Plenty of FAs left guys.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I know we all wanted to sign the big FAs but, guys like Alex Mack, Thomas Decoud, Hakeem Nicks, Captain Munnerlyn, Charles Tillman, Jason Hatcher, Eric Decker, DRC, James Jones and the list goes on. Still lots of guys left who we could sign. Patience Ram bros.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Yup, plenty of guys that can help shape the roster and have a positive impact still available.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
My biggest concern right now is what's left at Guard.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Barrett Jones. A guy who would have been a 2nd or even late 1st rounder if not for foot injury.
I've thought about that... I had heard he's a better Center than a Guard. Maybe I heard wrong though.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'd be pretty happy with Davin Joseph and Chris Clemens.
Part of me wants them to take a shot at Walter Thurmond too.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
GET ME MACK!!!
Wouldn't we be spending a huge amount of money on possibly the only O-line position we have a starter AND depth? Wells, Jones, Barnes. Add Mack? I sure wouldn't mind having him but...

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Wouldn't we be spending a huge amount of money on possibly the only O-line position we have a starter AND depth? Wells, Jones, Barnes. Add Mack? I sure wouldn't mind having him but...
It would possibly free up a center to play guard.

As frequently said, there are other possible ways to address the guard crisis without drafting a top ten tackle to play the position for who knows how long. Even if the Rams don't take an FA guard.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Rams go shopping for FA's at hospitals and old folks home's
Alright, we're all a bit frustrated here. Can we save the silly comments like this for the PD site?

The sky is falling pessimistic stuff is tiresome for something that is supposed to be a hobby...be a more productive poster than that.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler

Cut Wells, use his $4mill plus savings to help sign Mack, audition Jones at right guard, and worse comes to shove Jones becomes depth all over the line.

Roll out: Long, Robinson, Mack, Jones/Gabe Jackson/Brandon Thomas, Barksdale

BOOM!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It would possibly free up a center to play guard.

As frequently said, there are other possible ways to address the guard crisis without drafting a top ten tackle to play the position for who knows how long. Even if the Rams don't take an FA guard.
So it's ok to spend likely $12 million/year on a FA Center where we have a starter AND depth but not use a couple high picks that would cost us less than half of that figure combined on high end talent that could very well end the need to use the draft to address this area for years to come? An area BTW where we have virtually no depth and possibly 4 out of 5 starters if you count on Jones (more likely a projected center) as being one of them. Leaving Mike Person, Sean Hooey, and Brandon Washington as our entire pool of depth at this point as Barnes would have to take on some sort of starting roll.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Mack has been tagged by the Browns. Find another C. Iyam, B.Jones is our guy
Means he is guaranteed a little over $10 mil for one year and the Browns have the right to match any offer. I may be wrong but a I also believe that if a team does match, they also lose a draft pick. I'd have to look at that more - or maybe someone here knows. for sure

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Means he is guaranteed a little over $10 mil for one year and the Browns have the right to match any offer. I may be wrong but a I also believe that if a team does match, they also lose a draft pick. I'd have to look at that more - or maybe someone here knows. for sure
No draft pick compensation on the Transition tag.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Cut Wells, use his $4mill plus savings to help sign Mack, audition Jones at right guard, and worse comes to shove Jones becomes depth all over the line.

Roll out: Long, Robinson, Mack, Jones/Gabe Jackson/Brandon Thomas, Barksdale

BOOM!!
Jackson and Thomas both are likely to go in the 2nd. Next season you still have $12 mil tied up in Mack with $10.5+ tied up in Long, and you have to try to retain Barks while re-upping Quinn and a few other hopeful future stars. I like the idea of the two guards you have pegged. Not sure how it all works out in the future cap scene though.

First contracts are going to be cheaper and you can then stretch out the cap hits while having elite talent on your line. I would really like to see us put the O-line mostly out of our collective minds for at least a few years. It's one of my main reasons for wanting to go O-line at top of the draft and with at least one more near the top.