt as often, and I think viewership would go up on Saturdays! JMHO
I don't think the networks want the NFL to go up against NCAA football.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I can't get enough NFL football. I want them every Thursday night.

I think every team now has to has one during the season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Opening week and Thanksgiving is fine.

But like others have said; I can't think of the last time I watched a Thursday night game unless the Rams were playing. I just don't care for it.

This says nothing to the safety concern of playing on short rest, which is real. A good example of the league saying one thing, but doing another.

…..

Legend
Teams playing on Thursday should do so only after a bye week.

I think the quality of play in Thursdays with 2 days to prepare is a little off.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I'm in the dislike Thursday games, except for opening day & Thanksgiving camp. The Thursday product being put on the field is definitely inferior and the visiting team is at a competitive disadvantage. If a team plays on Sunday, they have Monday for film review and treatment after the game, Tuesday will be the only day of full prep and even then it usually won't be in full pads, Wednesday is a travel day with a walk-thru in the morning before flying to the game. This year the home team is 5-2 and one of the road team wins was the Cardinals over the 49er's, the only real anomaly is the Jets beating the Bills in week 2.

Another by-product of the NFL Thursday night game is missing NCAA football. It's still on, but not the quality matches there used to be. Enjoyed seeing some teams I might not otherwise see.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I agree with others...Thanksgiving only, that's it! For player safety reasons alone, they need to stop the madness, plus it sucks for Fantasy too.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Most of the time I like Thursday night football but...
IMG_0651.JPG

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
F__K The Net works! I don't watch NCAA Football except for Bowl games anyway, and not many of them!
Really?
Not me. I love my NFL Sundays but College Football Saturdays are the bomb. Without an NFL ticket of expensive cable package there is easily 10-15 games to watch