Playoff GDT: Packers @ Redskins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I hope you're right about Washington. I want Fish to be able to interview Van Pelt and he'll be available if the Packers are eliminated.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I hope you're right about Washington. I want Fish to be able to interview Van Pelt and he'll be available if the Packers are eliminated.

Tried to interview Van Pelt last year and the Packers denied Permission I'm sure they won't grant permission again this year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tried to interview Van Pelt last year and the Packers denied Permission I'm sure they won't grant permission again this year.

His contract is up after this season. Or was. And I have not seen an extension for him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
His contract is up after this season. Or was. And I have not seen an extension for him.

Looks like you're right, good catch, he be should available.

Jan. 21, 2015
Green Bay — Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy have denied a request from the St. Louis Rams to interview quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt for an offensive coordinator's position, according to an NFL source.

The Packers are intent on keeping Van Pelt, who replaced Ben McAdoo as quarterbacks coach in 2014 and helped quarterback Aaron Rodgers have one of his best seasons.

Van Pelt, like McAdoo a year ago before taking a position as the New York Giants' offensive coordinator, is considered an up-and-comer in the coaching ranks.

The fact the Rams wanted to interview him despite him having coached quarterbacks for just one season is an indication of how well he is regarded.

The source did not know if anyone else had requested permission to interview Van Pelt.

Teams need to ask the Packers' permission to interview Van Pelt because he is under contract through next year. The only time a team doesn't have to ask for permission to interview an assistant coach is if the job is for head coach.

Van Pelt's next decision will be whether to accept the security of adding another year to his deal or playing out his contract in 2015.

Thompson and McCarthy have a long history of denying teams permission to interview their assistant coaches. Tom Clements, Edgar Bennett, Joe Whitt, Darren Perry, James Campen and McAdoo were all denied chances to interview with other teams.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/289332681.html

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Why has RGIII not been dressed all season? If they're not even going to have him be a backup they should have traded him to at least get something. Don't get it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Having him on the bench probably saves the team from his dad visiting the locker room for pep talks... I don't know.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Rodgers looks like crap, running from ghosts and throwing from weird angles not setting his feet looking Foles-like.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He knows Olivia Munn is in the crowd and can't stop thinkin about that, erm, well you know...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I badly underestimated Gruden. I know the Skins are better at home and all, but they are really playing some great ball right now.

Snyder be like "how you like me now Fish!?"

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Nice TD. Missed extra point. Not sure i wouldn't have gone for 2 there anyway.

Athos

Legend
Captain Kirk looks awesome. But Reed makes me salivate. I'm telling you all, an elite TE does FAR MORE for a QB than a WR.

Rodgers looks like the smurfs from Space Jam stole his thunder.

Athos

Legend
He knows Olivia Munn is in the crowd and can't stop thinkin about that, erm, well you know...

I'd be thinking about that punanny too! Though.... mixed Asian Chicks just.

Light. My.

tumblr_m4p49hROGz1ro82hjo1_400.gif

Seriously tho. Poor Aaron misses Nelson. But that O-Line is kinda bad.