Peter Schrager On Rams FA And Britt's Immaturity.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh it was about scheme too. Britt was a complete non-fit. McVay wants exact route depth and breaks and a guy like Britt simply is not capable of doing that. And yes, he's a damn child too I'm sure, judging from what I've seen admittedly from outside the locker room.

Tavon will be on the way out too if he doesn't get exact on his routes. This camp is crucial for him in that way because all of a sudden he's going to look around and see that everyone in that WR room is a good route runner (Cooper and Spruce already fit, and with Woods in the house that's 3 good route runners not counting a potential draftee). And tbh it will benefit him greatly to get there, as it will maximize his talent, so I am hopeful he embraces what this staff teaches him.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Oh it was about scheme too. Britt was a complete non-fit. McVay wants exact route depth and breaks and a guy like Britt simply is not capable of doing that. And yes, he's a damn child too I'm sure, judging from what I've seen admittedly from outside the locker room.

Tavon will be on the way out too if he doesn't get exact on his routes. This camp is crucial for him in that way because all of a sudden he's going to look around and see that everyone in that WR room is a good route runner (Cooper and Spruce already fit, and with Woods in the house that's 3 good route runners not counting a potential draftee). And tbh it will benefit him greatly to get there, as it will maximize his talent, so I am hopeful he embraces what this staff teaches him.

I agree on both points, now if this new OL can give Goff more than 2 seconds, we might have something.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I really wish the Stedman thing never happened. I feel like he could go far in this offense

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Britt was a complete non-fit. McVay wants exact route depth and breaks and a guy like Britt simply is not capable of doing that.
I get what you're saying,but the inability to run good routes
is not a physical inability for him.If you have been playing
in the league 8 yrs and still run inconsistent routes,It's
because of a lack of desire and discipline.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
While Britt played hard and practiced hard, there was still some of that Fisher "country club" and just plain silliness about him. It affected the other players, especially Quick. Glad he's gone,

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
How legit is this account? Seems like they've posted a few rumours that I haven't heard anywhere else.

Rich HammondVerified account
@Rich_Hammond
Covering the L.A. Rams for the Orange County Register, Los Angeles Daily News and all of Southern California News Group. Member @PFWAwriters

can someone help me understand this? what goes into the supposed "physical"?

Haven't yet found any info on why he failed his physical but he did leave this tweet...All the best in the future for him and any Rams player no longer with the team.

View: https://twitter.com/EugeneSims2/status/840691380750028800/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

As far as route running goes, well duh, if a receiver consistently isn't where and when he's supposed to be on his routes, then he's going to screw up the play. This is one of the reasons why the Patriots :puke: seem to connect on so many passes from Brady to what other teams might dismiss as average receivers. It's drilled into them. Give me a sharp route runner who can catch the ball over a fast, free-lancing, diva wide receiver any day.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Cool statement. Except that no one else ever did.

That's cute. You must be a pretty new Rams fan. Bailey had a pretty decent fan base. Also, I doubt that it was brought up much since this offense is new to the Rams, so I guess you're technically correct.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Class gesture there by Sims on twitter. Another guy like Hayes that worked hard and did his job, and who I wish well in the rest of his career.