Pead vs Niners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
He's had a grand total of 7 rushing attempts this season. That's way too small of a sample to see if he has what it takes to run for the Rams. Time to see what he has in him. I would like to see at least 20 attempts against Niners. The Rams need a run game.

iced

I liked his game last week - O-line needs to step it up big time. Even on the nice 11 yard run Pead had, he was hit immediately at the LOS by Hatcher - then broke it free for 10 more.

O-line and TE's in blocking last week were downright dreadful.. several missed assignments

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
I liked his game last week - O-line needs to step it up big time. Even on the nice 11 yard run Pead had, he was hit immediately at the LOS by Hatcher - then broke it free for 10 more.

O-line and TE's in blocking last week were downright dreadful.. several missed assignments

I did too. I've seen enough to want to see more.

He's a good blocker too so maybe he blocks for TA rushes a time or too?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Sorry, I just don't see it. I look at Pead and I see a clueless head case.

My bet is that he is not here next year. He looks like a bust to me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
max said:

Well, I hope you're wrong. I see things that are encouraging to me. Why he's so slow to develop is a mystery, but if he eventually does, then he'll be a very good back. It all depends on how much rope Fisher gives him I guess.

RamzFanz

Damnit
max said:

You may be right but with just 7 carries, I am hoping he's a hidden gem. The Rams need to find out because there is no other option currently on the team at this point that I see. DR is decent but he's just not good enough by himself.

iced

max said:

lol i don't get it

i see more in him than i do any other rb on this team, including a healthy drich

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Way too small of a sample size for me to make condemning remarks about him. I thought he did fine the last couple of weeks. This is his chance to shine, either he will, or he won't, but he has major league talent.

Speeps

Starter
Fisher needs to stop this Bennie Cunningham garbage and let Pead play. The guy has talent. If we're worrying about him making mistakes, how is that different from anyone else that played these last three weeks, because lets face it, we're not seeing good football. Let him play, make his mistakes, and coach him up. I fail to see why Cunningham is on this roster, and why he's retruning kicks. I mean, he's slow, and just doesnt have the vision.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Is Richardson playing Thursday? Anyone know anything?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamzFanz said:
Didn't practice today (knee). Other than that, it's probably likely that he will.

Speeps

Starter
RamzFanz said:
I have no idea. It will be surprising if he did. And I swear if they start cunningham, i'll flip a lid.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
max said:

What exactly have you seen from anyone else on the team thus far that is better?

Pho Kadat

Rookie
I'd like to see 20-30 attempts simply because we're probably winning big time if that happens. Really though, I'm not sure it matters who is running the ball, there just hasn't been any running lanes worth noting. That plus we've been in "pass every down" situations in all three games.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
RamzFanz said:
Didn't practice today (knee). Other than that, it's probably likely that he will.

He only got 1 play last week, I'd say just sit him for the week and play Pead, Cunningham and Stacy.

Graphicker

Starter
Pead has so much shady McCoy in him it's ridiculous.
Dude has so much wiggle and was juking the shit out of people.

You can't give up on him.. Too early..

bluecoconuts

Legend
Graphicker said:
Pead has so much shady McCoy in him it's ridiculous.
Dude has so much wiggle and was juking the shit out of people.

You can't give up on him.. Too early..

That's how I feel. Since the run blocking isn't helping out the runningbacks, we need someone that has the ability to make something out of nothing. That's going to be Pead with the type of moves he has, he just needs to get confident and time. Richardson is our best runner as long as he gets some blocking of course, but we're not getting that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Speeps said:
Fisher needs to stop this Bennie Cunningham garbage and let Pead play. The guy has talent. If we're worrying about him making mistakes, how is that different from anyone else that played these last three weeks, because lets face it, we're not seeing good football. Let him play, make his mistakes, and coach him up. I fail to see why Cunningham is on this roster, and why he's retruning kicks. I mean, he's slow, and just doesnt have the vision.

While I think you are rather extreme I haven't seen anything from cunningham that made me think anything other than meh.

I like pead but he falls down far too often, like he trips over his feet. It's a little clumsy. I hope he just calms down and trusts his talent and runs like he knows he can.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I probably saw a third of the game, after the first quarter i never saw more than three plays in a row , haven't had the time nor desire to watch it (wonder why?)
FWIW there was only one guy that impressed me from what I saw, Pead, IMO if you put him in and let him get a rhythm going ,hell do well.

Running back by committee is all well and good,if your personnel do well in their assigned capacity, but some guys don't do well with it, need to get hit a few time before they quit thinking and start playing, I'm not sayin' Pead is "that guy" I am sayin he was a damn good back when we drafted him and something happened.

I'm not second guessing the coach , but I'd like to give Pead the start and time to get into the flow, he's the best three down back we have ,I'll argue till my keyboard melts that is true.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
I probably saw a third of the game, after the first quarter i never saw more than three plays in a row , haven't had the time nor desire to watch it (wonder why?)
FWIW there was only one guy that impressed me from what I saw, Pead, IMO if you put him in and let him get a rhythm going ,hell do well.

Running back by committee is all well and good,if your personnel do well in their assigned capacity, but some guys don't do well with it, need to get hit a few time before they quit thinking and start playing, I'm not sayin' Pead is "that guy" I am sayin he was a damn good back when we drafted him and something happened.

I'm not second guessing the coach , but I'd like to give Pead the start and time to get into the flow, he's the best three down back we have ,I'll argue till my keyboard melts that is true.
I just noticed (again) that one of Fisher's better seasons was the result of having C.J. and Fat Boy toting the rock to the tune of over 2000 yards combined, and their best receiver (Justin Gage) had less than 700 yards. They were also 2nd in the league on defense in terms of points allowed. So his ball-control methodology can work (maybe), but not with the way the defense is playing lately. And yes, that did work against guys like Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers.