Picks got to be Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
And who was coaching Alex Smith the last 2 years in KC? :whistle:
The best competitor on the field has got to be your QB. By far he's got to be your top notch competitor."
- Mike Martz
Jared Goff
had to steal this from ya mojo, couldnt help myself
train

Name
aloharamfan
The main difference in intangibles between the two is pocket presence. Goff had it is spades. Wentz, I do not know alot about this abiltiy. The film I have watched on Wentz, does not have him displaying it much.

Goff moves away from pressure but does not look to run. His eyes are down field while staying in the pocket. I think that is something that is very difficult to instill in a young or old qb for that matter. The speed at which goff id's pressure is also very good. He takes a hit really well, because he holds onto the ball that extra nano second that allows him to recognize if the recvr will be open.

Wentz is the physical speciman, no doubt about that, but the nfl is full of guys who looked the part. Not saying he will not have a good career in the nfl, just saying that the wrapping may look good, but it is the intangibles that matter the most for a qb.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
How about to get them to trade up to prevent the Niners from getting one of the two QB's?

Even if the Rams told them, they are under no obligation to pick who anyone else thinks they might pick - Eagles included.
That's a good point and one of the other alternatives. They'd surely rather have the Eagles get the guy than the whiners.

DB16

UDFA
Name
Dennis B.
I know we don't want the Niners grabbing one of these guys, but I gotta say, it's appealing from a rival standpoint. Rams back in LA, both draft a QB in the first. Maybe it'll still happen. Maybe they'll grab Lynch. ;)

I guess it's best the Eagles traded up.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

giphy.gif

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff at the uk bookies is 4/6 on .. Wentz was evens .... Was thinking of a bet don't think I'll bother .... Welcome to the Rams Goff

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Here is the thing. If it's Goff - and the Rams are fine to leak that info to Silver and Allbright and whoever else - then why not just come out w it?

If you are setting it up for suspense though - maybe you leak Goff and then pick Wentz. Give the media something to get all into a frenzy about.

So either keep it a secret and really keep it a secret - or announce it and let it out of the bag - or hit em with the old rope a dope.

So now I still don't know.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, and here's the deal.

Sam Farmer's trying to make a living. He's got sources of SOME kind.

He's asking them.

He's publishing them. His name is out there saying "my sources are saying it's Wentz"

Which means the Rams are burning him, specifically in favor of Mike Silver.

It's just what they're doing. Now, if they were favoring a different LA guy, /shrug. Maybe they just don't like this guy or he's a casualty of the situation.

But, afaik, NONE of the LA guys was given Goff as the guy.

Which means Fisher is burning ALL of the local reporters.

That's like telling your ex-wife you're going on vacation, where the spare key is, the password to the computer and where the checkbook is.

WHY DO THAT???

All these LA reporters are going to have to print something every day. If they are burned about Fisher and the season starts slow, you think they're going to want to give him the benefit of the doubt after he played them so he could give Mike Silver a bunch of scoops and make them look like idiots to their editors?

I believe this is called "making pitchforks". It's bad enough that there are times when the crowd isn't with you. You don't want to go "making pitchforks" along the way to arm the crowd...

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There has been a lot of posts that suggest there is no point to delaying the announcement of the pick, which is probably driven by impatience, but apart from the obvious pitfalls of stating who you want to pick prior to draft day, such as the player being involved in a crappy situation (irreversibly injured, massive criminal conviction etc) and the ensuing back tracking. I think a lot of people fail to see the marketing value to all these experts tweets/speculations AND the Rams silence. This is huge for a team building a new fan base and tapping in to as many peoples news feeds as possible. It is also huge for the NFL on a wider scale! Just look at the frenzy it has caused on this board already. What is the point (financially speaking) of not continuing to fuel the fire?
No doubt, I would rather turn on the NFL Network and hear them discussing the Rams pick than what kind of shampoo Tom Brady is using. We haven't had much positive pub in a long time, why not ride it out?