Pick 2 Free Agents to Sign

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Here's the list of available free agents in 2015. The Rams reportedly have/will have a good deal of cap space, so pick 2. Any 2, although I'd try to stay away from likely-to-be-retained (via franchise, etc.).

My choices:

Stefan Wiesniewski, C, Raiders
James Carpenter, G, Seahawks

Who do you take?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Here's the list of available free agents in 2015. The Rams reportedly have/will have a good deal of cap space, so pick 2. Any 2, although I'd try to stay away from likely-to-be-retained (via franchise, etc.).

My choices:

James Carpenter, G, Seahawks

Who do you take?
I like both of those choices...I'd also be happy with Iuapti and Hudson from the Chiefs.

I'd like to add...It is my guess that the Rams sign a starter and draft a lineman as well. I don't think it is a guarantee that they draft one in the first 2 rounds either. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they let their current backups and a draftee battle it out for a starting spot.

Last edited:

Irish

Starter
Iupati and Wiesniewski.

With Iupati, I love the idea of making a rival worse and yourself better in one move. Its like Stastny to the Blues: not only did the Blues get a superstar center (time will bear that out), but Fuck the Avs, which really needs no expanding upon.

fearsomefour

Legend
Stephan Wiz and
Iupati.
Allows Saffold to move back to RG and the left side with Robinson/Iupati would be imposing.

Best C.
Best G.

Really don't focus on other team's OL players enough to make a more informed comment than that.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
With Iupati, I love the idea of making a rival worse and yourself better in one move.
I like this line of thinking but a couple things to consider here. First, Iupati is a good run blocker, but in pass blocking he may as well wear a red cape and shout "olé". Fisher seems to want to bring Bradford back, and the worst thing to do would be do bring in a terrible pass blocker like Iupati.

Next, Iupati just made another Pro Bowl, arguably mostly on reputation, which means his price tag will be way above market value. The Rams should instead search for value from good players on bad teams, or guys without the bloated reputations, that they can sign at or below market value. Here there's a big danger of getting a guy who's best football is already behind him, who's already got the nicks and concussions and mileage, and really really expensive to boot. I've used Dashan Goldson before as the example of what you probably get with 49er free agents -- nobody ever says "hey he's so much better now since he left the 49ers", they always seem to magically get worse on their new team.

Finally, I'm all for making the 49ers worse, but again because of the Pro Bowl and the bloated contract he will get, no doubt they will get a free 3rd round compensatory pick for a player they already planned on replacing. And whether or not the Rams sign him, someone else will, so the part of "making them worse" won't change because of what the Rams do.

Last edited:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think we've been burned giving big FA contracts to Centers a lot now. I'd rather draft a couple Olinemen, and resign some of our own guys.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Iupati and Wiesniewski.

With Iupati, I love the idea of making a rival worse and yourself better in one move. Its like Stastny to the Blues: not only did the Blues get a superstar center (time will bear that out), but freak the Avs, which really needs no expanding upon.

Mike Iupati G 49ers

Stephan Wiz and
Iupati.
Allows Saffold to move back to RG and the left side with Robinson/Iupati would be imposing.

5KGgu.gif

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Mike Iupati G 49ers

This would be good for the run game but I'd be worried about the pass game on the left side of our line with a still-raw Robinson, next to an oft-injured and overrated pass blocker like Iupati.

FRO

Legend
Suh and Demarius Thomas

Being realistic, go small again this offseason. Try to get Britt/Hayes types

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Without knowing what we may or may not do with Sam's contract, anyone know how much salary cap money we'll have?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Wisniewski, C Oakland
Carpenter, OG Seattle

I have to agree with the take about aging FA 9er Vets...no one ever says how they play better at their next stop.